Twisiting the TLC or TLC-x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisiting the TLC or TLC-x

Has anyone tried to twist the TLC or TLC-x before tugging? Place it on twist slightly and then hook the strap on. Torsion has been said to provide a different type of beneficial stretch...If you have what were results and any tips?

LOL just tried it...the strap rolls back when the twist is released...maybe someone clever can find a way

Comment

"Torsion has been said".... Who says it? If you have something you can link to......... I like the ideas involved, whether or not anything practical can be set up.

Nobody's done anything like a formal study on what we do, so ... nobody who tugs, knows. But that aside, you have to look at the actual layer that responds to tension. It's called the stratum basale, or the basal layer. It is essentially a flat plane, microscopically thin, which lies circumferentially around the axis of the shaft. It does have some depth, maybe a couple of cells thick, so it's even thinner, microscopically thinner.

So you have to ask yourself, how would this idea actually work? If we look at the prevailing theory, which has stress on the intracellular connections as the stimulus for those biochemicals to be carried to the area, thereby causing mitosis at a rate beyond maintenance, then how does torsional tension on a flat plane have any special property? The process is one where cells form by division, and then get pushed up towards the surface, dying on the way. So........?

I know I don't know, and science apparently doesn't know (specific to our interests), so...... it ain't no done-deal concept, that's for sure.

But this (torsion) can be tried using one of the manual methods (a member on the old forum believed it had merit). So go for it, see what happens in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by weber View Post
        Has anyone tried to twist the TLC or TLC-x before tugging? Place it on twist slightly and then hook the strap on. Torsion has been said to provide a different type of beneficial stretch...If you have what were results and any tips?
        My experience is that this creates pinching and it's very uncomfortable to have any sort of twisting of the TLC-X when it's being worn.
        Visit my restoration progress journal.

Comment

Working...
        X