Manufacture and use of T-tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacture and use of T-tape

May I take the opportunity to thank all those who have developed the processes of foreskin restoration using tape methods. The T-tape method was invented by D Evans in the 1980s and developed by many others since then. Gary, in particular, deserves special mention.

The principle of T-tape is to grip a cylinder of penis shaft skin with a ring of adhesive medical tape. The centre line around this cylinder is then connected to an elastic strap to provide tension - the tugging force. The T-tapes are pre-made by you for use later.

The T-tape will be put on your erect penis and is made so as to fit around your erect penis - with a short additional length for securing tabs.

There is a video of me demonstrating the manufacture at ttape.tumblr.com

Tormod

Some of you may have had occasion to run into mathematicians and to wonder therefore how they got that way - Tom Lehrer

1. First step is to prepare the rectangular T-tape backing strip. One side of the strip must be slick so that the tape may finally be peeled from it. The length of the strip must be greater than the circumference of your erect penis plus, maybe 2cm (1in). The width of the strip is greater than about 3.5cm (1.5in).

The paper backing strip is folded in half along its longer dimension. This provides a centre line. Two guide lines are ruled parallel to the central line and (in my case) 1cm (0.5in) from it - one on each side of the central line. If you rule these lines on the back of the paper then there is no opportunity for the ink/pencil to get on your penis.

Tormod

Some of you may have had occasion to run into mathematicians and to wonder therefore how they got that way - Tom Lehrer

Comment

2. Mefix tape is a fabric based tape and it is slightly extensible in one direction - parallel to the axis on which it is wound. Rejuviness tape is very similar.
      One big advantage (for me!) of Mefix is that it is available in rolls of width 15cm (6in). This is 2cm greater than the circumference of my erect penis. There are cutting guide lines every 10cm along the roll. 10cm will allow for 2 x 1cm for the top of the T and 4cm for the upright of the T. You now have a rectangle of Mefix 10cm X 15cm. One roll of Mefix is enough to make 50 of these T-tapes.

Tormod

Comment

3. Carefully peel back the Mefix backing paper from along one of the 15cm sides. Peel it back to maybe 1.5 - 2cm and fold the backing away from the fabric.

Tormod

Comment

4. The backing strip prepared at stage 1 is folded along its centre line with the slick side upwards. The exposed adhesive surface of the Mefix is carefully applied so that its edge is placed at the 1cm guide line on the backing strip.

Tormod

Comment

5. The assembly is now turned over so that the second 1cm guide line is visible. The remaining backing paper is removed from the Mefix rectangle.

Tormod

Comment

6. The free side of the Mefix is now positioned on the second guide line of the backing strip. The two adhesive surfaces of the Mefix are now pressed together to form the upright of the T.

Tormod

Comment

7. A small rectangle at the end ot the upright of the T is now cut out. This step allows you to make the T-tape to your exact circumference when erect. The tabs which remain on the top of the T are used during the application of the T-tape.

Tormod

Comment

8. The final product.

Tormod

Comment

9. The second video at ttape.tumblr.com shows me putting a T-tape on my penis. Do not watch if seeing my penis is a partially erect state would upset you.

The tension used by most restorers is provided by an elastic strap - one end has a clip to attach to the T-tape, other end may have a loop to put under the sole of a foot - "down the leg tugging". Many other tugging geometries are possible. Be inventive. I used a tugging force of about 0.7kg (24oz). You may have to experiment to find what force (and tug time) works best for you.

I should mention that I have mostly used T-tape for my restoration from CI 1 to CI 7 or 8. I am now finished restoring.
                    Tormod

Comment

Working...
                    X