Overnight cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight cover

What methods do people use for overnight cover to protect the head/under skin? I like the TLC retaining cone in the day, but I'm apprehensive about wearing that at night due to nocturnal erections.

Until you're at least a CI 4 don't even bother retaining just for that reason. If you ARE a CI 4 or more, no worries. I am not quite a CI 4 yet, close but not a full 4, and I sometimes use my regular TLC tugger as a retainer and tug with my X model. Haven't had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunism View Post
      What methods do people use for overnight cover to protect the head/under skin? I like the TLC retaining cone in the day, but I'm apprehensive about wearing that at night due to nocturnal erections.
      I wore it to bed from the first day I had one.

If you're thinking of retaining in bed, the means really isn't the issue. DO YOU have enough slack so you can sustain a nocturnal erection with the skin over the glans?

No need for guesswork. Apply the device, Get erect. Flop around on a bed. Consider worst-case outcomes.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Never used devices to restore; only manual methods, and o-rings to retain. I started retaining during the daytime when I reached a CI-4. Once I reached I CI-5+, I started experimenting with having erections while wearing the o-ring. This is what I call an "erection test". Once a week I tried to have an erection with the ring on, and see how long it would take for it to be pushed off my the erection. I noticed that the ring was taking longer and longer to come off, until the day it stayed put, and I could not get any harder. I waited another 3 weeks to make sure the ring would stay put regardless, then I started wearing the ring at night. The first week the ring might or might not stay put, but eventually it would not come off. Ever since then I've been wearing rings 24/7.

My advice to you; wait until you have enough skin to wear a retainer at night. Once you can do so, your nocturnal erections will do the tugging for you while you sleep. I would not wear a retainer at night unless you pass the erection test with the retainer on.

Comment

Or .........if you want to begin with the easiest method, used bandaids in the classic cross pattern.

Use the cheap plastic type, one covering dorsal and ventral surfaces, and one covering lateral R and L. Thing about everybody's penis is, it's squeezy, easily manipulated, it will retract, and deform, so you can use flexible bandaids to experiment with, and continue on with them if you choose. Nobody's penis is solid, yet for some reason this is the assumption when people talk about it. Your penis is a series of tissues, not a fully stuffed sausage, so you won't need need "enough skin" because you already have that in the flaccid state.

With an erection during sleep (you actually have a number of them during the night) the bandaids will flex, stretch a bit (partly by coming partially unstuck), and still maintain coverage, or, if your penis stays erect and you change body position, it will come undone completely, thereby protecting the outside chance of harmful compression.

Know how I know? I used them for years. Had to change them occasionally during the day on canister-day-off days (usually put only one new one on), but this was pretty seldom. If you have to urinate, they will usually re stick to your skin. They're an option.

Comment

The retaining cone is comfortable to wear at night and I had no issues with it coming off during nocturnal erections.

Comment

I use the DTR retainer. It helped me get some slack skin when I first starting using the DTR. I still use it overnight. Nocturnal erections help with the restoration.

Comment

Working...
              X