Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

27, ready to start restoring, but no idea how to start given my situation.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 27, ready to start restoring, but no idea how to start given my situation.

    Hey all,

    First and foremost, Happy New Year and I hope you all have a great 2018. With that said, let's get started:

    I am the victim of a botched circumcision. By that, I mean that my pubic skin/hair is pulled halfway up my shaft on the top, all the way up to my scar line on both sides, and 3/4 of the way up the shaft from underneath the scar line. I have posted some pictures. Here is the link: https://imgur.com/a/Xg4sT

    My initial goal is to get my penis looking like a normal, circumcised penis. Once I get to that point, I will begin restoring the foreskin to a full restoration.

    My big questions are the following:

    -What techniques should I do, given that the skin comes up literally to my scar on both sides?

    -How long each day should I perform the techniques? (I work from 8-5:30 each day, so I can't do anything throughout the day)

    Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it!

  • #2
    You look to be within the normal range of circumcisions to me. And you have the benefit of having a relatively large amount of inner skin, so some would be envious.

    You have a number of choices as to method. choose one that fits your lifestyle. Manual is always a good choice, nothing to buy, nothing to wear, simply tug a few times a day for a few minutes each time.

    Taping is a tried and true method, and is cheap. But there is stuff to buy and keep around, and tape is not so easy to remove, so spontaneous activities may be a bit inhibited.

    Devices and inflation may require a bit more skin, hard to say for sure.

    For any method, you do not have to wear it while you are out and about. Many have found that just 20 minutes, once or twice a day is fine. I am doing that currently, I tug while eating my breakfast and dinner. The key to tugging is to trigger cells to grow more skin. Trigger being the important concept. Once the cells are triggered, they go through a series of physiological processes that result in more skin, independent of further tension. So pick a method and schedule that works for you, and see how that goes. Expect that you will have to experiment a bit, especially with tension. I always recommend starting with low tension, so low you don't think it will be effective, until you get used to doing this.

    When you have this sorted out and are ready to experiment with tension, try a given tension for a month or so to see how well it is working. If you are making progress, stick with that tension and keep on tugging. That is the general idea, ask further questions as they come up.

    Regards

    Comment


    • #3
      The test for whether you can tug with a tapeless device is can you force your skin to roll forward and temporarily cover the glans - while nudging the glans back as needed, and covering only while you hold the skin.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by greg_b View Post
        You look to be within the normal range of circumcisions to me. And you have the benefit of having a relatively large amount of inner skin, so some would be envious.

        You have a number of choices as to method. choose one that fits your lifestyle. Manual is always a good choice, nothing to buy, nothing to wear, simply tug a few times a day for a few minutes each time.

        Taping is a tried and true method, and is cheap. But there is stuff to buy and keep around, and tape is not so easy to remove, so spontaneous activities may be a bit inhibited.

        Devices and inflation may require a bit more skin, hard to say for sure.

        For any method, you do not have to wear it while you are out and about. Many have found that just 20 minutes, once or twice a day is fine. I am doing that currently, I tug while eating my breakfast and dinner. The key to tugging is to trigger cells to grow more skin. Trigger being the important concept. Once the cells are triggered, they go through a series of physiological processes that result in more skin, independent of further tension. So pick a method and schedule that works for you, and see how that goes. Expect that you will have to experiment a bit, especially with tension. I always recommend starting with low tension, so low you don't think it will be effective, until you get used to doing this.

        When you have this sorted out and are ready to experiment with tension, try a given tension for a month or so to see how well it is working. If you are making progress, stick with that tension and keep on tugging. That is the general idea, ask further questions as they come up.

        Regards
        I've tried a device years ago, but the lack of skin on the sides where the pubic hair reaches the scar made it impossible to not expand that specific skin. Is there a manual exercise I can do, which targets the sides? That way I would be able to grow some skin in those areas, create a separation from the scar line, and then i'd be able to actually use a device...right?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by botchedcirc13 View Post

          I've tried a device years ago, but the lack of skin on the sides where the pubic hair reaches the scar made it impossible to not expand that specific skin. Is there a manual exercise I can do, which targets the sides? That way I would be able to grow some skin in those areas, create a separation from the scar line, and then i'd be able to actually use a device...right?
          Well, I had very little inner skin. But I wanted to grow inner skin. So I used tape strips, in part because I could minimize the amount of skin trapped under the tape, and could still get a grip on the inner skin. Here is a write up of what I did:

          http://www.restoringforeskin.org/ima...llustrated.pdf


          What I found was that the skin that grew appeared to be only that closest to my scar, where I was trying to get skin to grow. Perhaps you could do something similar, either with manual or tape, possible even with a device, though my experience with grippers is that it is quite difficult to arrange the skin precisely with a gripper.

          And, you can take comfort knowing that even if you do grow more skin that has some hair, the hair will become more sparse (spread out) as what we do does not increase hair follicles, so the issue will become less of one over time. Plus there are many ways to deal with hair if you don't want it.

          Regards

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Reality

            Why don't you want to expand "that specific skin"? If it's because hair makes it uncomfortable, then either pluck (preferable) or shave that skin. Just make sure you wash it afterwards. Plucking is preferable because it can eventually kill some of those folicles.

            If you don't want to expand that skin because you are worried about causing more hair, then that won't happen. Hair folicles don't expand, only skin will. You eventually get more skin, but not more hair. You work with what you have, and virtually everybody has what it takes, in terms of a penis covered in skin, which will eventually expand to the point that you can create a temporary tube to cover the corona, the glans, and beyond if you choose.
            I want to focus that specific skin due to sensitivity. Pubic skin vs shaft skin are vastly different when it comes to sensitivity. I'd even argue to say the areas of my penis covered with pubic skin are about 90% less sensitive than my shaft skin. And at the moment, that skin covers more than half of my penis' surface area.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Reality

              Hmm. I think what you are saying is that to you, your pubic skin feels "different" from your shaft skin. You didn't actually say "more sensitive", so I have to go with "different". You'll have to give us more information in this (the printed word is difficult to communicate in).

              If you meant more sensitive, then you need to know that the actual penile shaft skin is no different in expected sensation when it's compared to your pubic skin, and the reason is, the same neurons lie beneath both areas. In fact these areas are only distinct from each other because we gave them names, not because the are truly different in sensation, or the type of skin. The skin itself is continuous.

              HOWEVER, penile shaft skin is different from pubic skin in several specific ways. But these differences lie under the skin, and essentially under the nerves (which produce sensation). One difference is: penile shaft skin has less fat tissue under it, than does a typical area of pubic skin. But it also has a thin layer of smooth muscle under it, which your pubis does not. Would the thicker layer of fat tissue under you pubic skin cause a perceived decrease in sensation? Maybe. There's always some variation from one guy to the next, so who's to say.

              But the 'take away' in all of this is, penis shaft skin was never meant to be all that sensitive to begin with. Except for that thin smooth muscle layer, it's just skin; no real difference in type. (Shaft skin does have a part to play in penile pleasure, but it comes more from the brain's interpretation of the low level sensation, than from the skin (and nerves) itself).

              And just to make sure, at this point I'm wondering, you aren't including the old inner foreskin mucosa on your shaft, that was left after circumcision, are you? It doesn't sound like it, but I have to ask. Some guys call this dried mucosa "skin", but it is very different, and much more sensitive, even in a dried state; certainly compared with your pubic skin

              But here's the thing, don't worry about it, just tug, and you will eventually get what you want. And feel all the sensation your tissues were designed to produce. Any skin (not mucosa) on your shaft which is expanded will have some sensation; not significantly more than, or significantly less than, your pubis. I understand your concern. but I don't think that you will eventually notice a difference (certainly not in the years it takes to see results).
              That’s a great point. Which method do you feel would be best to start with?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Reality

                Manual. It's always best to begin with manual. This method gives you a sense of what your are doing, and how to fit what you are doing into your day. It gives a sense of schedule, in other words. Beyond that, any method which places cycles of tension on shaft skin (and mucosa if you choose that at the beginning) works just fine.
                I know there are a few manual methods. Any specific one you think is best? And how long per day?

                Comment


                • #9
                  When in doubt, just use your hands. Hands can accommodate every penis's unique needs.
                  I use all the methods, along with some I came up with myself. Learn the basics and then experiment to find what works best for you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Many have found that just 20 minutes, once or twice a day is fine. I am doing that currently, I tug while eating my breakfast and dinner. The key to tugging is to trigger cells to grow more skin. Trigger being the important concept. Once the cells are triggered, they go through a series of physiological processes that result in more skin, independent of further tension.
                    Is this an accurate statement? I'm not sure on the process, but why do people tug all day? Do those individuals see improved results or not?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The oral mucosa is the fastest turnover in the body for starters, especially for damaged mucosa, but stimulation from trauma may be different from a constant stretch. I know from orthodontic treatments that a constant pressure is applied to get the teeth to move where you want and one can expect great results anywhere from 6 months to 2 1/2 years and the amount of mobility achieved is amazing. Bone stimulated by stretch i'm sure has different properties than skin, and to translate that to the epidermis would have different factors for stimulation and biodynamics.
                      The amount of time for stretch-stimulation on the epidermis, though should be approximately 20 minutes? I think most people are under the assumption of the "constant-stretch" model (hence why I brought this up) and are misinformed, like you stated.

                      This is a really cool study on the oral mucosa (attached)- it explains mechanical stress on rete-peg (rete-ridge) formation. For those versed in biology, this is a very valuable study. Need to get back to studying for my class tonight, but this is a quick find from my library that offers some good research. Pay particular attention to the MMP's (matrix metalloproteinase) because this molecule, come to find out, is released from physical force stimulation and are also thought to play a major role in cell behaviors such as cell proliferation, migration (adhesion/dispersion), differentiation, angiogensis, apoptosis, and host defense. I will likely do more research on the stimulation of these proteins to see if there is a way to speed up mitosis (safely without any neoplasm risk, although this cannot be completely avoided, even in daily tugging mind you).

                      If there is a similar/same protein in epithelial stretch/force stimulation, I would be very interested to find/read an article about it.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you have something to say, don’t “chatter” about my posts, put your argument out there and let’s discuss like educated people (assuming your educated- you use big words... oooo, ahhhh). This isn’t my first rodeo with science and I can pick apart a study just as fast as you, but if there is something else to the story that someone doesn’t understand, educate them instead of bantering down at someone because they wish to understand more and better the future of tugging.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by admin View Post
                          The test for whether you can tug with a tapeless device is can you force your skin to roll forward and temporarily cover the glans - while nudging the glans back as needed, and covering only while you hold the skin.
                          I can usually do what is described above. Given that what tugging method should I start with first.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cajundude View Post

                            I can usually do what is described above. Given that what tugging method should I start with first.
                            The method that best fits into you lifestyle and you are most comfortable with. There is no best method, from the reports we have, they all work. the key is to do whatever you do regularly for a long time. Choose a method you will stick with and make it routine, like brushing your teeth or something.

                            Regards

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ques. for greg_b & ur article on creating the silicone device u used in some of ur restoration. What's the difference (s) between ur created device and the DTR or TALK devices?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X