16 yo & wanting to research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 yo & wanting to research

Any advice for a high school kid who wants to research restoring his foreskin?

Originally posted by Jason 16 View Post
    Any advice for a high school kid who wants to research restoring his foreskin?
    www.restoringforeskin.org Its a great resource. Read the entire website.

Comment

I would suggest that you could wear a tapeless tension device https://tlctugger.com/tlc-tugger-or-tlc-x/ plenty of hours per day without impinging on your school schedule at all. You would probably want to wear a retaining cone https://tlctugger.com/your-skin-cone/ during all non-tugging hours including school.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Google. Lots of google.

Comment

I disagree. If a kid has researched this issue somewhat and wants to learn more, this is a great place to come. The whole scenario behind circumcision is unjust. Thomas Jefferson once said" If a law is unjust a man is not only right to disobey it, but obligated to do so." The best time for a guy to restore is when he's young. Fuck the system!

Comment

Nice spin. My point is that by witholding information from a curious mind is NOT "protecting" him, it's setting him up to obtain incorrect information that might actually hurt him. The "protection" you speak of should start by giving boys the same "protection" girls are afforded as set forth in the 14th amendment. This very provision makes forced circumcision on a minor ILLEGAL to begin with. If this were enforced these kids would be intact and not even be here in the first place! We WILL end this nightmare by ANY means possible. Even some "not so legal" means. To beat these predators you have to get dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality
              And I can't advise "lots of google" because of all the crap and nonsense out there regarding so-called foreskin restoration, some of it decidedly harmful, and of course unprotected.
              That's why I said *lots* of google... Have to cross-reference everything you read and see multiple perspectives in order to distinguish the useful information from the bullshit.

As for age, I think it's irrelevant in this particular endeavor since it's a personal, solitary activity that doesn't involve anyone but one's self. But that's not for me to decide, so I'll leave it up to the righteous folks who know what's best for people they've never even met before. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                Nice spin. My point is that by witholding information from a curious mind is NOT "protecting" him, it's setting him up to obtain incorrect information that might actually hurt him. The "protection" you speak of should start by giving boys the same "protection" girls are afforded as set forth in the 14th amendment. This very provision makes forced circumcision on a minor ILLEGAL to begin with. If this were enforced these kids would be intact and not even be here in the first place! We WILL end this nightmare by ANY means possible. Even some "not so legal" means. To beat these predators you have to get dirty.
                This.

Much of what I was taught growing up turned out to be harmful bullshit, which I would have known if the internet existed back then.

And yeah, sometimes doing what's right and obeying the law are not the same thing. My intact friend's dad physically defended him from being circumcised as a baby. Probably got in some trouble for manhandling the doctor, but if you have to break the law to do the right thing, so be it.

(just make sure you really are doing the right thing... that last statement is often abused by arrogant, self-righteous assholes)

Comment

And that sounds exactly like a 16 year old, doesn't it.

Think of the members here who have an obvious poor understanding of what's reasonable, in method or result, all with the attendant nonsense you can read on a forum. You've already stated that this whole thing is only social for you. Apparently it isn't for him. He wants information. You told him to 'go over there' (my quotes). We can do better than that. We can give him some general information, but it should pass the test for a conservative, ie general explanation, with legality in mind. Under those constraints, we can be that resource. It's not "social", it's helpful. And for that age range, that's it.

Here's the thing: the OP came here to "research", whatever that means. Parsec gave him a link; reasonable except for the terms of useage, so you'd have to say, maybe the owner has some insight (like I said, that's up to the owner). Ron gave him a how to, and you gave him carte blanch to god knows where, with god knows what information, thinking after the fact that he has to have all the ability of analysis that someone older, with more experience than he has, to make that work effectively, let alone in a protective way. If I had to vote, I'd go with parsec's post, not yours, because at least the information is decent. See?

The argument that he'll find something reasonable with "lots of googling" using an adult's determination as to what's "reasonable" (my quotes), when he clearly isn't an adult legally, and it isn't up to us to determine if he's able to understand anything having to do with restoration; or the argument that 'he's gonna learn it on the street, otherwise' which is an argument again relying on the powers of experienced analysis ....they both fail for the obvious reasons (although parsec's is better than yours). This is why I'm advocating for an inserted conservative message which explains what restoration is in a general way. A simple explanation, NOT 'how to', not a "go over there", but a non committal, canned response, with the cautions described. One caution is his age. This protects us, and him. If he wants more information, that's up to him; we've already done what we can do for A MINOR.

As I usually say, this isn't my website, so if it gets put under a legal spotlight for some reason, I don't have to answer to the law. My stance is clear. But I have to answer to basic ethics, by expectation and a personal preference. So I do. A canned response lives up to that.
                  The ability to distinguish fact from fiction is a skill which you're never too young (or too old) to start learning. And you cannot learn it any way except to just get your ass out there and start building experience. You *will* make mistakes and *will* get had by bullshit many times along the way, but that's how you learn. So whether you're 16 or 61, don't be afraid to explore and experiment. It's good for you.

But like I said, I leave it up to the righteous folks who know what's best for people they've never even met. I wouldn't dare defend a young man's freedom to choose what's right for himself.

Comment

Well said Krag. But why wouldn't you defend a young man's freedom to choose what is right for himself? If he's having difficulty doing so he obviously needs help. I will always help someone who really needs it, regardless of their age. Like your friend's dad beating up on that predatory doctor who was literally out for blood. (If you want to hear the story of what I did to my surgeon once I figured out I was sold swampland, PM me).

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                      Well said Krag. But why wouldn't you defend a young man's freedom to choose what is right for himself?
                      That was a sarcastic reference to all the left wing SJWs, right wing bible thumpers, and armchair experts who think they know what's right for everyone. ;-)

Comment

Ahh! Righto!

Comment

So I ask again, don't people like you see their own arrogance, not to mention their own small reflection, when they try to call someone a name which they themselves clearly have just been? How blind do you have to be to do that? Don't think you have? Just go back and read what you've posted. Are you totally gone as an effective resource for this forum (or maybe just not that great an intellect)? If it's all about "social" for you, then you've lost some standing even in that limited area, haven't ya. You've as much as said "F you" to the kids here. Your little buddy Rico will give you a pixeled pat on the back, but do you think anyone else will, and mean it?
                          I think I've mentioned my giant ego several times in past posts. Maybe you can go find one and copy/paste it here to prove I'm full of myself?

In any case, if suggesting that someone trust their own discretion over some anonymous person on the internet is what you call "thinking I know what's best for him"... well, you're one a hell of a mental gymnast.

Egotistic as I am, I don't think I've ever claimed to be an expert on anything. All I do is encourage people to think for themselves, and that gets right under the skin of the true armchair experts who cannot tolerate having their self-appointed authority undermined.

I will admit though, it is a dangerous game encouraging free thinking. Perhaps he'll freely think his way into believing circumcision is a good thing. If that happens I may wish I'd have told him what's best for him, lol.

But it doesn't matter anyway. He appears to have left. Hell of a welcoming committee we are.

Comment

You guys are PA-FUKKIN-THETIC! For fucks sake, drop it already.

Comment

What happened to the Reality who was raged out because I "spoon fed" someone the other day?

And parsec, why don't you join us? It's fun! Go on a rant and tell us how we're both full of shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X