Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about TLC-X tugging

Hi Guys,

Question regarding TLC-X, it seems like it's just pulling the skins up from around my penis and scrotum as apposed to stretching the skin around the head of my penis.

After removing the device it appears to be working until the scrotum skin attached to the base of my penis pulls back, which subsequently pull down the skin around the head of my penis, returning it to normal.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this how it works??

Thanks.

That is the way it seems, so yes sounds normal and you are doing it correctly. Whether you use tape, the TLC-X, or other method that involves attaching something to your skin then pulling to apply tension, you will see the same. However, remember that the tension pulling the skin is not really the goal. the goal is to use the tension to trigger our skin cells to grow more skin. How much the skin moves and is pulled is, in a sense, just a side effect of applying tension to trigger the cells. Once triggered, the tension can be removed, but the cells still grow more skin. One way to think about it is watering your plants. You don't keep them flooded until you see growth, you just apply water from time to time, and in between, the waterings the growth happens.

If you use the TLC_X tugger's push rod to put pressure on your glans as a way of applying tension, you will see less skin being pulled up on the outside, because the inner skin will be getting most of the tension. The above still applies, of course, just on the inner skin.

Ultimately you will know if what you are doing is working because you will see more skin. Unfortunately this take s weeks to months, so you have to give it time before you can tell.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by TT90 View Post
      it seems like it's just pulling the skins up from around my penis and scrotum as apposed to stretching the skin around the head of my penis.
      I think we can't worry about where the tension appears to be acting. As we expand the whole of the skin tube, more of it will be able to be worn in a position covering the glans.

Originally posted by TT90 View Post
      After removing the device it appears to be working until the scrotum skin attached to the base of my penis pulls back, which subsequently pull down the skin around the head of my penis, returning it to normal.
      Your tugging IS working, but that will not be evidenced upon removing the device. At that moment your skin is stretched out in a temporary way. But the cumulative effect of all the time under stress will cause the normal background rate of cell divisions to speed up. The more-numerous skin cells - along with growth in blood vessels, muscle fibres, and nerve fibres - will give rise to a longer skin tube.

Let's do some calculations with realistic numbers. We know from our 2010 controlled trial that 25 men who were highly motivated and who tugged with gentle tension an average of 11 hours per day improved the forced reach of the skin tube by an average of 3mm per month. That's 3mm of inner-facing skin plus 3mm of outer-facing skin, so 6mm of new skin-tube length overall. If the skin tube's base length (while stretched) averaged 200mm, then the skin grew by 6/200 or 3% per month, again measured while stretched. The new reach in the same skin RELAXED might be 1mm - 2mm. It's a tiny thing to measure.

So you might see 1mm - 2mm of new reach per month (measured while relaxed). Let's say you manage to tug 25 days in each month, so just 0.04mm to 0.08mm of new skin-tube reach will result from each tugging day. Your tugging IS working, but that will not be in evidence upon removing the device. I recommend taking good before pictures under very controlled lighting and geometrical arrangement, and repeating that photo shoot monthly or quarterly. And log your Forced Erect Coverage http://TLCTugger.com/forced-erect-coverage/ on those same occasions.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Awesome explanations. Thanks Ron and Greg 🙂

Comment

I’m NOT a numbers guy so all of Ron’s calculations regarding FEC are too confusing for my limited understanding. Though he does an excellent job of explaining how things could be measured, math isn’t my strong suit. So for my part, I don’t give it a second thought, I just make restoration a part of my daily routine and then forget about it, then all of the sudden I’ll notice something new that I’d never previously known. For instance,
          after having restarted FR in earnest back in 9/2019, as of a couple days ago 10/2021, I’m noticing that when I pee there’s now actually enough slack skin that whenever I grab hold of my shaft near the end of my penis, my slack skin quite readily pulls forward right over my glans. It’s such a great feeling, even though some urine drops might be present, that’s not ever been the case prior with a tightly cut penis. It may be a tad messier, but heck, that’s what I’ve been working toward these past two years. I can hardly wait to have a shiny smooth glans. “A watched pot never boils”…or something to that effect.
          Tugger1

Comment

Originally posted by tuguser View Post
            “A watched pot never boils”
            Indeed, and when I was actively tugging I wasn't logging anything monthly. I just kept tugging.
            -Ron Low
            [email protected]
            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Hello Restoration Community,
              Has anyone else noticed a pinching sensation after wearing the TLX tugger for over an hour? I'm unsure if i'm just too zealous for "gainz" and i might be applying too much stretch, or is my skin just as sad as my biceps--humour intended. On a serious note, I have to re-adjust after an hour or so throughout the day. Is this normal?

-Dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

When I tug with my TLC-X with weighted danglers attached (32-36 oz total) about an hour is all I can take before my skin signals it’s time to take a break. I’m of the opinion that shorter tug times with heavier weights or higher tension works pretty well for me. I know that some restorers choose to use light tension for 4 up to however many hours of tug time. I guess it’s just my personal preference.
                Tugger1

Comment

Working...
                X