Should Pusher be Larger Than Glans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Pusher be Larger Than Glans?

I often find myself taking my device off early not because the stretched skin is starting to hurt, but because the glans are getting pinched. I realized the other day that the pusher is smaller than my glans, allowing for some of the head to push up around the edges of it. I'm thinking this is causing the pinching feeling. This raises the question: should the pusher be larger than my glans?

If your glans is being pulled too hard, try using less tension. It's easy to use more than necessary with these inner pusher devices. Otherwise, if you use a TLC-X, perhaps Ron would know the exact answer. There might be some sort of packer or deep pusher that can fit over a wider glans.

A pusher plate wider than the glans would dig into the inner foreskin while you're tugging. This is probably why the maker of the CAT II Q started offering them in a narrower diameter for those with a smaller glans.

Comment

Hello MyForeskin, I have used the Cat II Q for a lot of years. I have really appreciated their excellent service and the wide variety of fitments. I currently use the deep pusher cup which is soft and comfortable on my large glans (btw glans is singular – glans IS, not glans ARE). The deep pusher cup is way smaller than my glans but because it is soft and flexible it does not cause any nipping or irritation and I can wear it for many hours at a time. I recommend the CAT with the deep pusher every chance I get.

Comment

A while back I started using round cotton pads on my glans to avoid any issues with the pusher pressing directly onto my glans. I first apply some moisturiser on the cotton pad, then put it on my glans and afterwards I apply my TLC-X in the standard way. It allows me to apply more tension without any problem. The only drawback is that it only works when you have enough skin to work with...
        My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

It seems like you are having a similar problem as me, which I just recently solved. I too discovered that my glans was getting rolled up with the inner skin up onto the inner cone. In the beginning I couldn't pinpoint just where this pinch was happening until one day I took the device off and saw the edge of my glans had turned blue. It was my fault for being aggressive when mounting the device by pulling all available skin up around the inner cone before applying the outer. Now I just roll the "available " skin up snap the outer cone on and I'm good for many hours at a time. My TLC X is now my primary method KOT!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I don't think it's a matter of tension and I'm not sure I want to purchase cotton balls for this purpose.

Originally posted by Ralphieboy View Post
            It seems like you are having a similar problem as me, which I just recently solved. I too discovered that my glans was getting rolled up with the inner skin up onto the inner cone. In the beginning I couldn't pinpoint just where this pinch was happening until one day I took the device off and saw the edge of my glans had turned blue. It was my fault for being aggressive when mounting the device by pulling all available skin up around the inner cone before applying the outer. Now I just roll the "available " skin up snap the outer cone on and I'm good for many hours at a time. My TLC X is now my primary method KOT!
            I think that this is very similar to what is happening to me as I experience a pinching feeling and my glans turn blue on the outer edge which is the area that the pusher is not covering. I'm hoping Ron can jump in and provide some advice. I truly feel like the pusher should be wide enough to cover the glans to prevent pinching. Also, you mentioned that I shouldn't pull all of the available skin up around the inner cone, which is what I do. I do this because in this video Ron shows himself actually pulling the skin up over the cone, not just simply rolling it: https://vimeo.com/47281825.

Comment

I don’t use cotton balls, but round pads like these: https://goo.gl/images/ikLXQQ

Initially, I trimmed them a bit to be just large enough to cover the “sharp” edges of the pusher body, nowadays I can also leave them as a whole. I apply moisturiser on the side in contact with my glans and it helps me avoid any pinching or excessive tension on the glans. You might need to have a larger pusher size than the standard for this method to work, as with the thinnest one the cotton pad might get trapped under your skin and the cone, causing to rip the cotton pad or to not be able to apply (sufficient) tension.

Just wanted to give some more detail, as for me this helped avoiding (very occasional) small issues when I was a bit less careful applying the device...
              My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Working...
              X