Is this a common experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a common experience?

So I received the TLC tugger maybe 3 days ago, and have been using it as often as possible. On the site, I see the suggestion that you should be tugging for 8-12 hours a day, and that the tension should be set so it doesn't hurt.

When I put it on, I am able to set it so it's comfortable. and it will be fine for about 3-4 hours, and then it will begin to hurt, and it's somewhat painful to take off. because of the pain around the 3-4 hour mark, I often take it off. I can't imagine keeping it on for 8-12 straight hours.

Has anyone else experience this? And is it possible I'm doing something wrong? I already have a bit of slack skin that I obtained from tape and manual tugging before this, so it fits well and comfortably.

Well, there are differences of opinion on what should be done regarding tension and time under tension. Some seem to do well with "low" tension for long time periods, others with "higher" tension for shorter time periods. Best to pay attention to what works for you, rather than adhere to a one size fits all method.

I started out trying for 24/7/365, and didn't think too much about the amount of tension. Had good growth periods, and low/no growth periods.

Finally saw a pattern, tried changing to 4-6 hrs tugging, using the amount of tension that seemed to give me the best growth, and that solved the low/no growth issue. It also made it clear to me that long time periods were not needed. On the other hand, it clearly demonstrated the need to get the amount of tension optimized. Note I am saying optimal tension, not "high" or "low".

Most recently, I tried changing my regimen to 20 minutes of tugging, twice a day, using inflation. Works great, and very easy to fit into my schedule.

I will also point out that manual tuggers typically tug for only minutes at a time, with excellent results. And, that the theory we are working under is that tension triggers the skin cells to under go a series of physiological processes resulting in more skin. Note the word "trigger", that is significant. Think of watering a plant. You want enough, not too much, not too little. After you water, you have to wait for the plant to do its thing.

I would suggest that you first try a time that is convenient, then spend you time sorting out what amount of tension works best for you to grow skin. After you know what the amount of tension is optimal for you to grow skin, then play around with time under tension if you want.

If you simply want to try 8-12 hours, then try less tension. Or try taking a few minutes for a break during that period. From the minimal amount of information you provided, it sounds like you are finding the reduced blood flow is the cause of the pain, and if the compression and/or tension is reducing the blood flow, then you need to either take breaks or reduce the compression and/or tension. You can start with the tension and se if that fixes it. If not, then adjust the compression in some way, not sure how to do that.

Or, simply accept that for you, 3-4 hours is fine, and call it good. That is actually the way I tugged when doing 4-6 hours. I actually stopped when my skin told me it needed a break, whether that was 2 hrs or 6 hrs.

Regards

Comment

I had a similar experience in my first few days, and in fact I came to realise it was because I tended to have the cone pushing too much. Later I made sure that the cone could move a little after applying it and then I could easily wear it for about 12 hours straight. Most days I still tug 10 to 12 hours with my TLC-X while doing manual with the squeeze-stretch method to focus on inner skin. I’d recommend to try slightly less tension and see how that works. I’ve also noticed that with progress it becomes much easier to tug longer and that issues with slipping off totally disappear. As for the duration, I don’t think it is too critical to tug very long every time, as mentioned above already. Maybe it’s a good idea to go for shorter high tension tugging sessions at home, such that you can easily take the device off if something feels wrong. Once you gain a bit more skin you can try long sessions with moderate tension. It’s really important to just figure out what works and feels best for you, and in case of pain, clearly something is wrong. Good luck, you’ll soon figure out how you like to tug and will probably be amazed with the progress. I know I was when switching from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X. My only regret is that I didn’t switch earlier! You can check my progress gallery if you want to see how things went for me.
      My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Originally posted by Jake19490 View Post
        So I received the TLC tugger maybe 3 days ago, and have been using it as often as possible. On the site, I see the suggestion that you should be tugging for 8-12 hours a day, and that the tension should be set so it doesn't hurt.

When I put it on, I am able to set it so it's comfortable. and it will be fine for about 3-4 hours, and then it will begin to hurt, and it's somewhat painful to take off. because of the pain around the 3-4 hour mark, I often take it off. I can't imagine keeping it on for 8-12 straight hours.

Has anyone else experience this? And is it possible I'm doing something wrong? I already have a bit of slack skin that I obtained from tape and manual tugging before this, so it fits well and comfortably.
        Yep, I did; I experienced this. I can't answer if you are doing something wrong because I'm not there, but I can say that I had the same experience of pain soon after applying the device. What I came to understand was that compression devices can cause pain. I used the tugahoy before the TLC, both are compression devices, and both caused me pain. The TA had a central strut which you could push on to lessen the pain, and this was referred to by the maker in the literature that came with the device. That told me that he knew pain was a possibility. With continued use of either device, the pain happened sooner and sooner after I applied them, as if my skin knew what was coming (probably there was some lingering effect).

By "compression device" I'm referring to the fact that your skin is caught and compressed between the inner and outer cones. The small blood vessels in your skin have nerves attached to them, and when blood vessels are compressed the nerves trigger and cause pain. This is natural; it's a built-in response to compromised blood flow. So what I had to do was remove the device when pain began, and then come back to applying it some time later. I got tired of this after awhile, so I went to a canister method, which I used for several years, and then I went to manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake19490 View Post
          I can't imagine keeping it on for 8-12 straight hours.
          And it's impossible, so not a problem. You must urinate and stuff, so breaks are built in even if not scheduled.
          -Ron Low
          Service@TLCTugger.com
          847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
          X