Suggestions for tugging with shorts on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for tugging with shorts on

As title says, having issue with tapeless tugging (tlc tugger, normal one), don't want the straps to be seen, but my khaki shorts only go slightly below my knee, so hard to do that, any suggestions?

You can tug over your shoulder or from around the waist. The over-the-shoulder strap can be easily concealed under loose shirt and, if properly arranged, you can probably even go shirtless with the strap fixed around the waist. Just takes some creative use of safety pins to properly align the elastic strap for such use.

Comment

Hell, wear shorts. Where I live it hits in the triple digits this time of year, so what I did was wear an elastic knee brace over the strap around my knee. This hid the strap from casual view, and it also slowed down the inevitable loosening of the strap when I walked. My shorts were long enough to cover the part of the strap the went "up".

Then I got tired of that, and went everywhere with the exposed strap around my knee. Too freakin' hot otherwise. My advice is to have courage: nobody seemed to notice, and only one guy ever said anything (in a supermarket), ie "Are you restoring?". Turned out to be a gay guy who was informed. We had a good conversation. People are way less involved with other people's appearance than you might think. Go for it.
      Last edited by Info; 06-24-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I have to agree here. I have been tugging at work with dress pants on. Regardless of the fit, there is always a weird bulge which i've noticed people look at. Some look in surprise, some look in curiosity. Where I work it gets in the triple digits this time of year. Also, I work in an environment that's very macho and abrasive. Frankly, i just stopped giving a shit. No one has said anything and i've been doing it since February. They might talk but i don't care. there are worse things to have said about you other than, "Hey, that guy has a huge package." I say go with it. Info, I like the idea of your use of the knee brace. I might have to try that to see if it'll make wearing shorts easier.

Comment

I would recommend tugging with weight http://tlctugger.com/tlc-hangers/ and using Tug N Wear http://tlctugger.com/product/tug-n-w...toration-jock/ as a fail-safe.
          -Ron Low
          [email protected]
          847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Just to add, there are a number of commercial, dedicated patellar tendon straps (stabilizes the kneecap by compressing the distal tendon between tibia and patella) which I've seen worn by runners and weight lifters and such. If somebody asks, just tell them that the visible part of the strap is a knee cap stabilizer. Done deal.

But really, if you think about it, you are doing something for yourself, for your benefit, on your own, so the rare person out "there" who would try to interfere with that by making a comment (they show up here more often than out "there" in the world at large ) can go screw themselves. Your business, not theirs. Self determination, courage, applies to every aspect of restoration ... and personal courage and a sense of adventure are the first qualities restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
              My advice is to have courage: nobody seemed to notice, and only one guy ever said anything (in a supermarket), ie "Are you restoring?". Turned out to be a gay guy who was informed. We had a good conversation. People are way less involved with other people's appearance than you might think. Go for it.
              Thats kinda cool having meeting with fellow restorers outside the internet. I would love to have such encounter.

Comment

I would go for meeting IRL too.

Comment

Working...
                X