Smegma management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smegma management

Does semen left in the urethra after a masturbation induced orgasm contribute to smegma?
    View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

The answer is no. Semen left in the urethra feeds the preputial bacteria that produces smegma, but it does not contribute to smegma production per se. Smegma is basically dead skin that comes from the natural exfoliation of the glans and inner skin, as well as the natural oils produced by the inner skin.

If you leave semen under the prepuce, your penis is going to smell quite rancid. You are better off peeing after masturbating, then blotting your meatus after urination. That way you keep the flora of your prepuce in a nice balance, and your foreskin having a nice musky smell.

Comment

Originally posted by hardacroposthion View Post
      The answer is no. Semen left in the urethra feeds the preputial bacteria that produces smegma, but it does not contribute to smegma production per se. Smegma is basically dead skin that comes from the natural exfoliation of the glans and inner skin, as well as the natural oils produced by the inner skin.

If you leave semen under the prepuce, your penis is going to smell quite rancid. You are better off peeing after masturbating, then blotting your meatus after urination. That way you keep the flora of your prepuce in a nice balance, and your foreskin having a nice musky smell.
      1. You have your "preputial bacteria" producing smegma in your first sentence (which is primarily wrong, of course), then in your second sentence you say smegma is "basically dead skin", which of course would be tiny flakes of the tissue itself "producing" smegma, not bacteria (says so in your sentence). Sentence #1 contradicts sentence #2. If want to be accurate, you need to make up your mind here. My suggestion is to stay with the second definition, it's closer to the truth. And as a side question, do you realize how small bacteria are? It just doesn't sound like it.

2.. There are no oil glands in penile mucosa. Just do a little reading on penile histology. So "natural oils".........nope. No oils. "Natural oils" is a perennial restoration forum myth. Been around for a long time, and it's been wrong for just as long. All them histologists, who DO know how small stuff can be 'cause they bring their microscopes and slides with them, aren't wrong.

When you're trying to SOUND accurate and knowledgeable ( like you're living out here where a few of us actually know shit), it helps to BE accurate and knowledgeable ( out here where Science lives, especially if you're trying to use terms from anatomy and biology). And I know, you don't understand what I'm talking about here, but try to, so you don't mislead the OP and all the others who read this thread.

And to address the OP's question, I'll second the usual suggestion: wash your dick. Washing is "management". No magic, no fantasy, no mystery, just a little pH balanced soap and water and you get management of daily health.
      Last edited by Info; 07-11-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

LOL It's been pointed out....for those who appreciate the abridged version:

1. Wrong, AND contradictory.

2. Wrong.

OP, wash your dick.

:)

Comment

Oooooh. Atitude!

Comment

Yes, Info is a glans penis.

Comment

Originally posted by hardacroposthion View Post
              Yes, Info is a glans penis.
              At least you got that term right, in and of itself, but "dick" woulda been the better choice in my case LOL And it's a short sentence, so there wasn't a chance of you contradicting yourself, so good choice there. Overall I'm taking this as progress :)

But I have to ask, why would you just assume you know how to answer the OP's question? Is giving any answer somehow better than giving the right answer? Wouldn't you look for information on the subject first, just to be helpful, or do you think you're infallible, or the membership clueless, and you can get away with saying anything.

Or, was being helpful never your real concern (I suspect this will get my vote). I mean, you're the guy who said he is circumcised, and only had to tug for a year to become completely covered. So are you circumcised, or are you actually intact?

What makes you think you can give an experienced. FIRST HAND answer to a guy who says he's intact, if you are circumcised. And what's more, do it via the misuse of several very basic concepts that you'll get called on sooner or later, and by referring to yet another forum myth that got played out on the old forum.

I'm not trying to show you up here (no need to), I asking these questions seriously. Me, when I don't know, I say "I don't know", and when I'm making a guess I say that; informed guess, or wild guess. If I didn't know a bit about anatomy, physiology, and histology, then I wouldn't go near any of it without researching authoritative texts, NOT forum bullshit. When science has published a study on something pertinent then I try to find it (if I can) and post it.

When parsec answers questions about intact issues (don't know why he didn't here; maybe because the answer is so simple), he's answering from personal experience. When SwingShift answers, he does it (very succinctly) from personal experience, or he doesn't answer at all. Same for me. If I see something I can add to, or in this case correct, then I do it from personal experience.

But you, you've just jumped into the deep end, several times now, without a clue that you have to fill the pool first :). What would motivate anyone to do that. Especially somebody who's claimed a background in the sciences.
              Last edited by Info; 07-11-2016, 03:47 PM.

Comment

At least your name isn't Michael Hunt. I went to school with a kid by that name. WTF were his parents thinking? Roll call was quite humorous. Mike Hunt, where's Mike Hunt!

Comment

Washing with soap messes up the flora balance. I got a nasty smell after I tried washing with Irish Spring.

I pinch the tip of my foreskin shut when I pee and "balloon" to clean out any excess smegma. Urine is sterile. The foreskin is self-cleaning and trying to remove all the oily secretions on the inner foreskin will mess it up.

Comment

Originally posted by evan2017 View Post
                    Washing with soap messes up the flora balance. I got a nasty smell after I tried washing with Irish Spring.

I pinch the tip of my foreskin shut when I pee and "balloon" to clean out any excess smegma. Urine is sterile. The foreskin is self-cleaning and trying to remove all the oily secretions on the inner foreskin will mess it up.
                    Actually, urine is not sterile, it was an old myth that it was but it's been proven not to be. You need to rinse your glans with water to remove the dead skin cells. The bacteria in urine me the penis will not harm you unless you are sick with an sti

Comment

All foreign militaries teach their troops the "pee bomb" field cleaning technique. It works quite well. Done best after drinking lots of water to reduce the uric acid content considerably, NOT your first pee of the day. The U.S. military would just as soon circumcise all intact soldiers, and they DO coerce them very persistently about it. I'd tell them to go get fucked!

Comment

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0409164156.htm

urine sterile?

Comment

No. Urine is not sterile. That's a myth.

Comment

Working...
                          X