X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-03-31 Foreskin restoration being done in [Phillipines], says doctor

This is an article about surgical reconstruction, but still interesting

https://www.rappler.com/nation/19928...on-philippines

Philippine urologist Ulysses Quanico, during a recent forum organized by Forum on Family Planning and Development in Cebu, said that he had patients who availed of "uncircumcision" or foreskin restoration.

Foreskin restoration involves recreating the skin on the penis that had been lost to circumcision or injury. Quanico said that he had performed foreskin restoration on at least two of his patients.

Quanico, who is an officer of Health Information Network, did not specify his patients' reasons for foreskin restoration, but said the most common reason cited is an uncomfortable erection.
    Visit my restoration progress journal.

It would be interesting if he could've described how his procedure was done. The only surgical technique I've read about involved grafting scrotal skin onto the shaft of the penis.

There have occasionally been Filipino restorers who show up here or at restoringforeskin.org, who described undergoing a circumcision procedure that only involved cutting along the dorsal side. I suppose the restoration procedure wouldn't be as simple as grafting the skin back together along the scar line. Since the article states they're cut at a young age, an adult wouldn't have enough skin left over. I'd assume some manual foreskin restoration, like what we're doing, would be required to grow more skin beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality
      Well..........first you look at the source: popular media. Does popular media have a good reputation for getting facts right, let alone provide in-depth information? I think you know the answer to that.
      It depends on the media, as well as the culture surrounding it.

I mentioned reading about a procedure; now I remember that I'd bookmarked an archived copy of the magazine article. This was in Toronto Life magazine in August 2006, and describes a procedure developed by a (now retired) plastic surgeon named Dr. Robert Stubbs:

https://web.archive.org/web/20071123...hood/?pageno=3
      https://web.archive.org/web/20071123...hood/?pageno=4

The surgery is described at the second link; the first just has him acknowledging that people make fun of his name.

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
        It would be interesting if he could've described how his procedure was done. The only surgical technique I've read about involved grafting scrotal skin onto the shaft of the penis.

There have occasionally been Filipino restorers who show up here or at restoringforeskin.org, who described undergoing a circumcision procedure that only involved cutting along the dorsal side.
        The tradition Philippine dorsal chop would probably be the easiest reconstruction to do, since nothing was amputated. It's just putting things back together the right way. But the resulting skin tube would be snug due to all the incisions and scarring.
        -Ron Low
        [email protected]
        847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
        X