Max safe weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max safe weight

What is a realistic max tugging weight ? According to Advanced Products they say 17oz but I kinda wonder about that. I noticed other companies selling far more. I realized it will partly depend on how active you are and how long you wear the device.

Originally posted by Nthehood View Post
    What is a realistic max tugging weight ? According to Advanced Products they say 17oz but I kinda wonder about that. I noticed other companies selling far more. I realized it will partly depend on how active you are and how long you wear the device.
    The way to find out would be to test a few specimens to their failure point. Any volunteers?

Sometimes for government projects engineers will use a safety factor. This sounds fancy but it's taking a fraction of the failure stress and calling that the working stress. The factor chosen depends on a few things. Like if weight of the engineered part is critical - like for fuel efficiency - and a failure is not the end of the world a factor of 1.5 or 2 might be used for the design.

Assuming a safety factor of 3 we say a TLC Tugger should never be used with more than 6.5 pounds of force, but that's because we've tested the tugging handle briefly with a 20-pound pull, not because we think your skin can handle that kind of gripping pressure.

When I use weights I hover around 8 ounces.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I am wearing my XL PUD as I type this message and love it! It weighs approx 18 ounces and I wear it a lot on the weekends. It is just a bit too conspicuous for wear at work.

I also like to hang weights from a retainer when I have the privacy. Such as while working from home and I can just let hang out under my desk while I work. I have a few pics in my profile of how that works. Depending on how ambitious I am feeling at the time, I'll hang either my 2KG weight or put all 3.5KG on the hook. Usually, this 7.7+lbs will hang for an hour or so before it works itself loose. The 2 KG (4.4 lbs) will hang on indefinitely as long as the skin is clean & dry. The biggest problem I have found wearing this much weight is irritation of my scrotum since I like to hang it over the waistband of my briefs.

Comment

Originally posted by TuggingNLA View Post
        I am wearing my XL PUD as I type this message and love it! It weighs approx 18 ounces and I wear it a lot on the weekends. It is just a bit too conspicuous for wear at work.

I also like to hang weights from a retainer when I have the privacy. Such as while working from home and I can just let hang out under my desk while I work. I have a few pics in my profile of how that works. Depending on how ambitious I am feeling at the time, I'll hang either my 2KG weight or put all 3.5KG on the hook. Usually, this 7.7+lbs will hang for an hour or so before it works itself loose. The 2 KG (4.4 lbs) will hang on indefinitely as long as the skin is clean & dry. The biggest problem I have found wearing this much weight is irritation of my scrotum since I like to hang it over the waistband of my briefs.
        I've worn a max of 17.5 oz if I know I won't be very active while at work using the Supercanister. It's discrete enough no-one knows but the I wear coveralls. Additionally I do not wear underwear so the waistband is not an issue (LOL). On average I wear 12.5 oz but I vary the weight depending on how active I expect to be.

Comment

That’s heavy …

Comment

12.5 oz is the sweet spot for me. I've tried 16 oz but it cuts off the circulation and causes discomfort within the hour. With 12.5 oz, I can basically wear it as long as I want and I almost forget it's there. I also like using a rubber band between the device and the weight because the rubber band asks as a shock absorber of sorts.

Comment

Weight vs Time.

Heavier weights will need to release tension and take breaks sooner.
              Lighter weights can let you go all day.
              Too Light and you aren't actually doing anything.
              Too Heavy and you're starting hurting yourself, building more scar and resistance to stretching.

Tension release is a helpful for mitosis that the cells need to be able to contract a little as part of the process for dividing to make more cells.

Medical tissue-expander skin expansion studies i've found only go as far as saying the Maximum tension is around 'manageable discomfort' , with good blood profusion return. (While tensioned, squeeze blood out, skin turns whiter / release pressure, skin returns to normal color in couple seconds.)

It'd be great if we could put together a couple tests with some guys to do something like: measure skin, spend 3 months wearing 'X' weight for 'Y time' break 'Y time'... measure skin. Then like change to 'Z' weight for same 'Y time' intervals, measure, and try another 3 months, measure...

Restorers are mostly loners, so there's not likely to be a big sample size willing to test this.
              Saying someone is "Unmutilated" is like saying "Unsweet Tea". So you mean it's just Tea, in its natural state, that nobody has screwed up? It can't be Un- anything

Comment

Originally posted by Frizzen View Post
                Weight vs Time.

Heavier weights will need to release tension and take breaks sooner.
                Lighter weights can let you go all day.
                Too Light and you aren't actually doing anything.
                Too Heavy and you're starting hurting yourself, building more scar and resistance to stretching.

Tension release is a helpful for mitosis that the cells need to be able to contract a little as part of the process for dividing to make more cells.

Medical tissue-expander skin expansion studies i've found only go as far as saying the Maximum tension is around 'manageable discomfort' , with good blood profusion return. (While tensioned, squeeze blood out, skin turns whiter / release pressure, skin returns to normal color in couple seconds.)

It'd be great if we could put together a couple tests with some guys to do something like: measure skin, spend 3 months wearing 'X' weight for 'Y time' break 'Y time'... measure skin. Then like change to 'Z' weight for same 'Y time' intervals, measure, and try another 3 months, measure...

Restorers are mostly loners, so there's not likely to be a big sample size willing to test this.
                I wouldn't mind helping collecting data, the problem is patronizing the used equipment, here in my country the dollar are high against the national currency, so buying a "brand" product is out of reality, and you would have to multiply these by at least some hundreds to have a good and solid statistical analysis pool that can get rid of the "human factor" of the experiment.

As I see the only real way to do it would be with particular funding, which is unlikely, as there is practically no commercial interest in foreskin restoration due it's less urgent nature

Comment

when one applies a weighted piece to their device-
                  is it (obvioisly) best to be fairly stationary?

Comment

Originally posted by sementics View Post
                    When putting them? Yes. While wearing them? No

Comment

hahahaha ok get that
                      but are you walking around with a weight swinging from your junk?

Comment

Yes of course. It can only swing so much under my pant legs

Comment

Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by sementics View Post
                            Being stationary will 1) make it easier to conceal the device and 2) reduce likelihood of it accidentally coming off.

Brisk walking + heavier weight will make the device swing, to the point where it will become fairly obvious even under loose sweatpants. This isn't an issue in a private setting but I personally wouldn't wear a weight in public (e.g. grocery store), unless you're an exhibitionist and want the staring, in which case have at it. I have managed to tug with a weight while mowing the lawn though. I figure the swinging and flopping would only be visible if a neighbor was at the window and closely staring at my junk. It's also not a big deal if the device slips and lands in the grass.

Otherwise, walking slowly and deliberately will also reduce the weight swinging. But never to the point of total concealment. You can always tell it's there.

I find tugging with weights to be most effective when doing housework or cooking. I get the best results when standing. I've tried the so-called torpedo system that lets you sit while wearing a weight and find it's not quite as effective as gravity pulling straight down.

Comment

It all sounds like a lot of fun

Comment

Working...
                              X