Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canister Taping - How Much Skin Should I Tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canister Taping - How Much Skin Should I Tape?

Hi, everyone:

I'm new to foreskin restoration. I started with manual tugging about three weeks ago, but moved onto canister taping with weights a week later using a a homemade canister device that has served me well, thus far. I followed Ron Low's directions on the TLC website, using 1-inch Mefix tape, sticky-side up on the canister and 2-inch tape over my skin.

Here are my questions: Since I am able to roll more than an inch of skin onto the canister, am I better off rolling and taping more or less skin onto the canister? I tried using 2-inch tape sticky-side up and secured 1.5 of skin onto the canister, but that did not leave much shaft skin untaped and it felt like I wasn't getting much of tension. This morning I tried out the Supercanister Advanced device with the 15-ounce weights. I purposely taped only .5 inch of skin, which allowed most of my shaft skin to stretch and feel tension. Is there a formula to determine how much skin should be taped onto the canister? Does more or less skin taped onto the canister have any direct impact on growth of inner or outer skin?

I'm hoping some of you with more experience can shed some light on this.

Best and KOT,
    ohuber

Hello,
    i had some good success with the canister method some time ago. I always taped about 3/4 to 1 inch of skin to the canister. I don’t think I ever intentionally exceeded that.

I started about a CI-4 and made it to just about CI-8 before took an extended break. I’m back to it now for close to a year with t-tapes and pushing CI-9. I’m thinking about trying the canister again. What did you use for your homemade device? I was using a film canister but those seem to be hard to come by now a days 😀

Comment

Originally posted by ohuber View Post
      Hi, everyone:

I'm new to foreskin restoration. I started with manual tugging about three weeks ago, but moved onto canister taping with weights a week later using a a homemade canister device that has served me well, thus far. I followed Ron Low's directions on the TLC website, using 1-inch Mefix tape, sticky-side up on the canister and 2-inch tape over my skin.

Here are my questions: Since I am able to roll more than an inch of skin onto the canister, am I better off rolling and taping more or less skin onto the canister? I tried using 2-inch tape sticky-side up and secured 1.5 of skin onto the canister, but that did not leave much shaft skin untaped and it felt like I wasn't getting much of tension. This morning I tried out the Supercanister Advanced device with the 15-ounce weights. I purposely taped only .5 inch of skin, which allowed most of my shaft skin to stretch and feel tension. Is there a formula to determine how much skin should be taped onto the canister? Does more or less skin taped onto the canister have any direct impact on growth of inner or outer skin?

I'm hoping some of you with more experience can shed some light on this.

Best and KOT,
      ohuber
      When I used the taped canister, I would chop the 2" tape down to 1.5" so I was taping less skin.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

When I was using that method, I taped minimal amount of skin, say 1/4 to 1/2 inch. But I didn't stick with it for long, as I suffered a skin tear which, I believe, was due to excessive tension as I shifted position in jeans in the car due to the edge of the canister. I switched to this method, as it seemed to have the same advantages without a canister:

greg_b-t-tape-strips-and-insert-llustrated.pdf (restoringforeskin.org)

Regards

Comment

Thank you both for responding, and that greg_b for the resource.

Comment

Working...
          X