Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022-03-23 Idaho’s HB 675, which would have criminalized gender-affirming care for trans youth, is officially dead!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022-03-23 Idaho’s HB 675, which would have criminalized gender-affirming care for trans youth, is officially dead!

    https://interactadvocates.org/transg...tion-intersex/
    = = = =
    State legislatures across the country are introducing bills that would criminalize or restrict providing healthcare to transgender minors. What many don’t realize is that in the rush to control transgender minors’ bodies, many of these bills also include specific exemptions allowing “corrective” procedures on intersex traits.

    These bills attempt to set a standard for how individuals can feel good in their bodies, and what a “normal” body should look like, in regards to sex and gender.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

  • #2
    Good news indeed! I was going to post a thread myself but decided it would be too political. So I'll say it here instead: Republican politicians don't give a F*** about your bodily autonomy and right to self determination.

    Remove this comment if you feel it isn't appropriate.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by admin View Post
      https://interactadvocates.org/transg...tion-intersex/
      = = = =
      State legislatures across the country are introducing bills that would criminalize or restrict providing healthcare to transgender minors. What many don’t realize is that in the rush to control transgender minors’ bodies, many of these bills also include specific exemptions allowing “corrective” procedures on intersex traits.

      These bills attempt to set a standard for how individuals can feel good in their bodies, and what a “normal” body should look like, in regards to sex and gender.
      Good. it didn't go far enough. To get this bill passed now the Republicans will have to rewrite it to ban ALL forms of genital mutilation surgeries on ANYONE UNDER 18. Parents do not belong having pedophiles with knives cut on their childrens genitals

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FatalStrategies View Post

        Good. it didn't go far enough. To get this bill passed now the Republicans will have to rewrite it to ban ALL forms of genital mutilation surgeries on ANYONE UNDER 18. Parents do not belong having pedophiles with knives cut on their childrens genitals
        Don’t kid yourself. The idiots trying to push this crap through never even considered circumcision as genital mutilation. I’ve been an Idaho resident for more than 40 years and the path our uneducated, zealot leaders is disgusting. They are pounding their misguided dogma down out throats funded by small, well funded private money and are nothing more than spineless puppets voting for anything they are told to vote for - frequently without even reading the bills. Unfortunately this bill is one example of their incompetence. I’ll step off my box now 😀

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vbnm0124 View Post

          Don’t kid yourself. The idiots trying to push this crap through never even considered circumcision as genital mutilation. I’ve been an Idaho resident for more than 40 years and the path our uneducated, zealot leaders is disgusting. They are pounding their misguided dogma down out throats funded by small, well funded private money and are nothing more than spineless puppets voting for anything they are told to vote for - frequently without even reading the bills. Unfortunately this bill is one example of their incompetence. I’ll step off my box now 😀
          I know, thats why its good this bill got struck down, until theyre willing to pass a General Genital Mutilation Ban they dont have the right to do shit about trans children.

          Comment


          • #6
            As a tax payer I don't want to pay for this ridiculous stuff of someone's gender reassignment.
            if they're over 18 they can do as they will under their dime.
            If they don't like what they are then that's their problem to deal with.
            This has nothing to do with circumcision of which the government has no business paying for that either !

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Looks intact View Post
              This has nothing to do with circumcision
              When the US allows male babies to be circumcised, they incidentally allow some who will come to identify as transwomen to be circumcised. Many will bemoan the fact that their genital reduction surgery has drastically diminished their propects for a satisfactory outcome if they choose gender-affirming bottom surgery.

              From a selfish standpoint, it would behoove us to join the fight for trans rights because it must necessarily improve the rights of male babies.

              -Ron Low
              [email protected]
              847 414-1692 Chicago

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by admin View Post

                When the US allows male babies to be circumcised, they incidentally allow some who will come to identify as transwomen to be circumcised. Many will bemoan the fact that their genital reduction surgery has drastically diminished their propects for a satisfactory outcome if they choose gender-affirming bottom surgery.

                From a selfish standpoint, it would behoove us to join the fight for trans rights because it must necessarily improve the rights of male babies.
                Agreed. A common argumentin favor of the trans movement is that the male and female genitals develop out of the same cells, and conclude from this that a trans-womans male genitalia is in reality a clitoris EVEN BEFORE TRANSITION. If we extend this logic further, they already are cutting off parts of girls clitorises as the clitoris is simply the female counterpart of the penis. This is the equivalent of a labia plasty or partial clitorectomy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Looks intact View Post
                  As a tax payer I don't want to pay for this ridiculous stuff of someone's gender reassignment.
                  if they're over 18 they can do as they will under their dime.
                  If they don't like what they are then that's their problem to deal with.
                  This has nothing to do with circumcision of which the government has no business paying for that either !
                  Yeah but the way to do that is explicit and general rules- something like banning medicare from covering any so-called "healthcare" which the individual is incapable of consenting to- along with all cosmetic procedures. The Psychiatric Industrial Complex would have to be axed as well to make this work.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X