Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Members Group

Hi all,

As I have browsed the forums I have not found a "Young Members Page". I think this would be very beneficial to share our progress and methods or even just talk. I would suggest the group be for ages 18 - 29. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

You did ask for input:

Your age range sounds appropriate. But the obvious downside is that "young members" are most likely NOT guys who are restoration veterans, and may not even be tugging at all. So if you want to ask questions (and questions about restoration are one of the primary reasons for membership on this forum), and you want real, experienced answers, then you'd be asking guys who have an opinion based on what they "heard" or "read", or, based on what they just made up because they have a keyboard. (We have at least a couple of those here, and I'm sure they'd love to join a group like this).

Interesting: you've presented an issue that has been the perennial challenge for restoration forums. Is it important at all to consider fact and accuracy, or is a forum just for interaction only, as long as there isn't any contention, with questions and answers only an excuse to start that interaction. In other words, you'd be able to say anything you want, make any claim, suggest any action, offer anything as "fact", without hearing any counterpoint or caution. You can tell which side of the issue I'm on : ) It appears that the admin(s) are on your side of the issue. So....I think you're in luck.
    Last edited by Info; 06-16-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
      You did ask for input:

Your age range sounds appropriate. But the obvious downside is that "young members" are most likely NOT guys who are restoration veterans, and may not even be tugging at all. So if you want to ask questions (and questions about restoration are one of the primary reasons for membership on this forum), and you want real, experienced answers, then you'd be asking guys who have an opinion based on what they "heard" or "read", or, based on what they just made up because they have a keyboard. (We have at least a couple of those here, and I'm sure they'd love to join a group like this).

Interesting: you've presented an issue that has been the perennial challenge for restoration forums. Is it important at all to consider fact and accuracy, or is a forum just for interaction only, as long as there isn't any contention, with questions and answers only an excuse to start that interaction. In other words, you'd be able to say anything you want, make any claim, suggest any action, offer anything as "fact", without hearing any counterpoint or caution. You can tell which side of the issue I'm on : ) It appears that the admin(s) are on your side of the issue. So....I think you're in luck.
      Some of these points you've brought up could be re-worked into a Pinned Item as the introduction to such a section. I started restoring my foreskin at age 14. I would have loved to have been able to just talk about life to other teens doing the same and not just about foreskin restoration but other interests, career aspirations, etc.
      View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

Comment

Well, it's up to Ron, of course, it's his website. I've stated in the past why I think there should be an age requirement (at least 18). This issue is one reason why, and it's not the most concerning. There are other obvious reasons, examples being sexual predation, fraud, and just the usual potentially harmful "suggestions" from malicious trolls . And I know that anyone can say they are any age, and be something very different. But that's the point. To state that you are a particular age, and then try to cause harm, is an additional count when otherwise it might be hard to prove intent. Just sayin', and just thinking ahead. Otherwise, there are a ton of social media sites which would serve to separate what you describe, from anything having to do with restoration or intactivism.

Comment

Working...
        X