• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use tape over the urethra?
    Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

I have to use tape or air goes in and hurts alot! I have used expensive 3m nexcare waterproof for everything restoration related. But recently found a cheap paper tape that does not irritate the glans or leave residue and have been using it for this application.

Comment

I bought the Hope restorer and I’m only partly happy. It makes a good tugger. Very comfortable and easy to install. But it is useless as an inflation device. It pops off under low pressure, the gap between the body and the gripper is too large.

Comment

Before completely writing it off for air try 2 things. Get a bottle nipple and cut it similar to what you see on the DTR. After your skin is clamped by the hope add the bottle nipple over the outside for extra clamping force in the radial direction. Then inflate slowly.

The other thing maybe worth trying if you have the skin. I have two ways to apply the device which have different gripping abilities. To get super inflation try rolling your skin up over the glands, then placing the hope on the tip of the glans/rolled skin. Then when you roll your skin into the hope it wont be the skin closest to your glans, it will be skin further down the shaft. With this setup it is gripping lower and has more skin being inflated. Also With that setup there is a point of inflating where i have to stop due to pain.

The other method is probably the stadard way which does pop off before reaching a painful stretch point. Putting the hope directly on glands with skin pulled all the back and then rolling the skin closest to the glands into the device.
          Lol thats hard to put into words does that make any sense?
          The next step after getting all inflated is to get a partial erection... super stretch.

Comment

I accidentally damaged the Hope device last night by using some vitamin E on my irritated foreskin which is progressing very well. It still retains air and is still usable for air pressure expansion and tugging. I just was a bit too agressive with too much inflation, thus the irritation. I want to purchase a replacement, but the supplier to eBay is out of stock. Anyone know another site where it can be purchased? I love this silicone device and is extremely effective and comfortable...it's the best device by far of any others I have used.

Comment

I recently ordered one and have been playing with it off and on for a 4 days or so. It is by far the most comfortable device I have worn on my penis yet, and I have tried lots. I really wanted to use it as an inflation device and found my glans likes to stick right to the valve opening and if not extremely careful, will blow air into my urethra, which is not at all pleasant. Being reluctant to put tape on my glans, I tried a dime and found that worked pretty well, but a small piece of toilet paper works even better to keep air out. The manufacturer's website does direct that if it will be used for inflation that some sort of cuff (like the DTR cuff) will be necessary to prevent it from being blown off by the air pressure. I have been inflating through a DTR retainer for quite a while now and found out that adding a couple of wide rubber bands that are used on veggies. A 1" or so diameter by 3/8 to 1/2 inch wide rubber band will work wonders to keep the DTR from popping off. I am still figuring this thing out, but preliminary results are promising, at least in my opinion.

Comment

Hi all, So I am still using the Hope FR and have come to love this thing. As I type this note, I am wearing it with a 2 lb weight hanging from it. It is super comfortable. I bought it for inflating and tugging but modified it to defeat the internal valve and installed my own aquarium check valve. I threw out the ball pump I bought to inflate it and with my set up since I don't need or want that much pressure. I still have a DTR but seldom wear it now. I did take some advice earlier in this thread and put the dreaded DTR gripper with the holes punched in it and found that it works well to enhance the grip and provides better slip resistance. A rubber band at the outer edge and the seal is so tight it holds high air pressure although I found I prefer the tug over the air pressure from a comfort perspective.

Comment

I just noticed the maker of the Hope device has released a 3rd gen that has a different taper on the cone to improve gripping. Mine is not worn out or broken, but I will be ordering a 3rd gen as a backup/tugger. If anyone tries a 3rd gen please post your thoughts here

Comment

Hey guys
                    Is the 3rd gen still available to buy anywhere? I've been out of restoring for a while and want to start again.

Thanks

Comment

Looks like this may not be available any more.
                      Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

Working...
                      X