Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want a clinch strap / tensioner recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I used this setup for a couple days this past week. I like the constant tension. I'm finding that a couple hours in a device makes my skin a bit more stretched so the original elastic strap would need to re-tensioned sometimes, and this setup emilinates the need to re-tension.
    I also find myself in a seated position and sort of swinging my foot a bit to create tension "reps" similar to a workout. Just a small bit of added tension to cycle the skin, if that makes sense.
    I will end up purchasing a heavier duty retractor to use for short periods of time and filter that into my routine.

Comment

Great! I’ve biked with it on and experience those “reps” I imagine though the tension strength stays almost the same during the draw of the chord.

Comment

I feel there is just the slightest extra tug during the reps. I'm hoping it's just enough to signal the skin for progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
          For constant tension while walking I thought of using these. Different tensioner springs. Found them in various places. One is 3z. One is 8oz. And one is 13oz. I tried a 18oz one and that was like woah.. i'm returning this. To attach these to my leg below my knee or above I use these ankle gaiters i found at the army surplus store they are used to keep out ticks or to keep your pants from getting caught in bike sprockets. I slide the clip through the fabric. I face the fuzzy side of Velcro toward my skin. I use the ID badge clip or a micro carabiner to easily attach or detach.
          This is awesome!! Thanks for the links as well. I was looking for something with a more even tension through the day. I have been using the elastic strap but as others said you have to adjust it quite a bit. This looks like a solid solution. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X