Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a TLC X but I don't have enough skin to use it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a TLC X but I don't have enough skin to use it.

I am 14 years old and have been restoring my foreskin since the middle of August. I first started out with a manual method for 15 Minutes a day, I was on vacation at that time in Europe. After return to the US I began using the T-Tape method and I think that I may have grown a little from that. I used the T-Tape for about two weeks and not a lot of time, then I stopped cause I didn't like having to put on the tape everyday, and I had convinced my mom to buy me a TLC X. It came in the mail yesterday and I tried putting it on but I just don't have enough skin for it. I really don't know what to do, I don't like the T-Tape method and I don't have a canister to do the film canister method. What am I to do. What other easy to do methods are there which I can do to get enough to eventually be able to use the TLC X. I hope there will be something that works fast.

Originally posted by Ihatecirc View Post
    I just don't have enough skin for it.

I really don't know what to do, I don't like the T-Tape method and I don't have a canister to do the film canister method. What am I to do. What other easy to do methods are there which I can do to get enough to eventually be able to use the TLC X. I hope there will be something that works fast.
    The TLC-X calls for more ​slack than the simple TLC Tugger, but if you choose the TLC-X you have the option to remove its Pusher and Rod and use it like a simple strapped or weighted tugger for a few months until you have more slack to use all its features. The interior of the TLC-X is not "glans-shaped" but your glans won't be smooshed into that space forcefully once you add strapped or weighted tension.

Obviously you can continue with manual tugs with every trip to the toilet and while waking and falling asleep.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Are you sure you don't have enough skin? What CI level are you?

Comment

Hey Ron,

I have been having a little problem with the TLC-X and covering the entire tug device of late myself. I took a break from tugged(be regrets about that), but I had had a little bit of skin regression. I was wondering, I can cover about 3/4 of the white part of the device, if I should try the regular TLC tugger since you just said "The TLC-X calls for more ​slack than the simple TLC Tugger." Can you share you thoughts? Could bad cleaning be a part of it? I use alcohol wipes to clean skin and device every time I take it off.

Thanks,
        Wonderer

Comment

I attached a photo to give visual.
          Attached Files

Comment

You have more than ample skin to use the TLC X. When putting on the device, pull your skin up as high on the device body as you can and hold it there with an OK sign type of grip. Also try folding the retaining cone back on itself. As you lowering into position flip the sides down and remove the other hand quickly all in one motion. This will allow you to trap more skin. Then even up the skin and tug. you may also want to find a rubber grommet to help hold the retaining cone in place . See attached pictures.

Comment

parsecskin, do you mean roll the to bottom part of the skin cone outwards and up toward the narrower part of the skin cone, while applying. Where can I find the rubber grommet? I didn't see in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wonderer View Post
                parsecskin, do you mean roll the to bottom part of the skin cone outwards and up toward the narrower part of the skin cone, while applying. Where can I find the rubber grommet? I didn't see in the store.
                Yes exactly. It's best to fold the cone first and find something to stick it in to hold it that way, like a pill tube, while you get the device situated. The rubber grommet can be found at any hardware store in those little drawers by all the nuts and bolts. You may have to grind down the thickness of it to get it to fit right. The correct thickness is such that when the device is under external tension, the grommet should float a bit and be loose. You don't want it to increase the clamping pressure. This works so well that mine doesn't ever slip and I don't even bother with a safety line.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wonderer View Post
                  Where can I find the rubber grommet?
                  The grommet idea depends on the geometry of the handle, which varies from device to device, and which you can't fine-tune.

TLC Tugger offers a Cuff and spacer cones https://tlctugger.com/?s=cfh&post_type=product and a collar and set screw https://tlctugger.com/product/collar...s-for-weights/ as a complicated way to clamp the retaining cone in place with more control.
                  -Ron Low
                  [email protected]
                  847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

That's not true, Ron. If you can run a bench grinder or a belt sander you can fine tune the thickness of the grommet to fit just right. That's exactly what I did and it works great and it costs less than $1.

Comment

OK...Ordered some fresh stuff from Ron. I just got them in the mail yesterday and started using today, minus the rubber grommet. I had a little slippage towards the end of the day. I bought some rubber grommets before I got home. It turns out they are too small to stop the skin cone from slidding over. I'll stop by the hardware store tomorrow and give it another try. Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X