Nutrition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition

Hello Ron. Is there a section regarding NUTRITION? There's a lot of talk about techniques, hours of tugging, and devices...which are all important. But I've found "nutrition" to be an EXTRA important aspect of restoring...as it usually is with almost every bodily function. I've been drinking 1 glass (16oz) of organic green juice daily and eating a lot of fresh organic fruits/vegetables...along with other common wholesome foods. Doing this for a few years now...and since I started restoring again about 9 months ago I've been experiencing steady growth every single week (1 millimeter)---while ONLY TUGGING 2 HOURS / 1 to 2 DAYS PER WEEK.

I don't disagree about the nutrition aspect helping things along. The body uses nutrients to replenish, build, and restore itself. Along with regular exercise, proper hydration with water, and a pretty decent diet I sometimes supplement with other vitamins and minerals. For instance I use iron and zinc for the whole blood transport chain, and I will add vitamin E and Biotin as well. Everything plays a part and it all has to be balanced. After the science comes the art...

Forgot to add the irony...
    Next week I will begin my first juicing. Nothing crazy, one solid meal somewhere during the day on my busiest/workout days. Juice for every other meal. Just this last weekend I began intermittent fasting and it wasn't as bad as people make it seem.
    Last edited by blackazz1981; 04-06-2018, 09:15 PM. Reason: Diet change*
    Listen to your body. Do what works for you. Best of health! Good luck!

Comment

For nutrition, put emphasis on hydrating yourself through fruit juices that are:

* fresh (drink the juice within 12 hours)
      * cold-pressed (never heated, not even pasteurized of any kind)
      * ripe fruits (as ripe as possible before going bad)

Drink as much as 1 gallon total per day. Seriously. There’s no such thing as over-hydration through fruit juices as long as you are able to listen to what your body says about whether or not you want to drink the juice. Follow my progress gallery—I am attributing my rapid improvement to my knowledge and application of hydration.

Comment

Originally posted by sorefkin View Post
        Drink as much as 1 gallon total per day. Seriously.
        Considering the high sugar content of most fruit juices, this might actually be a bad idea.

Comment

I don't think nutrition should have its own subsection of this website because I don't believe that we require (or benefit from) anything outside of normal, healthy nutrition.

Though from what I've seen, a lot of us here do need to go read up on what constitutes a healthy diet.

Comment

“High sugar content” — you mean “high fructose content”. Huge difference. “Bad idea”, eh? Then enjoy thinking you understand hydration and enjoy your mediocre, slow progress

Comment

“High sugar content” — you mean “high fructose content”. Huge difference. “Bad idea”, eh? Then enjoy thinking you understand hydration and enjoy your mediocre, slow progress
              No, there isn't a huge difference. For all intents and purposes, fructose IS sugar.

There is a stunning amount of inaccurate, incorrect. and just plain fraudulent nutritional advice floating around on the internet. I would recommend against creating a section for it on this site.

Comment

Caveman say: Whole foods good, processed bad. Pure water good, city water bad, too much sugar bad. Plenty sleep good. All you need.

Comment

Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post

No, there isn't a huge difference. For all intents and purposes, fructose IS sugar.

There is a stunning amount of inaccurate, incorrect. and just plain fraudulent nutritional advice floating around on the internet. I would recommend against creating a section for it on this site.
                    I assure you, I do understand this, and it is not you who are introducing me to any new information. It is I who is introducing you to new information.

I'll repeat what I said because it is invaluable to anyone looking to restore rapidly:

Hydrate yourself with the juice of ripe fruits. You cannot get water any better structured for hydration.
                    Last edited by sorefkin; 11-26-2018, 01:31 AM. Reason: grammar :)

Comment

I assure you, I do understand this, and it is not you who are introducing me to any new information. It is I who is introducing you to new information.

I'll repeat what I said because it is invaluable to anyone looking to restore rapidly:

Hydrate yourself with the juice of ripe fruits. You cannot get water any better structured for hydration.
                      Not to play devil's advocate, but if you are going to make claims about what is good, and share new information you believe to be correct, why not provide scientific evidence so people can decide for themselves what to believe. It is a much better way to approach the situation than he said/she said arguments, and will lead to a more intellectual conversation of the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by deja_ale View Post

Not to play devil's advocate, but if you are going to make claims about what is good, and share new information you believe to be correct, why not provide scientific evidence so people can decide for themselves what to believe. It is a much better way to approach the situation than he said/she said arguments, and will lead to a more intellectual conversation of the topic.
                        I take your points, but I wouldn't worry about this stuff. If you know anything about basic human physiology, not to mention basic physics, then you recognize this nonsense for what it is. The practical red flag in this, for those who don't know human physiology basics, is the phrase "anyone looking to restore rapidly". This is the same tired old okeydoke, which ignores what Science knows about mitotic processes. This ignorance has shown up on restoration forums for decades now. Decades.

He gets away with this nonsense here, as have that long line of clueless newbies we've seen in the past, because nobody really gives a flying whatever (especially about newbie claims). Yet another instance where apathy's had a positive effect.
                        Last edited by Reality; 12-05-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Random thought here and more devil's advocate.

If nutrition plays an important role in growing new skin, how are people who overeat with unhealthy diets and lack of exercise so good at growing more skin?

Comment

For nutrition, put emphasis on hydrating yourself through fruit juices that are:

* fresh (drink the juice within 12 hours)
                            * cold-pressed (never heated, not even pasteurized of any kind)
                            * ripe fruits (as ripe as possible before going bad)

Drink as much as 1 gallon total per day. Seriously. There’s no such thing as over-hydration through fruit juices as long as you are able to listen to what your body says about whether or not you want to drink the juice. Follow my progress gallery—I am attributing my rapid improvement to my knowledge and application of hydration.
                            I am not going to debate nutrition and restoration as there is probably no research in the area to back up anything said. I would said that anything good for the skin in general will not hurt the process. I apply lotion at night. Maybe it helps? Technically the skin should not be streching but growing. But I do it anyway.

I will say that drinking 1 gallon of juice of any kind is bad for you. Letstake apple juice. 1 gallon contains 1825 calories. 448g of sugar and half of that is fructose. It is the same as eating 448g of sucrose(table sugar 2 1/3 cups)or HF Cornsyrup(2 cups) as both of those contain 50% fructose. While eating glucose in excess all day will not hurt you, unless diabetic, because it can be metabolizes anywhere in the body. Eating that much fructose all day will lead to all kinds of medabolic disease. Fructose is all processed solely in the liver and because you are overloading the system it is converted to several bad things.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=dBnniua6-oM

There is the science to back up my statement. While a basic understanding of biochemistry is needed to understand the whole talk you will get the point on a macro scale.

DRINK A GALLON OF WATER. And don’t do it all at once as it can kill you. Electrolytes get unbalanced.

Eating all the fresh fruit you want is fine. 1. it contain a large amount of fiber along with the sugar. 2. you will be miserably full all day and not eat 1825 calories because of that fiber. 3. Poo will also run free for you because of that fiber.

Comment

YES! Too much sugar is bad for you. It will dehydrate you just like salt and you won't even realize it until it's too late. A headache that starts at the back of your head and neck and progressively gets worse is a classic early sign of dehydration. WATER!

Comment

Working...
                              X