Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaining cone became cloudy - less grip

Hello all,

I have a few TLC retaining cones that I use to stay covered up when not tugging. I've been using them for about a year now. I wash them regularly, but I've noticed they have been getting cloudy and less transparent slowly over time. They are much less tacky and grippy like this. A bit of the grippiness comes back after a wash in warm water, but it's not like new. I have ordered some new ones and they work great, but it would be great to continue using my old ones too.

My question is: Any suggestions on how to bring the old cones back into better gripping condition? Can I wash them with something specific? Alcohol wipes? Maybe Acetone cleaner? I don't want to use anything that will ruin the Silicone. All tips appreciated!

I have an idea what's going on here, but if it's Ron's product then it's Ron's domain. If he doesn't see this, then PM him.

Comment

Very common. CLEAN IT WITH DISH SOAP AND HOT WATER! Do this daily. I've got one that has been used A LOT. when it gets like that I clean it and it grips like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
        I have an idea what's going on here, but if it's Ron's product then it's Ron's domain. If he doesn't see this, then PM him.
        Please, I would indeed appreciate hearing anything you might know about cured platinum-catalyzed RTV silicone degrading over time, or attracting and incorporating stuff out of the environment.

TLC Tugger's silicone devices carry a full-year warranty. We recommend cleaning with plain soap and a soft toothbrush.
        -Ron Low
        Service@TLCTugger.com
        847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I've noticed mine becoming slightly cloudy at the top of the cone, I've only had it a few months now. Since the cloudy part is at the top of the cone it doesn't seem to hurt anything because my skin isn't gripped there. By the way I've washed my tugger in soapy water, wiped it with iso alcohol and have used antibacterial sex toy cleaner for platinum cure toys and it doesn't seem to go away but i'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Please, I would indeed appreciate hearing anything you might know about cured platinum-catalyzed RTV silicone degrading over time, or attracting and incorporating stuff out of the environment.

TLC Tugger's silicone devices carry a full-year warranty. We recommend cleaning with plain soap and a soft toothbrush.
            Silicone is known to absorb bio proteins. Is this happening with the OP? Maybe. Maybe even probably. Do I know for a fact? No.

But silicone consumer items (however they are stabilized) have this tendency. Examples: baby pacifiers, bottle nipples, contact lenses. And now.........maybe.........retaining cones. Doesn't matter how you clean it (including boiling water), this phenomenon commonly happens.

Comment

As far as grippiness goes, maswell, do whatever you think will bring that back. Cleaning more often sounds right, or, if you want something that might last a bit longer, a touch-up with fine sandpaper, or blot the skin-contact surface with adhesive from tape meant for contact with skin. Just remember, nothing lasts forever, so you have to get inventive; restoration is a do-what-works kinda thing. A guy on the old forum used to say that inventiveness is one of the first things restored in tugging.

Comment

Working...
              X