Weight testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight testing

Over on another restoring board, one of the more advanced men mentioned using a 1 7/8" trailer hitch ball as a weight. At under $10 us, that seemed like a nicer option to see if weights work with your lifestyle. This is the USA style hitch which bolts to a coupler that goes in the drawbar, not the Euro style curved forged piece that goes in the drawbar.

I'll give him that it does do a beastly job with stretching once you get around it. Be VERY careful if you try one.

Most commercial tuggers seem to be more 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 width, and after some research i found that there's a more restorer-size version of a hitch ball.

Curt # 40093 replacement ball for a 1-1/4 inch trailer sway control. It's part of a damper system for a trailer hitch to help prevent the 'Tail from wagging the Dog'. It's shank is in a 5/8 thread with a 1-3/4 long threaded portion to add weights to.

i'm unsure if it's a stainless or a hard chrome. it's not polished, so cleaning is a more detailed event.

If you can't convince yourself if you should drop the coin on a tugging weight yet, it's a cheap experiment.
    Saying someone is "Unmutilated" is like saying "Unsweet Tea". So you mean it's just Tea, in its natural state, that nobody has screwed up? It can't be Un- anything

Originally posted by Frizzen View Post
    Over on another restoring board, one of the more advanced men mentioned using a 1 7/8" trailer hitch ball as a weight. At under $10 us, that seemed like a nicer option to see if weights work with your lifestyle. This is the USA style hitch which bolts to a coupler that goes in the drawbar, not the Euro style curved forged piece that goes in the drawbar.

I'll give him that it does do a beastly job with stretching once you get around it. Be VERY careful if you try one.

Most commercial tuggers seem to be more 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 width, and after some research i found that there's a more restorer-size version of a hitch ball.

Curt # 40093 replacement ball for a 1-1/4 inch trailer sway control. It's part of a damper system for a trailer hitch to help prevent the 'Tail from wagging the Dog'. It's shank is in a 5/8 thread with a 1-3/4 long threaded portion to add weights to.

i'm unsure if it's a stainless or a hard chrome. it's not polished, so cleaning is a more detailed event.

If you can't convince yourself if you should drop the coin on a tugging weight yet, it's a cheap experiment.
    Interesting. My trouble is, the tape seems not to like heavy weights. I wonder if I should try duct tape again...
    PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

How heavy is the weight you are using? I use a clock weight which weights 35 ounces. There is no difficulty with the tape I use. The tape used is Transpore by 3M. Over that I apply a double layer of ordinary masking tape. So far there has been no slippage. The device is worn between 1 and 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by J9+stk View Post
        How heavy is the weight you are using? I use a clock weight which weights 35 ounces. There is no difficulty with the tape I use. The tape used is Transpore by 3M. Over that I apply a double layer of ordinary masking tape. So far there has been no slippage. The device is worn between 1 and 2 hours.
        I am up to 40 ounces. But the problem is the oils from my skin. If my skin is clean there is no issue... Sometimes it is a bit of a chore, when I want to just throw on the device.
        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

I find that the tape mentioned above does a good job of holding. The masking tape is as a backup.

Comment

I'm going to try this. Ideas for how to attach weights to the threaded end of the hitch ball?

Comment

So far i've just been just using nexcare absolutely waterproof tape. The tan-ish stretchy tape.

i've been wondering about some way to go tapeless, maybe trying something like a cut down silicone funnel or toilet flapper

Roll over the ball, hold the tape slightly under tension as you apply so the skin doesn't pinch due to the curve and smash down well. If you tape all on skin it's a bit less stable, but if you tape at the rollover and get some tape up onto the hitch it gives more secure hold since it can't glide out from you. If you really want to go crazy, tape just skin, then do another layer half overlap skin and hitch.

After some adjustment time, i've actually been using the 1 7/8" hitch ball a lot more than the 1 1/4", and its really been helping with some malopposition i have at scar that can sometimes get angry.

As for attaching more weight, i haven't tried more than adding some nuts to the shanks yet. I'd found another thread about using 'ball stretcher' weights to help isolate ventral skin to help with peniscrotal webbing

For extra weight i'd probably go with something like a barrel nut, or make some kind of loop that fits over the 'neck' of hitch or secures to threaded shank with a nut. Maybe cross-drill something for using a pin?

The 1 1/4" hitch is about
              The 1 7/8" hitch is about 1.6 pounds.
              Last edited by Frizzen; 09-09-2022, 02:26 PM.
              Saying someone is "Unmutilated" is like saying "Unsweet Tea". So you mean it's just Tea, in its natural state, that nobody has screwed up? It can't be Un- anything

Comment

I posted this up in an album and it generated more interest than i expected.
                I still can't figure out how to make / pics work on this board.
                How do i post something from Album into a post? If i can't get a url from the album version, why have albums?

Trying a direct upload into message?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20220903_200922.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	713.0 KB
ID:	65471
                i dunno, whatever.
                this is way too pop-up and java to be worth it on mobile

Comment

This site isn’t the easiest to navigate I find

Comment

In the post 8 pic, it's just staying in place due to the tight scar band. BIG stretch getting scar ring over it On or Off. (With manual-stretch i can go much wider on Inner or Outer skin than at the damn scar)
                    Once skin relaxes out again, and it is easier to install/remove, i run a strip of Nexcare tape around the skin rollover, so its half on skin, half on hitch.

As it gets into fall/winter, this weight is too big & thermally conductive when the dartos muscle is trying to hug down on glans. (I still can't find the old one from couple years ago that i'd removed the mounting shank)

--
                    I'm not suggesting anybody try this. I don't know what you were left with. I do not know your goals. For the still cheap but less crazy, maybe try a 'sway-control hitch' which is more like 1" and add a stack of nuts that fit the shank. Or any of the countless devices made specifically to do the job.

With large things like this, installing it's a thing of put against glans, push inward toward pelvis, roll outer skin up over ball as far as possible. Start to slowly work skin back toward normal position so that scar climbs over the ball and settles at a fairly normal POE. It's not tapered to work with you. Don't try to be a hero.

It needs some kind of lube that's good for your skin. Emu oil, cocoa butter, custom blend of 13 herbs & spices... I dunno, if you're far enough along to try it, you've got something around.

Expect it to take about as much time getting something like this back OUT of your skin as it took getting IN. If you need to pee suddenly, it's gonna be a bad time.

It will swing, but moment of inertia isn't as bad as you may think.
                    It can knock into stuff, with your skin getting smashed between things.
                    It will hurt if it drops out and lands on your foot.
                    Be careful

1 7/8" trailer hitch = 1.875"
                    Golfball = 1.68"

--​

Comment

I did use the 1.78 inch trailer hitch ball. I couldn’t get it all the way into my foreskin but close. Very hard to get it to hang and stay there. I’ll try it again and see if I can get it all in and stay . It was a great stretch
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Frizzen. I experimented with weights and inflation + weight as well as starting out with a CAT IIQ. After a period of 18 years and reaching the age of 76, I consider myself restored. However, I do sometimes tug or inflate for an hour or so for old times sake. The tugging and inflation system I made up was based on a tuba mouthpiece. This had a diameter of 1.75" at the widest point of the cup. I made weights from metal objects of the right shape filled with lead. Before pouring the lead I positioned a piece of copper pipe worked to take up the same shape as the lead pipe of a tuba so that the mouthpiece fitted exactly and would hold tight just by natural friction. The heaviest weight I wore was 4lb including the mouthpiece. The weights were pee-through and all had a cord attached fastened to my belt in case they fell off. I have attached pics of the 4 pounder and also a shot of me wearing it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow that looks ominous !!!

Comment

Cool idea woody, but 4 pounds sounds a lot excessive

Over the years I'd heard a lot of guys talk about using Tuba and Trombone mouthpieces. Since i don't play those, i don't understand the size variations to know what to ask for in a music store

Comment

Cool idea woody, but 4 pounds sounds a lot excessive

Over the years I'd heard a lot of guys talk about using Tuba and Trombone mouthpieces. Since i don't play those, i don't understand the size variations to know what to ask for in a music store
                              Frizzen

The 4lb weight is not in use for more than 20 minutes at a time. Occasionally I still enjoy the feeling of tugging or inflation and am not following any regular regime having restored all the coverage I need. You could not wear anything as cumbersome as that 4lb weight and leave the house! As far as the mouthpieces go, second hand ones are available on ebay. A simple guide is the bigger the brass instrument, the bigger the mouthpiece that powers it. There are even plastic ones available for players with an allergy to metal and metal plating on their lips.

Comment

Working...
                              X