Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat box

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would like the idea of having some kind of chat box integrated into the forum here? I don’t know if such plugins would readily be available, but I would imagine they are as I remember installing some on a message board about 10 years back.

I took the liberty of adding a poll to see what other people here would think about it

I can imagine that some people might not be open for this, but at the same time it could be very useful for those that like to have some online meetings with fellow restorers and we could even have some scheduled times to try and meet up.

curious to hear how you guys feel about this idea...
    Yes please!
    63.64%
    No thanks
    0%
    Don’t really care
    36.36%
    My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

It's not a bad idea by any means, but could you elaborate on how it would be substantially better than the private message system we currently have? I've enjoyed a lot of good conversations over PMs. The only difference I can discern between PMs and a chatbox is that a chatbox would be more "real-time", displaying received messages instantly and perhaps allowing you to see whether the other user is typing.

Comment

Well with private messages you’re talking to just one user, in a chat box you could discuss with more people simultaneously and you could schedule times to meet up. I can see some potential benefits compared to the messaging system we have, which I also use of course

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Originally posted by BelgianChris View Post
        Well with private messages you’re talking to just one user, in a chat box you could discuss with more people simultaneously and you could schedule times to meet up. I can see some potential benefits compared to the messaging system we have, which I also use of course
        Ah, that makes sense... although we can already PM multiple users at once. But I agree that PMs get pretty cumbersome when there are multiple people involved-- it requires a fair amount of refreshing the page.

My vote was "Don't really care", but if I could, I might change it to "Yes please!" I think our PM system works fine, but a chatbox would be more user-friendly.

Comment

If we would ever implement something with scheduled chat sessions we could also post those once they’re done so the discussion could continue on the message board and people that missed it can still check who was there and what was discussed.

I would not not assume this would replace PMs, as I often use those too when discussing things in more detail with specific users

Comment

Working...
          X