Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does retaining influence the shape of the new skin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does retaining influence the shape of the new skin?

I've pondered this for quite a while, and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I know that it is impossible to "train" existing skin to stay in place, but it seems like it would be possible to "mold" new skin to fit a desired shape. When cells divide, they do not grow in any specific direction. The skin simply expands at the tension site and happen to cover the shaft of the penis and form a tube because that is where they sit. If one were to tug at the very "tip" of the tube and place that area under a slim conical or cylindrical mold, it seems logical that new cells would be tightly constrained, and the newly grown skin would have no choice but to fit the shape of its container and eventually develop a tighter pucker. This is just some hypothesis I've been thinking about for a while, and I don't currently have enough coverage to regularly retain and test this out. Any thoughts?

No. It doesn't. In fact don't even bother retaining until you have enough skin to do so easily with an O-ring. It will be very uncomfortable de keratinized and exposed with no protection. Kind of like sticking your finger in your eye.

Comment

Nope retaining won't shape the skin tube, but if wearing a device that fits well will avoid "over-stretching" your growing foreskin and having it be a little more loose than necessary. I will sometimes get out of the shower and I can see my new prepuce start to pucker when I'm super turtled and I'm don't even have full flaccid coverage yet. The muscles in the foreskin will help it taper, not always as good as an intact foreskin but it will help nonetheless.

Comment

Oh boy! Reality's gonna freak out! Again.

Comment

Originally posted by reenigne95 View Post
          I've pondered this for quite a while, and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I know that it is impossible to "train" existing skin to stay in place, but it seems like it would be possible to "mold" new skin to fit a desired shape. When cells divide, they do not grow in any specific direction. The skin simply expands at the tension site and happen to cover the shaft of the penis and form a tube because that is where they sit. If one were to tug at the very "tip" of the tube and place that area under a slim conical or cylindrical mold, it seems logical that new cells would be tightly constrained, and the newly grown skin would have no choice but to fit the shape of its container and eventually develop a tighter pucker. This is just some hypothesis I've been thinking about for a while, and I don't currently have enough coverage to regularly retain and test this out. Any thoughts?
          We see body parts conforming to the shape of constraints all over the place. I'm not aware of any effort to quantify the degree of restraint needed (amount of stress, hours per day) to see this effect. But sure, it makes sense.
          -Ron Low
          Service@TLCTugger.com
          847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Here's a picture to give a visual idea of what I'm talking about.

The red area represents tissue that has been tugged on, which is ideally the very foremost portion of the skin tube. Since this is merely a cross section, this area is a ring that completely surrounds the glans. During the resting period, new cells would form in that red ring, and due to the conical shape of the glans and retaining cone, the new growth would form a ring that is slightly smaller in radius than the previous foremost part of the skin tube. The main purpose of wanting to reduce the radius is not to cause phimosis, but to make the skin require more stretch to retract behind the glans. Again, this is all just a hypothesis. If skin growth does not work like this, I'd like an explanation as to why, and understand what's happening "under the hood" so to speak.

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
            Oh boy! Reality's gonna freak out! Again.
            So what? I welcome his input, also.

Comment

Originally posted by reenigne95 View Post
              The red area represents tissue that has been tugged on
              I think for most of us, all the skin tube gets tugged on, and so all will expand. And part of solving this comes from the recognition that even non-tuggers experience cell-divisions at a "background" rate. Tugging increases the arrival rate of new cells so it exceeds the loss rate from surface cells sloughing off.
              -Ron Low
              Service@TLCTugger.com
              847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
              X