Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-06-16 Intaction scores big at the Mermaid Parade - Protect the Fore-fins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-06-16 Intaction scores big at the Mermaid Parade - Protect the Fore-fins!

Please have a look at Tony's write-up for the Intactivists making waves at the Coney Island Mermaid Parade, https://mailchi.mp/45698f24eff5/fore...thewin-2871429 and then take out your credit card and send some love to http://Intaction.org It's absolutely the most efficient intactivist charity. They put out way more than they take in.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Even more effective than The Bloodstained Men? Brother K does a wonderful job of educating people.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
      Even more effective than The Bloodstained Men? Brother K does a wonderful job of educating people.
      My answer is HELL YES. I admire Brother K, but the message most people get when they drive by the bloodstained men is that "a bunch of crazy people yelled at me." They'll see signs about butchers and rapists and "16+ functions" and go away confused as hell.

Intaction instead touts the 4 powers of the foreskin - pleasure, protection, lubrication, and connection - and each intactivist can elaborate on these as they wish, and as the audience leads. If at any time the listener says anything about health or medical benefits: "Not one medical association on earth endorses cutting healthy children. Informed adults can decide for themselves."
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Attitudes are changing in the street, I know because Intaction's volunteers and myself speak to hundreds of people every month at Intaction's public events with our mobile education unit. When people see our exhibits and speak to us, they change. Just three days ago a woman started crying when she looked at our infant genital cutting exhibit. She said, "how can anyone do this to a baby?" These emotional responses are not easily forgotten. And when parents stop asking for circumcisions or refuse doctors solicitations, that is how we will win.

Of course it would be wonderful if the AAP would come out with a new policy statement of "DO NOT RECOMMEND", but I might have to live several lifetimes before that happens. As I stated in my presentation at Genital Autonomy 2018, let's not dream about "red button" solutions. The AAP is not likely to reverse their stance after staking so much on the 2012 policy statement. And if they take away the alleged medical benefits with a "do not recommend" statement, that would starkly expose religious circumcision as the blood ritual that it is. The AAP is protecting that, along with insurance reimbursements.

So street advocacy works and is making a big difference in changing public attitudes and getting past the media bias by going directly to the people's hearts and minds. Even Brother K's style of advocacy helps. Really anything intactivists can do will make a difference. But you have to get out there and do something. If you can't due to work or family constraints, then donate to any of the groups out there so they can do it for you.

Intaction is focusing on publicising the positive benefits of foreskin, because people need to understand why foreskin is important before they can dismiss circumcision.
        Advanced Devices Inc.
        http://foreskin-restoration.info/
        Adhesi-Med Skin Safe Medical Adhesive
        Supercanister Tuggers
        Torpedo Tugging Weights

Intaction - Understand the Harm, Change the World, Are You Ready?
        Join the I DID NOT CONSENT Army
        http://intaction.org/

Comment

While educating the public IS extremely important, this needs to be a multiple front campaign. The doctors and all other medical professionals need to be worked on, including those up and coming in medical school RIGHT NOW. After all, THEY are the ones that caused this crisis and so many STILL solicit this heinous practice. If they just kept their trap shut, many parents would never even give it a second thought. The medical text book publishers need to be worked on. Even today many US medical text books don't even show the foreskin or have any chapter about its functions. There also needs to be someone trying to get on ALL the TV talk shows and get this dialogue going. THAT would be huge for exposure! And finally it needs to be outlawed and banned on anyone under the age of 18 unless absolutely medically necessary and then only removing the bare MINIMUM to address the problem. For adults, ONLY if they are properly informed about everything they will lose. Elephant in the Hospital should be REQUIRED to be watched. According to the 14th amendment, male circumcision on minors is already illegal because females are protected by law and males are NOT. This needs to be exploited and fast tracked.

Comment

Yup. And that's why organizations like "Doctors Opposing Circumcision" are SO important, but they need to REALLY lean on their colleagues....HARD!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

My answer is HELL YES. I admire Brother K, but the message most people get when they drive by the bloodstained men is that "a bunch of crazy people yelled at me." They'll see signs about butchers and rapists and "16+ functions" and go away confused as hell.

Intaction instead touts the 4 powers of the foreskin - pleasure, protection, lubrication, and connection - and each intactivist can elaborate on these as they wish, and as the audience leads. If at any time the listener says anything about health or medical benefits: "Not one medical association on earth endorses cutting healthy children. Informed adults can decide for themselves."
              I thought about donating to the bloodstained men but the way they aggressively go about spreading the cause is not something that should be encouraged

Comment

Working...
              X