Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality
    replied
    Think about the cost as a hospital proceedure because that's where it would happen (when it exists). So you will be paying for the "kit" (whatever that may be; it doesn't exist yet), and you would pay for a surgeon, an anesthesiologist, attending staff, and all the other materials, staff, and surgical areas involved (recovery, etc). But don't worry, that "kit" won't exist in the USA because it will have to be invented, and approved, and trialed by some teaching hospital (so add travel expenses to the total thus far), and because none of this exists, and the approval time frame from our governmental agency is something like a minimum of 10 years in this country, with no guarantee of approval. So don't hold your breath, and do spend you money on something that will improve your life.....and..........keep on tugging. Tugging will give you real skin, from your own tissues, with no surgery or "scaffolding/stem cell harvesting", needed, etc.

Leave a comment:

• restored121
    replied
    Mitchell7 yeah that’s true but still not waiting that long...I guess if they do finish earlier than expected I will purchase it; cost is another problem as well - they’re already charging $1000 for a HUFO (HUman FOreskin) sculpture. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-missing-piece

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell7
    replied
    That skin is not a foreskin though, that is literally just skin.

Leave a comment:

• restored121
    replied
    By the time foregen finally decides to start smh...all of the guys who are currently restoring like myself would have already grown enough skin lol

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell7
    replied
    They posted their first peer reviewed study on the decellularization of the foreskin a few months ago. They are the first organization to ever do this. Funding still remains their biggest obstacle even though it more than doubled after they published their study. Also finding enough adult foreskins for their research. Beyond that i see no reason why they could not be succesful. They are not attempting to regrow entire limbs or somethimg more challenging in that regard. Having been around for awhile it seems to me that some people do not want them to succeed. I am not in a position to describe why that may be.

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    For this to be effective, they would need the backing of the entire medical community: testing, researching, experimenting, performing surgeries...

Have they even been acknowledged as of yet?

I'm with the negative Nancy crowd on this one... Save your cash and buy another device to try out.

Leave a comment:

• resto-mod
    replied
    I got in an argument with the intactivist that I work with and he was feeding me this line of bs that we won't have to worry about rejecting new foreskins because some new technology is making it so you can grow new body parts with your own stem cells and blah blah blah. I told him he can keep waiting on that meanwhile I will have been restored and enjoying it. I also told him that there isn't even a shred of evidence that any of this can be done and he just keeps telling me that it will happen soon but whatever I have no faith that Foregen will make any procedure to acquire a new foreskin in my lifetime and hopefully foregen won't be needed once they do develop it because by then I hope parents have the sense not to cut part of their child's penis off.

Contributing to the main topic though it would make Foregen seem like less of a scam if they would put out more updates or any physical evidence that they are using all this donated money to put into research and skin regeneration.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell7
    replied
    What other company is that? It seems foregen had improved lately

Leave a comment:

• slickskin
    replied
    Originally posted by Info

All that is needed is to look at what they've actually produced so far, and by "actually" I mean anything tangible, real, something you can hold in your hand. What would that be? Nothing, unless you think a plastic model of a foreskin, and a few videos, are important. Everything else "produced" is just words, text, hype, promises. But real? Hardly; in all the years they've been promising, and changing their hats.

If you have some sort of background in science, then all you have to do is compare their hype to what is actually published about current tissue regeneration, which is, as we speak, completely experimental. And if you have a background in what is needed to bring something tangible from the experimental stage, to something that can be held in hand by the general public, then you know that nobody, nowhere, especially Foregen in Italy, is anywhere close to even the basics in this process.

Are they scammers? You don't have to go that far. Just based on their hype, they don't seem to know what the basics are, and they never, never mention the real world aspects of any of this, and they even get some of the basic terminology on their website wrong. The average person would back away from that. If somebody promises something, and asks you for money, and then they don't produce what was promised, then I suppose from the donator's perspective, it was a scam. So, time will tell.
    I admit that I am starting to get suspicious despite how I would always mention Foregen when talking to other restorers and friends to try and spread interest. Well, I guess at least there is still tugging until we know for sure or can get a real regeneration movement going.

Leave a comment:

• Smertrios
    replied
    Forgen has said again they are going public and I assume that means public as a company but this time they put the year 2017 to it

Leave a comment:

• slickskin
    replied
    Originally posted by leo View Post
    I think foregen are just scammers. Too bad but it's true.
    This never occurred to me, but it does make me wonder. It would be absolutely disgusting if they profited off of giving men false hope. I'm not accusing them of that, but they need to get moving and do more to show what progress they are making if they are making any.

Leave a comment:

• slickskin
    replied
    What I'm surprised by is how there isn't more being done all around to pursue foreskin regeneration. Are people just not aware how in demand this is and how badly hundreds of thousands if not millions of men want it? More investors and organizations should get involved so that Foregen has the resources they need, or so new groups can start pioneering so we don't have to rely on Foregen alone to make our dream come true.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by leo View Post
    I think foregen are just scammers. Too bad but it's true.
    I thought that, but have been reported on by mainstream news sources, which means they might be legit.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mitchell7 View Post
    Every time Foregen has a taken a few steps forward they have immediately fallen back to the old ways of slow or no updates, poor communication, and failure to follow through with new ideas. All of this is disastrous to their fundraising efforts and plays a huge part in dissuading people from contributing. How is it that a few even tiny mobile games have been able to make more money in months then Foregen has made in years? This organization is on the verge of capitulation as a result not solely of their very limited progress toward foreskin regeneration, but most importantly their failure to implement almost any of the countless ways they could make or raise more funds that have been proposed to them. All of this is frustrating to their supporters and it is time for a change.

Post any ideas you have on how to improve Foregen here.
    Found another company to work on foreskin regeneration. The competition will force them to do better.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Like I said. HOPE.

Thats all that matters. Taking the procedure is a whole different matter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X