No announcement yet.

New restoration member here ;-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Seán300. You asked about tug tension. I used conventional T-tape with about 0.75kg got with strained elastic strap down to foot level.
    Tormod

Some of you may have had occasion to run into mathematicians and to wonder therefore how they got that way - Tom Lehrer

Comment

Hey. I tried yesterday to apply the dtr with few washers and I noticed that I couldn't bear it as long. after 2 hours I started feeling some stinging/paresthesia sensation. Today I tried it with less weight and I could bear it even less time- half an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean300 View Post
        Hey. I tried yesterday to apply the dtr with few washers and I noticed that I couldn't bear it as long. after 2 hours I started feeling some stinging/paresthesia sensation. Today I tried it with less weight and I could bear it even less time- half an hour.
        My experience is that longer periods of tension are not any better than short periods. The amount of tension is the important thing. Whether you can wear it comfortably for 2 hrs or more or not is only helpful if you want to wear it for long periods. Think about how long manual tuggers keep tension on. Think about how a trigger works. The theory we are working under is that tension triggers a series of physiological processes that result in more skin. Once those processes are triggered, the rest is like watching grass grow.

Get the amount of tension optimized for growing skin and you can make things a lot easier on yourself, which you have implied is important to you. For example, I apply tension for only 20 minutes, twice a day. I do it while eating my breakfast and dinner. Nothing to do other than that. In my experience, it doesn't get much easier than that.

YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post

My experience is that longer periods of tension are not any better than short periods. The amount of tension is the important thing. Whether you can wear it comfortably for 2 hrs or more or not is only helpful if you want to wear it for long periods. Think about how long manual tuggers keep tension on. Think about how a trigger works. The theory we are working under is that tension triggers a series of physiological processes that result in more skin. Once those processes are triggered, the rest is like watching grass grow.

Get the amount of tension optimized for growing skin and you can make things a lot easier on yourself, which you have implied is important to you. For example, I apply tension for only 20 minutes, twice a day. I do it while eating my breakfast and dinner. Nothing to do other than that. In my experience, it doesn't get much easier than that.

YMMV
          I hope that few hours of high tension is equal for less tension for longer period. Because I always see people talk about 8 or even 12 hours. Btw, currently I am using about 250 gr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean300 View Post

I hope that few hours of high tension is equal for less tension for longer period. Because I always see people talk about 8 or even 12 hours. Btw, currently I am using about 250 gr.
            You do not have to hope. You can find out for yourself:

Tug at low tension for long periods for 3 months or so, evaluate your progress.

Then try short periods of higher tension for 3 months or so.

Compare progress between the two, and you will know. If you can't tell, then either repeat, or accept that they are the same.

BUT, more importantly, I am NOT saying short periods with HIGH tension. This is important, so pay attention. I am saying that time is largely irrelevant. The key is using the right amount of tension. Optimal tension. Optimal does NOT equal high or low. It is the best tension for you to grow skin. If low tension works best for you to grow skin, use low tension. But I will argue that you do NOT need long time periods of tension. let me try saying it this way:

Use low tension for long or short periods, it will be equally ineffective or effective. It all depends upon whether "low" tension is effective for you to grow skin. No one knows what "low" is, what "high" is. All we have to go on are the ambiguous words we read on here.

How do you find the optimal amount of tension for YOU to grow skin?

Well, you might just stumble upon it. Many do. You might causally try things and find something that seems to work and keep doing that. Never change a winning strategy, eh?

Or, you can, by systematic and thoughtful experimenting, find the optimal tension. To do that, you need to be able to do two things. First, keep tension at the same amount every time you tug. Second, see progress when it occurs. If you can do both, then all you need to do is:

Try a given amount of progress for 3 months or so and judge progress.

Try a second amount of tension for 3 months or so and judge progress.

Which was better? Are you happy with your progress? Keep doing that.

Not happy? Can't tell which was better?

Try another tension level for 3 months or so and judge progress.

Keep experimenting until you know what level of tension is best for you.

BTW, 3 months is no magic number, the length of time needed for each trial is simply enough time to have confidence that you will see progress if it occurs. Use whatever amount of time works for you. I think 3 months is enough to give you good confidence that you will see progress if it is occurring. But you may find less is adequate. Or more. It depends upon how sensitive you are to judging progress.

Regards

Comment

LOL

Of course, this begs the question, what would "results" look like? Does anyone on this forum know? (parsecskin, stay out of this for a few beats, let the newbies answer). Let's have a Reality check.

Do you think it would be more skin tube? If you do, you'd be wrong. That's not short term proof that something is working. And hey...... all you "it's gotta be hours" guys, why don't you know what the physical proof is. What "proof" do you base your nonsense on?

Think about it, wouldn't any discussion about what you would see, when a change in method or schedule is working, be important to you? How the hell can you tell if something is working in the short term? Why is this 'short term results' thing always missing from discussion here. How the hell do you talk about one half of the picture, and consider the discussion done, and............convincing. I know the answer to that: you don't have a clue, because you don't see it, and you didn't read it somewhere.

Distalero was the only member of the old forum to describe what short term results look like, and not a single person ever acknowledged it then, either. Makes you wonder. Lot of talk, no description (but then it's all about talk, isn't). Those members had no idea, and you'd think they'd know sooner or later. Were they actually tugging? Were they the slap-in-on-and-forget-about-it (for "hours") types?

To my memory, only one person on this forum, other than yours truly, referred to the physical proof of short term results. Yep, physical proof, something you can see, something you can touch, proof that you're on the right track. This proof is never described in any way by the newbies who say they've reached some "success". This is how you can tell they are totally FOS. They avoid any actual description, but gee they'll tell you they "know" it's working.

We only talk convincingly about what we have personally seen and experienced. Commonly here nowadays, that isn't important. What's foremost for the social types is clueless, "supportive" and completely meaningless "talk" with no substance. Actual information is mocked.

I'm referring to one of the very basic facts in tugging on shaft skin, ie the first evidence that what you are doing is working. What does that look like when your skin has actually added to itself?
              Last edited by Reality; 03-13-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Ok parsec, tell us, what does a restoring guy see (after the many months it takes) that indicates short term results?

Comment

Uh......a wrinkly weenie?

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin

250 grams! Holy FUCK! That's 9 fucking lbs! You're gonna rip your weiner off! Are you training to pull a train with your dick?
                    Not quite, assuming he is using the normal grams we know and love. More like 0.5 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post

Not quite, assuming he is using the normal grams we know and love. More like 0.5 lb.
                      LOL "the normal grams we know and love" made me laugh. Apparently engineer-wannabes use their own grams.

And, the image that immediately went through my mind was that old photo of Dr James Haughey hanging a gallon of (milk? water?) from his device. I'm bettin' you remember that.

Comment

My bad. It's 9 ounces. A little out of practice with grams since I stopped selling weed in college. Total brain cramp. I was on Jupiter at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post

LOL "the normal grams we know and love" made me laugh. Apparently engineer-wannabes use their own grams.

And, the image that immediately went through my mind was that old photo of Dr James Haughey hanging a gallon of (milk? water?) from his device. I'm bettin' you remember that.
                          Now THAT is about 9 pounds!

Comment

Hey. A little update here: I have been progressing nicely with the wights. I increased it gradually everyday and now I can bear about 450gr=1 pound for about an hour. During the day I do cycles of about an hour, then a short break when it starts to be a bit painful. Btw after I take the DTR off, I notice that the bottom of the glans became abit blue colour - seems because of lack of blood supply? Is it normal?

Comment

No. You should not be turning blue. Try a little less pusher pressure and less time. Also, make sure you've got a good, even application and pull out as much excess skin from under the retaining cone as possible so it's laid out nice and flat - no bunching. You may not have quite enough skin to use a DTR. Just because you can get it on doesn't mean you can use it properly. Typically the DTR is most properly used at CI4+.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                                Ok parsec, tell us, what does a restoring guy see (after the many months it takes) that indicates short term results?
                                Reality, I’m new to the forum. I have been restoring for many months though. Anyway, could you elaborate on the true indicator of short term results?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X