Getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started

I started a week ago (TLC-X) and found that I could not get enough skin onto the TLC-X for it to stay. So I just started using the cone by itself. The most difficult part has been trying to get enough skin into the cone for it to stay. Like Ron said, I draw up as much as I can and then 'jam' the cone over it. Finally started getting enough so that it would stay. After a week of just retaining with the cone only, today I was able to get the TLC-X on and get it to stay. So I guess I'm started now. I would be grateful for any advice on getting my skin into that cone. Thank you

Try pre folding the retaining con back on itself and find something to hold it that way while you get your skin pulled up on the device body as high as possible. Then with the other hand pick up the retaining cone, lower it into place and in one quick motion remove the hand holding the skin and flip the sides of the retaining cone down. This will give you the extra split second you need to trap more skin. It's kind of like the DTR installation (see their video). Once you get it on I highly recommend using a split rubber grommet to help hold the retaining cone in place while you even up the skin (see attached photos). You can get a grommet at any hardware store for a buck.

Comment

I really wish Ron would include one of these in EVERY kit and do a video of this installation method and post it on his website. This is getting VERY repetitive!

Comment

Dear Parsecskin,
        Thank you VERY much - this is really helpful.
        And sorry I didn't find it in the previous threads.
        Thanks again for your reply.
        TJ

Comment

THANK YOU ! I tried what you suggested and rolling and flipping the sides of the cone WORKED. It was taking me a long time to try to fit it every time I went to the bathroom. Thank you for your help.
          TJ

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
            Try pre folding the retaining con back on itself and find something to hold it that way while you get your skin pulled up on the device body as high as possible. Then with the other hand pick up the retaining cone, lower it into place and in one quick motion remove the hand holding the skin and flip the sides of the retaining cone down. This will give you the extra split second you need to trap more skin. It's kind of like the DTR installation (see their video). Once you get it on I highly recommend using a split rubber grommet to help hold the retaining cone in place while you even up the skin (see attached photos). You can get a grommet at any hardware store for a buck.
            I found that the folding over of the retaining cone as mentioned above definately makes things a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
            X