Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as a fake frenar band?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is there such a thing as a fake frenar band?

    I realize it can't be replaced and its likely the most sensitive part of a penis but the function of elasticity and how it slides over the glans can maybe? Closest thing I have seen are essentially stickers that go on and add a bit of elasticness to the skin acting a bit like a frenar band in that respect. Had the idea that there might be such a thing as elastic mesh like what they use in plastic surgery to give structure to noses but that could be put under the skin to bond to it and create an elastic band.

  • #2
    So the story goes, a few guys in the distant past apparently had a surgeon run a "purse string" suture around the circumference of their tube edge when they felt they had enough skin to roll down far enough to do this. but it was all anecdotal conversation about it on old forums, so who knows what really happened. Haven't seen anything on that for a long, long time, so I question it.

    I wouldn't do that because nobody has to do that. If you have enough loose skin to double over and roll down that far, then it will stay. What people have to realize is that many intact guys have a loose foreskin end, some of which are short as well; not the tight model that some guys think intact guys all have. You have a thin layer of smooth muscle under your shaft skin, which will contract and hold your temporary skin tube closed and tight against your glans. So do intact guys. That is what happens, but only finished guys know this.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am familiar with the purse string operation there are 2 examples of it at http://www.foreskinrestore.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        I probably should've given the other answer to your title's question then: no, not as far as anyone knows.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just included the link so others could look if they wanted your answer was perfect. Here is a link to the "stickers" called Artifical Frenar Band that I mentioned in the first post
          http://www.dileinsert.com/afb06.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Info, I agree whole heartedly with what you say about growing enough skin and not all intact guys having a tight puckered end. Hell, mine wasn't when I was intact. It wasn't baggy, but it wasn't completely closed up tight. When I was a kid before puberty, yeah, but when things started to grow it opened up a lot.
            If you grow enough skin to have a double layer of outer skin at the end, it will stay in place. But I wonder too if a frenular band could be created by using a band of dartos muscle harvested from the back of your scrotum. It has a very strong dartos. If the dartos could be stripped from a piece of scrotum skin and then inserted into the rollover point thru a small incision and anchored in place with a few stitches it would give the end more dartos muscle and hence stay tighter creating a tight acroposthion. I also wonder if a frenulum could be reconstructed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Info View Post
              So the story goes, a few guys in the distant past apparently had a surgeon run a "purse string" suture around the circumference of their tube edge when they felt they had enough skin to roll down far enough to do this. but it was all anecdotal conversation about it on old forums, so who knows what really happened. Haven't seen anything on that for a long, long time, so I question it.

              I wouldn't do that because nobody has to do that. If you have enough loose skin to double over and roll down that far, then it will stay. What people have to realize is that many intact guys have a loose foreskin end, some of which are short as well; not the tight model that some guys think intact guys all have. You have a thin layer of smooth muscle under your shaft skin, which will contract and hold your temporary skin tube closed and tight against your glans. So do intact guys. That is what happens, but only finished guys know this.
              Actually, you're not quite correct. Yes, the Frenar Band does work to keep some form of an orifice at the end of the Prepuce. But it's neither the Frenar Band nor the smooth muscle under the skin that has anything to do with the apparent tightness of the foreskin when retracted and pulled up. The structure you really should be looking at is the Frenulum. Just like between both lips and teeth, probably the most visible sign that a man is intact is the presence of a Frenulum and as part of that, the Frenular Delta. The delta is located directly below the Urinary Meatus (piss hole), right where the underside of the head appears to split and move away from each other. That whole wedge of split in the head starting at the hole is the spot where the Frenular Delta would be. From that delta there spreads a piece of webbed skin that continues that split and attaches directly to the inner foreskin. It's this webbing that holds the foreskin up over the head and keeps it there, and also what creates the resistance of the foreskin against the head when you retract the foreskin (after natural separation) and what creates that lip of foreskin that goes around the shaft when fully retracted. Some men who are cut still have some part of the Frenulum, but never have the Frenular Delta. If the foreskin is equivalent to the Clitoral Hood, and the Penis Head (Glans Penis) is equivalent to the Clitoral structure, then the Delta is equivalent to the nerve cluster that makes the Clitoris so sensitive. I have read an article, among the many that he wrote, on the structure of the Frenulum, the Frenular Delta, and why they are so important, as well as a surgical technique to reconstruct one on cut men. He derived the technique from Dental Surgery (He's a Dentist), hence my reference to the Frenuli in your mouth. His name is Richard Matteoli, DDS (or DMD) and his articles are on Academia.com or edu.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                No, I'm not "not quite correct". Not for the purposes of the OP's titular question, and not from the standpoint of actual practice. Here's why:

                1. I gave a longer answer, which included past anecdotal reports of an apparent ACTUAL surgical procedure, and my answer also included the ACTUAL result regarding the dartos sheath found below shaft skin and it's ACTUAL effect that finished guys experience every day of the week. Nobody needs a frenulum in our case because of the reason I cited.

                2. If you want to, you can do the minimal research involved, and discover that anatomists are far from agreement on what any functional purpose of the penile frenulum ACTUALLY is, other than the obvious joining of two planes of tissue commonly found in various areas of the body. Buncha argument involved, in other words. They're the experts, not you, or me, or some dentist somewhere. Your second link (think it was the second link) admits that penile structure vs function is still under investigation. That's the nice way of backing away from conclusive statements which aren't backed by science.

                3. Bringing the frenular delta into this has no relevance to this discussion, to the OP's question, or the purpose of the actual frenulum, so I'm not sure why you included it (see #5).

                4. From what I can tell from the link you provided, this dentist is discussing a theoretical procedure, NOT anything actually performed, so it doesn't even have what anecdote/forum lore bring to the discussion. So ...if you'll notice, my second, shorter answer covers this. And I have to ask, scar tissue and the damage from surgery aside, would anyone want a dentist doing a theoretical surgery on his penis? I know what my answer is. And here's the really scary thing for me, he also uses the word "stretch", as stretching tissue rather than expanding tissue. Apparently he isn't even aware of the basics of skin expansion. Sounds entirely unprofessional in language alone. I'd not only decline, I'd run.

                5. The rest of what you provided is fairly common knowledge on restoration forums (not to mention the apparent height of Foregen's efforts so far, ie their amazing giant foreskin model ), and also has no relevance to the OP's question, not the least because he already acknowledged that no sensitivity would be gained.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                  Info, I agree whole heartedly with what you say about growing enough skin and not all intact guys having a tight puckered end. Hell, mine wasn't when I was intact. It wasn't baggy, but it wasn't completely closed up tight. When I was a kid before puberty, yeah, but when things started to grow it opened up a lot.
                  If you grow enough skin to have a double layer of outer skin at the end, it will stay in place. But I wonder too if a frenular band could be created by using a band of dartos muscle harvested from the back of your scrotum. It has a very strong dartos. If the dartos could be stripped from a piece of scrotum skin and then inserted into the rollover point thru a small incision and anchored in place with a few stitches it would give the end more dartos muscle and hence stay tighter creating a tight acroposthion. I also wonder if a frenulum could be reconstructed.
                  Of course it's an interesting idea but what it essentially describes is something akin to tissue regeneration, because it implies having the technique(s) to cause not only a functional, non scarring bonding of tissues, aka cell seeding of a matrix which would be implanted in addition to the in situ dartos muscle, it also implies returned function. The problem with smooth muscle is, it's involuntary, so you'd have to tie in the autonomic nervous system. Be a big surprise to me to hear than anybody's done that thus far. Atala ain't talkin' about anything quite like this, and of course Foregen..................well, you know.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh yeah, I forgot about the autonomic nervous system. That is a hurdle that Foregen will have to address.......IF they ever get their shit together.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Does anybody know if a doctor can graft skin from somewhere and stitch it to your restored skin for more overhang

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by King1804 View Post
                        Does anybody know if a doctor can graft skin from somewhere and stitch it to your restored skin for more overhang
                        1. Tugging will do that. No surgery needed. This means it will be penile skin, not some other "skin". Takes time but it will be the best tissue in the right location.

                        2. Scrotal skin (from your scrotum) is the same kind of skin. No other place on your body has quite the same layers that penile skin and scrotal have. But scrotal skin has one of the layers closer to the surface, so it looks different.

                        3. Attaching a different looking skin at the end would be look strange. You would see a noticeable difference between your penis and the sewn-on other skin.

                        4. Surgery brings risks; you would run those risks, some of which would be infection, and the risk of the graft not taking (refusing to grow together with the penile skin), and perhaps some areas of numbness.

                        5. Very, very few of us would want our penis within 30 city blocks or a scalpel, no matter what it might do in promised result.

                        6. Tug. It will bring what everybody wants.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What about the purse string suture to tighten it to stay over glans? There is no cutting just stitches around the foreskin to prevent skin from retracting

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was thinking about the frenar band again a couple days ago and right after seeing a silicone implant for penis enlargement (these are gross btw). I had the idea of using a silicone mesh that is covered in a disolvable material that prevents it from retracting for a few weeks while it bonds to the skin in a similar fashion as the suture of a purse string operation. After its disolved the silicone is free to contract and would mimic the elasticity of a frenar band and frenar delta.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maybe it would work who knows all I want to do is to tighten the skin I have little kids now and tugging I don't have time for

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X