Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German documentary "Circumcision of Boys" - english subtitles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • German documentary "Circumcision of Boys" - english subtitles

    Someone on reddit posted this youtube video of a documentary from Arte (Europeans will know this channel) - a Franco-German documentary TV channel.

    The original is sadly not available abroad, hopefully this link works.

    My mother actually mentioned she watched it and we had a short conversation about it, she knows about what I'm going through.
    I haven't watched it yet because I need to actually pay attention and read the subtitles for 52 minutes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...l=SimontenKate

  • #2
    Originally posted by Thatreallychafesmyhead View Post
    Someone on reddit posted this youtube video of a documentary from Arte (Europeans will know this channel) - a Franco-German documentary TV channel.
    The original is sadly not available abroad, hopefully this link works.
    My mother actually mentioned she watched it and we had a short conversation about it, she knows about what I'm going through.
    I haven't watched it yet because I need to actually pay attention and read the subtitles

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...l=SimontenKate
    The doc video is officially not licensed for US (according to https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/089058...nbeschneidung/ today), so don't wait to watch at the YouTube link.

    Here is the German text from that page:
    = = =
    Jungenbeschneidung Mehr als nur ein kleiner Schnitt


    Die Entfernung der Vorhaut ist die am häufigsten durchgeführte Operation an Jungen weltweit - aus religiösen, kulturellen oder medizinischen Gründen. Doch immer mehr Ärztinnen und Ärzte kritisieren, dass viel zu häufig operiert wird und stellen den medizinischen Nutzen der Beschneidung in Frage. Wie sinnvoll ist Beschneidung wirklich?

    Die Entfernung der Vorhaut ist die am häufigsten durchgeführte Operation an Jungen weltweit – aus religiösen, kulturellen oder medizinischen Gründen. Doch immer mehr Ärztinnen und Ärzte sagen, dass der Schaden größer sei als der gesundheitliche Nutzen und dass viel zu häufig ohne medizinische Notwendigkeit operiert werde.
    Betroffene, die unter ihrer Beschneidung leiden, wagen zunehmend den Schritt an die Öffentlichkeit. Sie fordern, dass Jungen vor medizinisch nicht notwendigen Beschneidungen geschützt werden und so ihr Recht auf körperliche Unversehrtheit gewahrt wird. So wie Florian. Der 22-Jährige ist sich sicher, dass seine Beschneidung als Kind medizinisch nicht nötig war. Über alternative Möglichkeiten wurden seine Eltern damals vom behandelnden Arzt nicht aufgeklärt. Jetzt will Florian vor Gericht klären, ob der Arzt falsch gehandelt hat.
    Trotz zunehmender Kritik ist die Meinung, dass eine Beschneidung viele Vorteile bringe, noch immer weit verbreitet. In Afrika empfahl die WHO die Beschneidung im Kampf gegen Aids. Infolgedessen wurden Millionen Säuglinge und Jungen präventiv beschnitten. Doch viele Wissenschaftlerinnen und Wissenschaftler bezweifeln, dass dadurch das Risiko einer Ansteckung mit HIV tatsächlich verringert werden kann. Nach zunehmender Kritik stoppte die WHO 2020 das Beschneidungsprogramm, doch die Auswirkungen der Kampagne sind noch heute deutlich zu spüren.
    Die Dokumentation geht der Frage nach, wann eine Beschneidung medizinisch tatsächlich sinnvoll ist, und stellt die Ethik dieser jahrtausendealten Praktik kritisch in Frage.
    = = =
    And machine English translation:

    Boy circumcision More than just a small cut

    Removal of the foreskin is the most common operation performed on boys worldwide - for religious, cultural or medical reasons. However, more and more doctors are criticizing the fact that operations are far too common and are questioning the medical benefits of circumcision. How useful is circumcision really?

    Removal of the foreskin is the most common operation performed on boys worldwide - for religious, cultural or medical reasons. But more and more doctors are saying that the damage outweighs the health benefits and that far too often surgeries are being performed without medical necessity.
    Affected people who suffer from their circumcision are increasingly daring to go public. They demand that boys be protected from circumcisions that are not medically necessary, so that their right to physical integrity is protected. Just like Florian. The 22-year-old is certain that his circumcision as a child was not medically necessary. At the time, the doctor treating him did not inform his parents about alternative options. Now Florian wants to clarify in court whether the doctor acted wrongly.
    Despite growing criticism, the notion that circumcision brings many benefits is still widespread. In Africa, the WHO recommended circumcision in the fight against AIDS. As a result, millions of infants and boys have been preventively circumcised. However, many scientists doubt that this can actually reduce the risk of contracting HIV. After growing criticism, the WHO stopped the circumcision program in 2020, but the effects of the campaign are still being felt today.
    The documentary investigates when circumcision actually makes medical sense and critically questions the ethics of this millennia-old practice.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Thatreallychafesmyhead View Post
      My mother actually mentioned she watched it and we had a short conversation about it, she knows about what I'm going through.
      My mother actually apologized for having me circumcised when a documentary was on here in Canada showing this wasn't necessary and showing the graphic nature of this on infant boys. I'm not really over it. Physically my foreskin is back. But the senselessness of something that wasn't needed to improve me still bothers me.
      View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Going Hooded View Post

        My mother actually apologized for having me circumcised when a documentary was on here in Canada showing this wasn't necessary and showing the graphic nature of this on infant boys. I'm not really over it. Physically my foreskin is back. But the senselessness of something that wasn't needed to improve me still bothers me.
        Honestly I had to stop watching the documentary when they showed the actual procedure, I get enough flashes without having to actually see it too. Maybe later.
        My mother is the same, she apologized and kept saying how bad she felt taking me to the hospital despite nothing being wrong with me. She was basically pressured into it by the culture on my father's side.
        I don't resent her tbh, if no doctor says that it's wrong then it's difficult for parents to understand the true mutilative nature of this intervention.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Thatreallychafesmyhead View Post

          Honestly I had to stop watching the documentary when they showed the actual procedure, I get enough flashes without having to actually see it too. Maybe later.
          My mother is the same, she apologized and kept saying how bad she felt taking me to the hospital despite nothing being wrong with me. She was basically pressured into it by the culture on my father's side.
          I don't resent her tbh, if no doctor says that it's wrong then it's difficult for parents to understand the true mutilative nature of this intervention.
          Part of why I still feel hurt and betrayed is because I had a rare bone disease. I've had a high number of bone surgeries. I've had to fight for these. I don't accept that healthy skin can be removed. More than this when I started puberty I discovered my circumcision had been so aggressive that my testicles were being forced back into my body with each erection. This harmed me and not help me. I am really glad I found out about foreskin restoration at age 14. I was already my own person at this age because of the bone disease. I had the courage to find how to undo it. But still it is so convoluted that circumcision can occur without a medical based reason.
          View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

          Comment

          Working...
          X