Retaining pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaining pain?

Hey guys! I've been tugging with a tlc tugger for about 4 months now. I have enough skin to pull through an O ring to retain, but I can't keep it on all night and day like many sites recommend, cause after a couple hours it gets this unbearable itchiness/pain, and I have to take it off in the middle of the night. I've tried using the cone from my tlc tugger to retain instead, but I can never get the skin to stay completely over the glans long enough to slip the cone on. Plus the cone slides right off as soon as I move in the bed. The O rings stay on great, but I just can't keep them on that long. Does anybody have a similar issue with the O rings? If so, what do you do for it to retain as much as people say you need to?

Don't even bother retaining until you have enough skin to do so easily and comfortably. Retaining does nothing for growth, it only helps to dekeratinize your mucousa which is something you DO NOT want if you don't have reliable coverage because it will be VERY sensitive and quite uncomfortable. People don't realize just how much skin is needed. It's A LOT! The size of a 3x5 index card....at a minimum! Just keep tugging. You'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
      Don't even bother retaining until you have enough skin to do so easily and comfortably. Retaining does nothing for growth, it only helps to dekeratinize your mucousa which is something you DO NOT want if you don't have reliable coverage because it will be VERY sensitive and quite uncomfortable. People don't realize just how much skin is needed. It's A LOT! The size of a 3x5 index card....at a minimum! Just keep tugging. You'll get there.
      I disagree, I think retaining helps with growth if it's putting a little tension on the skin. Also, I'd rather start the dekeratinazation process sooner than later. I don't see why I should be exposed a moment longer than needed.

All that being said I can't restore at night so I start from square 1 daily.
      Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

Nope. It doesn't help with growth. Not enough tension and as you gain skin what little tension is reduced even more. And as far as dekeratinization goes, you definitely want protection. Try sticking your finger in your eye and you'll know what I mean. Well, it's not quite that bad, but you get my drift.

Comment

I agree with Info, with one caveat. If retaining for long periods of time, it is conceivable that erections, or even partial erections, could put enough tension on the skin to trigger cells, and thus cause growth. We do not know what the minimum time needed for triggering is, however, manual tuggers seem to show it is probably quite a short amount of time, probably well within the time an erection could last.

I will also point out that some have suggested that the more important part of this is not the cell division so much as triggering the cells to stay in the basal layer and contribute to the skin size, rather than working their way up to the outer layers and eventually sloughing off.

They often further hypothesize that leaving the skin in the retained position might further aid this "staying in the basal layer" process. I have no evidence or information that this is true, in fact my experience argues against it, yet it is an interesting thought, and worth exploring more if we have any information that helps us do so.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Info

As always we have to define terms first, but if you notice, you've said that you think "putting a little (my emph.) tension on the skin" does the same as putting more tension. Logically that doesn't stand. There is a range of tension that stimulates the skin to respond, sure, but if your "little" is below that range, and is truly little, then nothin' happens. That's the way the process works. Tension only starts the show; skin is the show, and if it didn't hear the cue..........

If you retain with an amount of tension at, or only slightly below, tugging tension, then really by definition you're still tugging, not retaining, and no retainer I know of actually tugs. They aren't pullers, they're keepers. Retainers just keep loose skin from rolling back. And as parsec says, your skin is designed to temporarily stretch, and relax, so there goes any tension, basically gets smothered/wiped out as a stimulus.

Okay but for some people "progress" is more than just skin.

Progress to me is the look, feel, and sensation returned by restoration. If the skin is held over the glans while retaining, this is helping to achieve the restoration goals, no?
            Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

....and again I love the retaining debate.
              What works for some may not work for others.
              If something causes you pain modify it unless you have to eliminate it altogether. Try everything in moderation with patience in a safe manner. There isn't a single person here who has not found various degrees of progress with varying degrees of modalities and methods, combined, altered, modified, and overall made efficient and effective for the practitioner. No one thing will be a magic bullet and there are some things that work much better than others. What is important: routine and regularity. Good luck to you in your personal growth.
              Listen to your body. Do what works for you. Best of health! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Info

Not true. Tension, applied in cycles, as a stimulus for skin to grow, works. Nothing else works for us. Tension causes your skin to respond internally, by growing more of itself according to it's natural plan of defense. That's it. That's all. Any potentially effective "modification" is with changing out methods, or changing schedules. All the rest is magical thinking.

And there's no debate about retaining. Just a few guys who know the truth, and more guys who don't know what the F they're talking about, but really like magical thinking. Simple, really.
                I enjoy how candid and passionate you are about the things you know. It shows how you truly feel. Your honesty is unflinching, unadulterated, and unapologetic. This is the reason that folks come here. Thank you for sharing.
                Listen to your body. Do what works for you. Best of health! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X