Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncicumcised yet keratinized - what could have caused this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncicumcised yet keratinized - what could have caused this?

(EDIT: IDK if you guys want to see pictures, but if you do, they're here: https://imgur.com/a/0KUkMvU )

I know this is a circumcision forum, but I'm turning to you guys, because I don't know where else to ask.

I am uncircumcised, yet about the top 2/3 of my penis head is keratinized and the bottom 1/3 is still moist. I don't know when this happened, but it's been around for a while, certainly months, possibly years. I noticed that part of the head was a slightly different color, but paid it no mind until a few months ago when I had my first blow job and was surprised I got no pleasure from it. Took me until recently to realize I had no sensation at all in that top 2/3 part of the head - the bottom 1/3 remains sensitive.

The thing that comes to mind as a possible reason for this is that a few years ago I stopped wearing underwear, so perhaps the head rubbing against the rough fabric of the pants induced the keratinization. I am skeptical, however, as when my penis is flaccid, it is pretty much entirely covered by the foreskin, except for the very top, certainly most of the keratinized area is covered.

I DO, as we all do, sometimes get erections when out and about and that would make the foreskin roll back and expose the glans mucosa, but this would be momentary - seems to me too short to induce keratinization.

So, I have two questions:

#1 Is there something else that could have caused this partial keratinization of my penis head?

#2 Assuming it WAS the absence of underwear, my understanding is that once the mucosa is no longer being rubbed, dekeratinization should happen, is that right? How long should this take? If I know how long it should take and it doesn't happen in that time span, then I can eliminate the underwear theory.
    Last edited by Dimitri001; 01-21-2022, 02:34 PM.

The only way that I am aware of getting a keratinized mucous membrane is to have it exposed to the air and elements around the penis that is drying it out or rubbing on clothes. if you glans is sticking past your foreskin than it is exposed to what is mentioned above. You can grow more foreskin to completely cover the glans when flaccid either with manual tugging or using a tugging device than you would have complete coverage which would protect the glans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitri001 View Post
      I am uncircumcised
      We say intact.

about the top 2/3 of my penis head is keratinized and the bottom 1/3 is still moist.
      I don't think that's unusual. Foreskin lengths vary. Some don't automatically protect the glans during erections.

Lots of intact guys use restoring techniques to lengthen what they have. In some cases we find out they were retracted by caregivers which can cause the foreskin to grow unnaturally short. The global average age at which an intact boy first see his glans is 10.4 years https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...-at-10-4-years

paid it no mind until a few months ago when I had my first blow job and was surprised I got no pleasure from it.
      I don't think the tip of the glans is the make-or-break when it comes to oral pleasure even for most intact guys.

a few years ago I stopped wearing underwear, so perhaps the head rubbing against the rough fabric of the pants induced the keratinization.
      I think even air - without rough abrasion - is enough to change a mucosal surface into something drier.

I DO, as we all do, sometimes get erections when out and about and that would make the foreskin roll back and expose the glans mucosa, but this would be momentary - seems to me too short to induce keratinization.
      How about in bed? We can have long-lasting nocturnal erections that would expose perhaps much of the glans to bedding and air.

once the mucosa is no longer being rubbed, dekeratinization should happen, is that right? How long should this take? If I know how long it should take and it doesn't happen in that time span, then I can eliminate the underwear theory.
      You're not going to get a timeframe out of me. No real clue about the starting state or about what your idea of restored is, and would still not know what to say about timetables even if those things were definable and known.

But for maximum suppleness and rejuvenation:
      - Always wear your skin fully over the glans 24/7, as with the Your-Skin Cone https://TLCTugger.com/your-skin-cone/ (except during bathing, sex, or toileting).
      - Never tolerate dry friction to the glans or inner foreskin.
      - Use only clear water to wash the end of the penis.
      - The more you rub and scrub away loose skin debris when washing, the slower will be your rejuvenation.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Is the glans fully or partially covered while flaccid?

Comment

I’m inclined to agree that you (for whatever reason, either naturally have a shortened foreskin or your caregiver forcibly retracted it while you were much younger, which caused it to grow unnaturally shorter), thus exposing two thirds of your glans to become constantly exposed to air/elements, etc. and therefore resulting in keratinization. Foreskin lengthening may indeed rectify your situation. Depending on how fast your skin grows along with how much tension and how often you tug, will determine how much time it takes for you to acquire enough new foreskin to completely cover your glans on a permanent basis.
          Also, since every man is different, not all of us will react the same to receiving oral pleasures, not to mention the host of other variables to be considered…ie: the skills or talents of the person performing fellatio or even how much ‘into’ or not you might feel about said individual, not to mention the the distinctly different parts of the penis that may be much more sensitive to stimulation than the glans, for instance the frenula, ridged ban or coronal ridge. In my mind, no real way of putting a definitive answer to this question.
          Tugger1

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            I don't think that's unusual. Foreskin lengths vary. Some don't automatically protect the glans during erections.
            But would the short time the penis spends in erect state really be sufficient for keratinization (setting aside for a moment the other issue you raised of the possibility of long-lasting nocturnal erections)?

The erections I get while out and about which I mentioned last only seconds, then there's the erections I get while masturbating, which are longer, but would last only about 30 mins. I don't know what's long enough, but going just by intuition, it seems too short to induce keratinization.

On the topic of long-lasting nocturnal erections, I do sometimes wake up with an erection in the morning, but, of course, I can't say how long I'd spent in that state.

Originally posted by admin View Post
            - Use only clear water to wash the end of the penis.
            This is something someone else mentioned to me as a possible cause. I regularly use shower gel to wash the head of the penis, but never soap.

However, if this were the cause, I would expect the whole head to be affected and not only about 50-60%.

Originally posted by z726 View Post
            Is the glans fully or partially covered while flaccid?
            Almost fully covered, there's only a very small uncovered area near the tip. But the area affected by keratinization is waay larger than that very small exposed area. I'd say the exposed area is maybe 3-4% and the keratinized area is around 50-60%.

Comment

I took some pictures and added them to a gallery, in case anyone wants to see and give an opinion:

https://imgur.com/a/0KUkMvU

Comment

Dimitri001,

I don’t think the short amount of time your glans are exposed during erections is enough to cause keratinization. However, the fact that you presently don’t have continuously complete flaccid coverage could indeed be reason enough for this to occur. My reasoning is that the opening, however slight, simply allows ‘air’ to enter underneath your foreskin. I’d once observed a fellow intact naturist whose foreskin appeared to actually close and form a type of seal approximately one quarter inch passed the tip of his glans. This would be my goal at the end of restoration. However, as I no longer possess any ridged band, that likelihood may be in achievable. As I grow more and more skin, I can see that it’s trying to encompass the glans, but I fear it’ll never form a completely closed seal at the tip. I’ve also observed that some intact men have a smooth neat seal (almost like the appearance of a ‘letter/mail slot’ in a door, etc), while others tend to have a much more wrinkled bunching of their foreskin at the end of their penises. I guess that may in part be due to the volume of foreskin as well to the amount of elasticity of said skin.
                Despite the difference in coloration of your glans, it appears that the upper portion is still quite smooth, and not cracked and grizzled like most cut guys who’ve lived a lifetime with their glans continuously exposed to the air, clothing, bedding, etc. I think foreskin lengthening will eventually return your entire glans to its fully mucosal state. You might also try using smaller o-rings as retainers in order to train your foreskin to stay closed or sealed when not actively tugging. Good luck to you.
                Tugger1

Comment

If this has only happened after you stopped wearing underwear, you could always see what happens if you start again.

My guess is that your skin could be retracting just slightly enough to allow part of your glans to dry out. The bottom 1/3 of the glans is the part that flares out, and I've noticed myself that this is more likely to seal in any moisture when I only have partial coverage while wearing boxers. When I'm wearing boxer briefs, my coverage tends to be full, and the glans doesn't dry out anywhere.

Regarding sensitivity, one thing to keep in mind is that the corona is what contains the tactile nerve endings. The rest of the glans surface is known to contain free nerve endings, which aren't as sensitive to light touch.

Comment

As was said, keratinization happens due to exposure of the glans. It is a protective mechanism your body uses, similar to developing callouses on your hands. Since you state that your an intact man that has some exposure to your glans, and since your photos show a gradation in color and smoothness, it sure appears that the cause is a relatively short foreskin. In fact, my glans is also coloerd in that gradation way, as I am only partially covered, so it looks a lot like yours, for the same reason. Some coverage, some exposure.

Whether this is a new phenomenon, or something that you are now just noticing, you can sort out. I certainly have seen something "new", that turned out (after further reflection) to have been something that was always there, I just never noticed it or paid attention to it previously. z726's suggestion to try wearing underwear again is a good one for sorting that specific question out, about whether it is new or has always been.

I would say that you have a few choices:

You can live with it, knowing you are like many intact men who have relatively short foreskins.

You can make a greater effort to keep your glans protected, like wearing underwear, or even doing what we restorers call retaining. That will provide a more even look to your glans, at the cost of doing whatever you choose to do for the long term.

You can restore your foreskin so that it is longer, long enough to stay completely over your glans all the time. The cost will be a short term cost of growing more skin to accomplish this, but then you will be done and as protected as possible, with no long term things to do other than enjoy.

As far as pleasurable feelings, I agree with the others, the glans not that sensitive, especially the tip. That has been my experience. Further, my experience is that the movement of the foreskin is the real prize.

A lot of us wish we were in your shoes, even if it is not as good as you would like. And I think all of us wish we were starting with as much skin as you currently have. If you decide to restore (grow a longer foreskin) you will have an easy time of it compared to what we have to do.

Comment

I could be totally off-base here, but masturbation habits can be responsible for a lack of sensation and/or keratinization.
                      If you masturbate frequently, maybe try cutting back a bit. If you use a tight grip, or if you end up otherwise exposing the glans to a lot of friction (a lot of direct rubbing, or not enough lubricant, for example), problems like what you describe can happen, even to those who have full coverage.

If any of this sounds like it may apply to you, and you want to explore easier options before you begin lengthening your foreskin, switch up your habits and see if things improve. It won't happen quickly, but it will work. Products like a Fleshlight, or similar device, can be used to stop the habit of a tight grip, though you won't get much pleasure from them initially.

Changing up the position in which you do the deed can also be beneficial, if you are accustomed to a set position. A lot of guys don't realize we're shooting ourselves in the foot with our self-pleasure routines.

Comment

So, the prevailing opinion seems to be that the fact that my foreskin doesn't cover the entirety of the glans is to blame, but I'm skeptical of this theory. I've created another gallery to demonstrate what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/8UWJkoH

If you look at pic #1 and note where the border of the foreskin is and then look at pic #2 and compare it with where the border of the discoloration is, you'll notice the keratization affects an area far beyond where the foreskin ends.

Someone mentioned the possibility that air gets inside the foreskin and that's why it the area covered by the foreskin may be affected, but I find this hard to believe, because the foreskin fits so snugly and tightly around the glans, like a wetsuit, seems to me impossible for any air to get inside.

Originally posted by The Metal One View Post
                        I could be totally off-base here, but masturbation habits can be responsible for a lack of sensation and/or keratinization.
                        If you masturbate frequently, maybe try cutting back a bit. If you use a tight grip, or if you end up otherwise exposing the glans to a lot of friction (a lot of direct rubbing, or not enough lubricant, for example), problems like what you describe can happen, even to those who have full coverage.
                        I don't touch the glans when I masturbate, so it can't be any friction, but the tight grip is perhaps a possibility. Are you sure that can cause keratization, tho?

Comment

Tight grip may not actually cause the keratinization, might be something else at play there, but it can make the sensation problem worse. You're essentially training your body to be used to a level of tightness that won't be there during sex/oral. I am cut, and my glans is still keratinized, but changing my habits in this area restored a surprising amount of feeling.
                          So, while it may not 100% take care of the problem, it could definitely lessen the symptom. It just sucks until your body gets used to not having that tightness there, and starts to adjust. I saw some good improvement after a couple weeks, night and day difference after a couple months.

Comment

I want to know about any cream or ointment which we can use in tugging manually or tap method.i want my glans look as uncircumcised guys glans look.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Darkishm View Post
                              I want to know about any cream or ointment which we can use in tugging manually or tap method.i want my glans look as uncircumcised guys glans look.thanks
                              Your own skin covering the glans 24/7 should do the job. Never use soap on the end of the penis again. Never tolerate dry friction to the end of the penis again.

But here's a discussion of topicals that have been studied for their effect on tensile tissue expansion.
                              https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...age2#post21141
                              -Ron Low
                              [email protected]
                              847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
                              X