Tention pain, and Clamping area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tention pain, and Clamping area

I have recently purchased a TLC Tugger, and am working towards a tugging regimen, but I have having a problem with determining tension of the device. I am able to roll enough skin over the device to get a solid 1/4 inch (consistently, sometimes more) The problem I am experiencing is that there is a slight pain resonating from the (former) inner foreskin,even if I am using the slightest of tension. My question is, is there any way I can modify my technique, or any other tips to reduce this pain, is it simply part of the process, or should i resort to another method like canister tugging to gain more slack, and then move to the TLC?

My other question is, what is a good amount of area that should be clamped between the tugger body and the cone, and is the lack of area clamped (as previously mentioned) causing the pain on the (former) inner foreskin?

Thanks all

If you do a manual stretch, focusing on the inner skin, does that hurt in the same way as with the TLC?

Comment

1/4" of gripping area is not nearly enough. The more gripping area you have spreads the force out so it's not so much in that area. Sounds like you don't have quite enough skin for that device yet. Try doing manual methods for a few months. When in us my device. I like to have 1/4" at the top of the device where there is no skin. That's fairly comfortable. Keep at it, you'll get there.

Comment

Responce to metal- It is a similar feeling but not quite the same, it may be the combination, of the stretch and the clamp.
        Responce to Parsecs- I'm not quite sure if you understand what I mean, "viewing" through the clear cone, I can see about 1/4 inch in contact, but I do understand that I may need some more slack.

Comment

Oh I get it. 1/4" of contact is not enough to be comfortable. 5/8"-3/4" is ideal. Manual it is!

Comment

Parsec could be right; it could be a lack of skin. I'm inclined to question that, though, based on you saying that manual stretches hurts the same area in a similar way. Either way, 1/4 inch of skin isn't really enough for TLC...
            Not trying to imply that you're dumb or anything, but are you certain you're not going a little overboard with the tension?
            I'm not sure how new you are, but if you're literally just starting, then your skin is going to need a little bit of an adjustment time before you go into what others would consider to be a normal routine.

Either way, we agree on the solution. Try some manual stuff for a while, making sure to take it slow...you'll have plenty of time to ramp things up later.

Just in case you need it, here's a link to a guide on manual methods. http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...gging/method-1

Comment

1. For some guys, the clamping between inner cone and outer causes pain, and always will. It's thought that the pain comes from the small blood vessels being clamped (blood vessels have nerves attached to them just for this reason). This is especially true of mucosa (this tissue is thinner).

2. It is also thought that any tissue which is being clamped, isn't seeing any tension. It is, by definition, being clamped, fixed in place. Nobody knows that for sure, but it makes sense. So, if there's no actual tension on that area of skin, there isn't any response to tension, so no growth. The response to tension would be a sort of short, roughly defined band of skin from the cone, back behind the cone (and only some cells within that area will respond).

3. So the strategy is usually this: roll a shorter amount of skin over the inner, and clamp that. Less squeeze, less pain, hopefully, but it may just go on hurting. It really doesn't matter in terms of the growth because that's always hit an miss. Some cells are ready to divide, and some aren't. That's the way mitosis works.
              Last edited by Reality; 06-30-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal One View Post
                Not trying to imply that you're dumb or anything, but are you certain you're not going a little overboard with the tension?
                I'm not sure how new you are, but if you're literally just starting, then your skin is going to need a little bit of an adjustment time before you go into what others would consider to be a normal routine.
                I have been slowly working on restoring for a year or two now, on and off, but I just recently purchased a TLC, and i can be for certain I'm not over tensioning, because i am using the very LEAST amount of tension i can create with the strap.

Along with manual tugging, would it also be possible to create a functional canister device? I'm very forgetful, so I would prefer a device to manual. I have the bits to do it, but I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort or not.

Comment

Working...
                X