Latest News From Intact America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest News From Intact America

Don't know if many of you other board members are on the emailing list of Intact America, but I am, and after receiving their latest email newsletter, I am bothered by their latest strategy, which they feel will make IA into a more prominent organization.

They are now adding a "Debate" section to their web page, where they allow posts by the "Other Side."

While it's very obvious from reading the rest of their webpage, that they are biased against MGM, I'm not sure that allowing the Other Side to state its case is going to help IA in achieving its goals or not.

I have read discussions among Intactivists as to whether we should ever give the Other Side of this issue, and present pro MGM arguments, I tend to agree that the Other Side should be stated, only in refuting it.

I just wondered if any other members here had seen IA's newsletter, and visited their new "Debate" section, and if so, what you think of it.

They have even put the word, "debate" on the vehicle they plan to have driving by the AAP's upcoming convention site. Subscriptions (1)

My take, of course, centers on debate only between the principle actors in scene: physicians, medical guideline groups, and the insurance carriers. That's where light needs to be shone on the issues, because they perform RIC, or pay for it, all without clear definitions and clinical guidelines for neonates. Otherwise, "debate", also known as argument and hissy fits between everybody else, is pointless; clueless teapot tempests amounting to absolutely nothing in the way of actual change.

Comment

I think IA's new site fills an important & previously un-met need for information. The site is an introductory means of offering viewpoints to people who are uncertain about circumcision. Swinging the "undecideds" into the pro-intact camp will help reaching the tipping point in America.

From my perspective and experience with Intaction of running over 15 large public educational events per year for the last three years, circumcisiondebate.org is well done and persuasive.

I think by duly noting some of the reasons why people support circumcision, the site then has the opportunity to show how those reasons are misguided. If the site doesn't address those issues, then the viewer will likely seek that information from another source that may very well be pro-circ.

The name and URL are spot on. There is significant controversy on the issue of genital cutting with strong opinions from supporters and opponents. The name reflects that and many people conduct google searches based on phrases like that.
      Advanced Devices Inc.
      http://foreskin-restoration.info/
      Adhesi-Med Skin Safe Medical Adhesive
      Supercanister Tuggers
      Torpedo Tugging Weights

Intaction - Understand the Harm, Change the World, Are You Ready?
      Join the I DID NOT CONSENT Army
      http://intaction.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
        I think IA's new site fills an important & previously un-met need for information. The site is an introductory means of offering viewpoints to people who are uncertain about circumcision. Swinging the "undecideds" into the pro-intact camp will help reaching the tipping point in America.

From my perspective and experience with Intaction of running over 15 large public educational events per year for the last three years, circumcisiondebate.org is well done and persuasive.

I think by duly noting some of the reasons why people support circumcision, the site then has the opportunity to show how those reasons are misguided. If the site doesn't address those issues, then the viewer will likely seek that information from another source that may very well be pro-circ.

The name and URL are spot on. There is significant controversy on the issue of genital cutting with strong opinions from supporters and opponents. The name reflects that and many people conduct google searches based on phrases like that.
        Good points.

Comment

Thanks
          Advanced Devices Inc.
          http://foreskin-restoration.info/
          Adhesi-Med Skin Safe Medical Adhesive
          Supercanister Tuggers
          Torpedo Tugging Weights

Intaction - Understand the Harm, Change the World, Are You Ready?
          Join the I DID NOT CONSENT Army
          http://intaction.org/

Comment

Working...
          X