Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Told I Needed One at Age 18 to Treat My Phimosis, Filled With Regret Instantly, Need Help Getting Started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told I Needed One at Age 18 to Treat My Phimosis, Filled With Regret Instantly, Need Help Getting Started

When I was born, my father wanted me to be circumcised. My mother however, eyeing the barbaric chopping board with fear, refused to put me through such pain at such a young age. As I grew up and became acquainted with the world, as well as the internet, I took pride in the fact that I was intact, and that I would never have to put myself through something like that. But as the years went on, and it became evident that I was unable to pull back my foreskin, I began to worry. I went to my general practitioner when I was 18, and asked about it. He gave me the news I was afraid of.

Phimosis.

Not only that, it was a severe case as well. My heart sank as he directed me to a urologist who was experienced in circumcisions. I booked an appointment with him, and sure enough, the words I had long dreaded hit my ears. "I highly recommend that you be circumcised," I had been convinced that there was nothing I could do. After all, why would I think that there were other options available to me? He was a well known doctor with 20 years experience, and he had assured me that there was nothing else I could do, and that had I not done anything, it would affect my life later down the road. He filled my head with the prospect of urinary infections, higher risk of contracting STD's, penile disfiguration, potential infertility, and so on. I don't blame him for telling me these things, nor do I blame him for not telling me there were other things I could attempt, as I know those risks were not fabricated, and I genuinely believe he did not know of any other truly 100% effective methods of treatment. He is a doctor after all, and they work to fix problems immediately, putting more emotional issues on the back burner.

Needless to say, I went through with the surgery, and needless to say, I instantly regretted it. Not only was it an exceptionally painful process, which afterwards made sexual activities less enjoyable and more difficult, but it was also just wrong. It just didn't look like mine anymore. There is a sort of grieving process I feel that goes into losing a part of your body, and let's be honest with ourselves, as men, what's the most important part of our bodies to us?

I have done a lot of research into this, and I've finally decided to go through with foreskin restoration. I know that foreskin restoration can never truly, completely replace what has been lost, such as the many nerve endings that accompanied it, but I don't care. I just want it to look normal again.

I'm a very shy, introverted person, and I don't typically post anything online, especially nothing this personal. But I'm taking this risk because I know that there are people out there who feel the same way about this that I do, and that are willing to help. I recently purchased my first TLC Tugger kit, (The one that comes with the tugger, retainer, and day and nighttime straps) which is currently on hold and being processed. In the mean time, I'm looking for more experienced people out there who are willing to give some tips and tricks to beginners like myself. Any and all help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I hope to get more involved with this community, and look forward to hearing back from you all soon.

Welcome! I think you will be quite happy, both with the look and the improved feelings. You will have a much better sense of how the feelings change than I, as I was circumcised as an infant, so have no memory of how it felt before circumcision.

Regards

Comment

Hi atomicat, welcome to the forum.

Originally posted by atomicat View Post
      I went through with the surgery, and needless to say, I instantly regretted it. Not only was it an exceptionally painful process, which afterwards made sexual activities less enjoyable and more difficult, but it was also just wrong.
      I'm sad to hear that you finally went through with the surgery.
      You mention you were circumcised at the age of 18, but how old are you now?

In my opinion, there are 3 things you can do right now, being practical, in order to recover as much as possible of what was lost: Tug, tug and tug.

What I mean is that you can start your restoration right now and get committed to it for the following few years. Yes, it takes some time, depending on your age. I would recommend you to start by following these steps:

1- Evaluate your current status, i.e. your level of coverage. There are a number of indicators such as the Coverage Index, Real Coverage Index or Forced Erect Coverage percentage.

2- Start a personal progress tracking log or gallery with pictures and comments. One option is to start a progress gallery on this forum, which is only visible to registered users. Other option is to keep your progress info privately on your phone/tablet/computer.

3- Update your progress gallery from time to time (e.g. every month) with new pictures, comments and measurements. This will keep you motivated and encouraged, even if the process will take long. If you do it online (a progress gallery here) you'll be able to receive feedback from other members, which is always a good thing.

4- Start with the method(s) you prefer. I would start with manual methods, in order to get used to tugging and to know how your skin responds to tension. Since you bought the TLC tugger, you can also use it, provided that you have enough slack right now. If not, you can start using the device at a later stage.

5- Make tugging form part of your daily routine, just like brushing your teeth. Many people tug while at home for a number of minutes/hours with manual methods or devices, many people tug at work/high school/university with a device, provided that you can easily make a trip to the toilet to remove & reapply the device in case it becomes uncomfortable or painful.

I'm a very shy, introverted person, and I don't typically post anything online, especially nothing this personal.
      That sounds familiar to me. Don't worry about that, you came to the right place. On the forum you'll see many of us sharing pictures of our penises, sharing our experiences, and you'll receive good advice.

So, don't look back, what is done is done, and start your journey today!
      Last edited by Allie2k14; 02-05-2017, 05:50 AM. Reason: typos
      From Madrid, Spain. Restoring with T-Tape, Manual, TLC & TLC-X since Jan 2014. Started as a CI-2, currently between CI-4 and CI-5 depending on the day.

Comment

Welcome dude. I too was cut as an adult and fully remember what it was like to be intact. You will be amazed at the improvement from restoring. It's not quite as good as our original, but it's WAY better than nothing and definitely worth the effort.
        On a side note, do you realize most cases of phimosis can be fixed by stretching the opening without cutting? And if cutting is required (rare) , relief cuts can be made without removing anything. there is a statute of limitations, but if it hasn't been too long, I would suggest contacting David Llewellyn of www.arclaw.org. They specialize in circumcision lawsuits. Sounds like your "doctor" didn't even attempt non surgical treatment first. Just because he wasn't aware of alternative treatments doesn't get him off the hook. It's called MALPRACTICE and his insurance carrier will bear the cost. So typical. Sue the shit out of him! That the only thing that will force them to get educated on this issue.
        Last edited by parsecskin; 01-30-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Needless to say, I went through with the surgery, and needless to say, I instantly regretted it.
          Hey there, man. It's tough to look past, but, the sooner you come to terms with your reality, the sooner restoration will take place. For some of us, more than others, the psychological benefits are key to reaching whole restoration; for others it's the physical (aesthetics) that really do it for some - even the tactile sensations. It is a very personal AND amazing experience. I am at the point in my restoration where my dick is so thick feeling. Now, all I want to do is tug at the skin!!!

In my case, though, the psychological aspect and physical appearance are foremost. Sensation is actually secondary to myself.

Durig the process you could mark any part of your shaft with a permanent marker, and then see just how far up that mark goes weekly, monthly, what have you. Luckily for me, I have two hair follicles that serves as such. They need to be at the base of my dick whenever I am flaccid. Every day I make small progress! Being creative really does help to stay motivated. I bid you good luck to your journey. You can do it, and, welcome to the forum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayowindip View Post

Durig the process you could mark any part of your shaft with a permanent marker, and then see just how far up that mark goes weekly, monthly, what have you. Luckily for me, I have two hair follicles that serves as such. They need to be at the base of my dick whenever I am flaccid. Every day I make small progress! Being creative really does help to stay motivated. I bid you good luck to your journey. You can do it, and, welcome to the forum!!!
            That's a good idea, however even permanent marker will eventually wear off. I have a zipper track scar that was near the base of my shaft (yeah, it hurt) from when I was a kid and when I pull the skin forward it's almost at the end now! Proof that this DOES work.

Comment

I have done a lot of research into this, and I've finally decided to go through with foreskin restoration. I know that foreskin restoration can never truly, completely replace what has been lost, such as the many nerve endings that accompanied it, but I don't care. I just want it to look normal again.
              Welcome to the forum, atomicat.

You will be pleased to know that the Texas man, who drew and posted the manual tugging methods drawings to the web, once told me in a private email that, as well as he could recall, he got it all the feeling back. He said that if there were any kind of deficiency, it is minuscule in relation to the big picture.

This man was circumcised at 14 years of age, and restored in his thirties. He did acknowledge that he had he did have some difficulty remembering how it was when he was 14. However, he thought what he had as a restored man in his thirties was very similar to what he had when he was 14.

David
              World As Monkey Island

I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
              I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

and he had assured me that there was nothing else I could do, and that had I not done anything, it would affect my life later down the road. He filled my head with the prospect of urinary infections, higher risk of contracting STD's, penile disfiguration, potential infertility, and so on. I don't blame him for telling me these things, nor do I blame him for not telling me there were other things I could attempt, as I know those risks were not fabricated, and I genuinely believe he did not know of any other truly 100% effective methods of treatment. He is a doctor after all, and they work to fix problems immediately, putting more emotional issues on the back burner.
                I can't let this pass without comment. I DO blame this urologist for filling your head with nonsense that influenced your choice. UTI risk indeed! There has never even been a study that found a protective benefit to circumcision against UTIs for adult men. Even Wiswell's pro-circ advocacy pieces in the 80's were restricted to infants.

Urologists (at least in the US) are almost all surgeons. They makes their money by cutting. Heck, if you go to them they assume you want cutting! By pressuring you into it, he was looking out for his number 1 concern, his personal profit, at your expense. There's really not much more to it than that.

I hope restoration is able to bring you some peace and some part of the functionality you lost.
                Visit my restoration progress journal.

Comment

Working...
                X