Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions about using Transparent tape for retaining

Hello everyone
    My first post here so a brief summary of my situation - I am NOT circumcised yet am part of the same club! My foreskin always remains retracted and as a result the penis glans is completely keratinized. It has been for years till about 4 years ago I decided to keep it covered by using transparent tape. Not the best method but pretty easy to do. I found a tape that has perfect adhesiveness, not too strong, not too soft. I don't use cross tape method, just simple u shaped patch. It works fine mostly as I have desk job so even when i have to pee, i can easily take off half part of tape and then slap it back on when done. If adhesive becomes useless, i simply use a new 2 inch patch.
    I have not seen anyone using something like this.
    1. is there any particular problem pr drawback that most people don't seem to be using it?
    2. Which other method do you think can work equally great for someone who has an office job and therefore requires removing and putting on the retaining mechanism in office urinal? (i would hate to use toilet cubicle for peeing)

Various tapes have been used for retaining, so nothing new. other things used for retaining include O-rings, premature baby socks, condoms, string, and there are even commercially available sleeves to retain. I do not think there is any drawback for your purposes, and I would not expect you to "see many people using it" because retaining is easy, so there is not a lot of discussion about it typically. And the discussions usually center on whether to retain or not, not what is easy to use for it. If you are wondering about that particular tape, tell us what it is, otherwise it is just a clear tape, too generic to comment on.

Some people can retain with just tight underwear, so that would be another option you might consider. Some have used athletic tape, like KT tape which has some stretchiness, so can be left on while peeing. You just have to consider what yo are trying to achieve, then experiment to see what will work for you. For example, if your objective is to not have to use anything, or have anything to take off, when you pee, then you might consider restoring to grow enough skin that you stay covered without any retainer.

Regards

Comment

The only possible drawback is that it won't create enough tension to grow more skin. That's why you might only see us restorers talking about it in the very early stages, if we're starting out with tight skin on the penis from being circumcised. This was my situation in the beginning. Once there was enough loose skin to create some slack, I switched to a different method.

You can actually use your own two hands for tugging. If you can spare maybe 20 minutes a day, either before or after work (or even during breaks while using the restroom), you can eventually grow enough skin to provide a permanent covering.

Or if you meant you're looking for a tapeless method of retaining, the owner of this site manufactures a simple silicone device he calls the Your-Skin-Cone. There's a description here, along with photos of how it's used (if you don't mind looking at a few dick pics): https://tlctugger.com/your-skin-cone/

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
        The only possible drawback is that it won't create enough tension to grow more skin. That's why you might only see us restorers talking about it in the very early stages, if we're starting out with tight skin on the penis from being circumcised. This was my situation in the beginning. Once there was enough loose skin to create some slack, I switched to a different method.

You can actually use your own two hands for tugging. If you can spare maybe 20 minutes a day, either before or after work (or even during breaks while using the restroom), you can eventually grow enough skin to provide a permanent covering.

Or if you meant you're looking for a tapeless method of retaining, the owner of this site manufactures a simple silicone device he calls the Your-Skin-Cone. There's a description here, along with photos of how it's used (if you don't mind looking at a few dick pics): https://tlctugger.com/your-skin-cone/
        z726 - Thank you very much for replying. True, I am just retaining and don't expect restoration. Your suggestion about 20 mins daily routine is accepted with much gratitude, I will give it a try.
        I like the idea of using a cone but am worried about few things
        1. It might be visible when i am sitting in public places (buses, trains) as I have big testes.
        2. it might fall off when I am walking....now that is not going to be fun LOL
        3. Penis wiggling out of it when too relaxed.
        Has anyone here got any input for the above mentioned points?

Comment

Working...
        X