Peeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeing

Hey: I’m on my second day of what I foresee being a long restoration journey using the canister taping method. I’m having issues peeing. My urine goes inside the canister when peeing. I use a tissue to dry off as much as possible, but after a few peeing sessions, the tape comes off - mainly on the top side as that’s the side with the least amount of slack. Any pointers you all could give me would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Nutsandfitness; 08-11-2021, 02:05 PM.

Originally posted by Nutsandfitness View Post
    Hey: I’m on my second day of what I foresee being a long restoration journey using the canister taping method. I’m having issues peeing. My urine goes inside the canister when peeing. I use a tissue to dry off as much as possible, but after a few peeing sessions, the tape comes off - mainly on the top side as that’s the side with the least amount of slack. Any pointers you all could give me would be appreciated. Thank you.
    As I read this, you seem to be pointing to 2 problems: urine inside the canister, and tape slippage. You are already taking care of the first problem by blotting (you can stuff a small dry wad of TP in the canister after urinating (can cause odor as it catches the inevitable drip, but NOT blotting or "blocking" will do the same thing). This is a problem you have to live with (there is no perfect method).

As for the second problem, use sand paper to rough-up the surface tape comes into contact with; this worked for me when I used the canister method. Just keep in mind that while a rough surface allows the tape to stick better, it can also provide small areas for bacteria to live in, so wash that thingy, as well at your own personal thingy.

Comment

For the issue of the tape coming off, I assume you mean your skin, I can offer a few tips that may help:

Some tape do better under wet conditions than others. Rejuveness, for example, is a lot better than 3M Micropore Paper Tape. At least for me. So one suggestion is to try a different tape.

Also, make sure your skin is clean and dry when you apply the tape.

Press hard on the tape to help adhesion. Also, wait a few minutes (10 or so) before you apply tension, to give the adhesive some time to set up, or adhere.

If none of those work, then also consider that the sort time may not be a problem. My experience was that short times under tension were just as effective as long times. If you get an hour or so under tension, then the tape fails, that may be all you need.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
        For the issue of the tape coming off, I assume you mean your skin, I can offer a few tips that may help:

Some tape do better under wet conditions than others. Rejuveness, for example, is a lot better than 3M Micropore Paper Tape. At least for me. So one suggestion is to try a different tape.

Also, make sure your skin is clean and dry when you apply the tape.

Press hard on the tape to help adhesion. Also, wait a few minutes (10 or so) before you apply tension, to give the adhesive some time to set up, or adhere.

If none of those work, then also consider that the sort time may not be a problem. My experience was that short times under tension were just as effective as long times. If you get an hour or so under tension, then the tape fails, that may be all you need.

Regards
        LOL, it never occured to me that the OP meant tape slipping off his skin; obviously you wouldn't "rough up" your skin with sandpaper (I always try to give the members here the benefit of the doubt on IQ issues). In regard to that issue, I disagree with gregb: in the clinical area (the hospitals I have worked in) we used PAPER tape to stabilize damn near everything, from indwelling devices to wound dressings. Based on this I used paper tape with a cannister (paper tape meant for contact with human skin) for years with no problems. I used paper tape clinically (per floor protocol) for every treatment. So....................I WOULD suggest paper tape; it sticks, it works without irritation, and it's relatively cheap compared to its competition. Never had a problem with it, on patients, and on my dick.

Comment

Truth is, greg b is basing his advice above on a different method, and it's unclear if you can do that. It's up to him to defend that, so maybe he will own up and do that.

Comment

Well I have used the canister method. In fact the method I ended up using the most (greg_b-t-tape-strips-and-insert-llustrated.pdf (restoringforeskin.org)) was derived form the canister method, it just eliminated the canister, smile.

But Reality is correct, my advice was based on the method above, taping directly to the skin. If the OP's issue is tape becoming loose from the canister, my suggestions are probably not so helpful, though they may have some application. If the OP will clarify, that will help.
            Last edited by greg_b; 08-16-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nutsandfitness View Post
              I used t-straps with 3M micropore tape when I began restoring my foreskin. I found that I needed to change 3 - 4 times a day.
              View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

Comment

I use 3M Micropore when t- taping and generally get about 2 full days and nights before it slips.
                My skin is fairly oily, though, and I have read that a lot of restorers get 3 days on average.
                I blot every time I urinate, and use a hair dryer on the tape after bathing.
                I have been tempted to try Rejuveness or Mefix, but am happy with Micropore for the interim .
                Just my 2c worth.
                Last edited by 06Vulcan900; 08-17-2021, 06:48 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Hey guys - thanks for your replies. I started blotting with TP thoroughly, including the base of the gland to ensure no urine got stuck there, then leave little piece of TP in the canister to catch any remaining drip. That seems to do the trick. In terms of tape, I use Mefix tape, which seems to be pretty efficient. After doing some more reading, I've also reduced the number of hours I go with tape/canister on. I'm now only tugging 6-8 hours a day and keeping the tape/canister on for about 9-10 hours a day. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

When I used the canister, I poked the tip of my glans out the 11/16" hole in the end of the canister so the urine stream "whizzed" past the canister itself. But still there would be droplets coming out after I thought I was done, so stuffing a wad in the hole to wick out that wetness was part of getting ready to re-attach tension and pull my pants up.
                    -Ron Low
                    [email protected]
                    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I should add: greg b has walked just about every step of the restoration path so just because I disagree with some point of his doesn't mean you newer guys can't listen to his wisdom and experience.

Comment

I appreciate the kind words, Reality. And will also suggest that Reality has a lot to offer. The quote I like is:

"We are all teachers, we are all students."
                        - Dubside

Regards

Comment

At the very start of my restoration I used a 35mm photographic film canister. Remember them? As soon as I got some slack to work with, which at this early stage was more about increasing skin mobility rather than actual growth, I ditched tape and taping forever. I bought a Cat II Q which like all the most popular devices uses a flexible cup to grip the shaft skin while pressure is applied. I suggest this is the way to go for comfort and convenience and it works – given time!

Comment

Working...
                          X