Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About TLC-X issue I had.

Hello,

I used to use the TLC-X maybe 6 years ago, but I never used it much because above all else, when I would take it off, the silicon material would stick to my glans and it would be very painful when I would remove it. I was wondering if anyone else encountered this, and whether there is a remedy for it. Part of me is wanting to go back to using it to see if it targets different skin areas.

Originally posted by wrongfullycut View Post
    when I would take it off, the silicon material would stick to my glans and it would be very painful when I would remove it
    I think I've experienced that. I found if I plucked the Pusher straight away from the glans I got an intense sharp sting.

If I instead peeled or rolled the Pusher off starting from one side and working to the other, I didn't have that. It sounds time consuming or something, but it was really just flicking the device to the side instead of pulling on it.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I don't have the GLANS issue, but rather when I take the transparent retainer off, my foreskin stings due to it slowly "unsticking" on its own from the outside of the white pusher. It's nothing I can't tolerate, it doesn't seem to damage the foreskin tissue and I just assumed that was normal, but it's more of an annoyance than anything.

As far as your issue, I almost think more information is needed. Is your glans de-keratinized, making it more sensitive to things like that? It could be normal. If it's a pain that is difficult to tolerate, causes lingering pain or a difference in appearance, I would try taking a small break from restoring and then see if it happens once you continue. Maybe ask a doctor about why that may be happening if you can't seem to find a solution.

Although, I may have a suggestion for you to try: I use a moisturizer called "Clinique hydrating jelly" for all skin types (fragrance-free), but obviously there are other lubricants you can use. I sometimes apply only a rice-sized amount on the tip of my glans, which is small enough to prevent the lubrication from overflowing in the tugger device (which would cause its function to not work). I'm just wondering if you have your glans slightly lubricated if it won't be painful to remove the tugger at the end of your sessions. Have you tried something similar to this already?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikori View Post
        I don't have the GLANS issue, but rather when I take the transparent retainer off, my foreskin stings due to it slowly "unsticking" on its own from the outside of the white pusher. It's nothing I can't tolerate, it doesn't seem to damage the foreskin tissue and I just assumed that was normal, but it's more of an annoyance than anything.

As far as your issue, I almost think more information is needed. Is your glans de-keratinized, making it more sensitive to things like that? It could be normal. If it's a pain that is difficult to tolerate, causes lingering pain or a difference in appearance, I would try taking a small break from restoring and then see if it happens once you continue. Maybe ask a doctor about why that may be happening if you can't seem to find a solution.

Although, I may have a suggestion for you to try: I use a moisturizer called "Clinique hydrating jelly" for all skin types (fragrance-free), but obviously there are other lubricants you can use. I sometimes apply only a rice-sized amount on the tip of my glans, which is small enough to prevent the lubrication from overflowing in the tugger device (which would cause its function to not work). I'm just wondering if you have your glans slightly lubricated if it won't be painful to remove the tugger at the end of your sessions. Have you tried something similar to this already?
        Not dekeratinized. I have used eucerine to try to alleviate it, but it ended up the with the pusher slipping and pushing on my foreskin rather than my glans. I'd be fearful of that happening with the jelly.

Comment

Even a tiny amount of lube will go a long way. Instead of putting it on your glans, though, try putting it on the underside of the cone where it comes in contact with your glans. You just want a thin layer - enough to make it non-stick, or even slippery, but not so much that it squishes out the sides like a poorly thought-out peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Comment

The words "sting" and "stings" have been used in association with the TLC, in this thread. You have to realize several things. In order to grip the targeted skin so you can pull on it ("pulling on it" is "tension force", you have to compress it. If you don't compress it, the skin slips away from your grasp. This compressing 'grip' puts pressure on the small blood vessels in your skin. On those blood vessels are small neurons ("nerves) which fire off (due to usually to temporarily ceased blood flow), resulting in minor pain or "sting". This is simply an expected "side effect", if you will, of a compression type device (the compression happens between the cone and the inner surface of the TLC, and also as a result of the tension force pulling on skin). In other words, any discomfort (sting) is unavoidable (it happens in clinical tissue expansion (using saline-filled implanted baloons, however on a larger scale), so this sting shouldn't be considered as unusual per se. Obviously, if you experience true pain, you need to look more closely at what you are doing, and perhaps re-strategize your method and schedule.

Comment

Working...
            X