TLC Air leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC Air leakage

Discovered my air is leaking from between the your skin cone and the white silicon cone, any ideas on how to prevent this?

Originally posted by Gard3nHos3 View Post
    leaking from between the your skin cone and the white silicone
    So that's where your skin is.

It might help to make sure your skin is as supple as possible by applying a sparing amount of lotion soon after you blot yourself dry out of a shower.

Make sure you cover as much of the white silicone with your skin as you comfortably can. Before applying the retaining cone, work the skin up and down a couple times to let avoidable skin wrinkles even out. After you apply the retaining cone, you might hold it by the skinny end and flare the wide end to let any wrinkly looking gripped skin slip out, so the gripped skin looks smooth.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      So that's where your skin is.

It might help to make sure your skin is as supple as possible by applying a sparing amount of lotion soon after you blot yourself dry out of a shower.

Make sure you cover as much of the white silicone with your skin as you comfortably can. Before applying the retaining cone, work the skin up and down a couple times to let avoidable skin wrinkles even out. After you apply the retaining cone, you might hold it by the skinny end and flare the wide end to let any wrinkly looking gripped skin slip out, so the gripped skin looks smooth.
      When i say the white silicone, i mean the one that goes on after the your skin cone. Not the white one that the skin touches, does that make sense? Maybe you called them cuffs or something?

{admin: right, ok. We're talking about the AIR CUFF https://tlctugger.com/product/retaining-cuff-tlc-air/ that is added over the retaining cone to keep air pressure from lifting the retaining cone.}

Comment

Can’t seem to find a solution to this issue

Comment

I just picked up and started using a TLC Air kit. The first couple of times, I experienced a similar issue. The solution I've found is to ensure the collet (stainless steel ring and screw) is really pressed down on the cones, creating some pressure on the skin gripped between the cones. I'm not sure if this will describe it well, but the easiest way I've found is to hold the edges of the inner cone and press down on the collet a bit; then tighten the screw with the cones all compressed. Coordinating the grip may take some practice.

I will note, I tend to use the TLC Air for shorter, higher tension sessions, so the extra pressure on the skin doesn't cause me any trouble. If using it for extended times, I'd be cautious with how much the cones are compressed on the skin. This has remedied any skin slipping or air leaking for me and allows me to apply as much tension as I wish. Hopefully this helps in some way!

Comment

Working...
          X