Thoughts? Adhesive instead of tape?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts? Adhesive instead of tape?

Has anyone ever tried using adhesi-med instead of tape for there canister?

Oh shit yeah! I started with the canister method and that's exactly what I did. All you need is about a 1/2" band of adhesive on the device body. Be absolutely sure you don't get ANY on the inside of the canister. A double layer of Mefix tape on the outside works great. Just be sure to wait 10 to 15 minutes before you start tugging to let the adhesive set up and grip.
    Also make sure you get the citrus based adhesive remover. That glue is strong . If you are using a 35mm film canister , a CAT II Q device body fits on the end of it perfectly provided you completely open up the end of.the canister. Just tape it on with electrical tape and you now have a big directional canister! It works awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
      Oh shit yeah! I started with the canister method and that's exactly what I did. All you need is about a 1/2" band of adhesive on the device body. Be absolutely sure you don't get ANY on the inside of the canister. A double layer of Mefix tape on the outside works great. Just be sure to wait 10 to 15 minutes before you start tugging to let the adhesive set up and grip.
      Also make sure you get the citrus based adhesive remover. That glue is strong . If you are using a 35mm film canister , a CAT II Q device body fits on the end of it perfectly provided you completely open up the end of.the canister. Just tape it on with electrical tape and you now have a big directional canister! It works awesome.
      Awesome man! Thanks for the advise I'll get some ordered here In a few days

Comment

Working...
      X