Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions from a Beginner

Hey guys!

I'm new to Foreskin Restoration, though I've been thinking about it and researching it a bit for a few months now. I have read a few things on this forum and I have a few questions to ask as a beginner:

1: What is the best way to find a restoration method that works for me? I've read enough on the forums and know enough about restoration to not ask "What is the best way to restore?", but what is the best way to find a method and routine that will yield good results for me and be convenient? This will probably involve several tries, though I do feel that it might be easier for me to just find something that works and stick to it (pun fully intended). What do you guys think?

2: I don't have much skin, where to start? I believe I may be on the lower end of CI2 meaning I don't quite have enough skin to use a device. I might even be CI1 (though I've never had painful erections, which is why I think I'm CI2). The two main ways I see of starting would be tape methods and manual methods. I've pretty much discarded the canister tape method as, from what I've seen, it would take way more skin than I have (and it looks like it would hardly take less skin than a TLC, for instance). That leaves T-Taping and Manual. I've tried manual before, but it seems a bit hard to figure out just exactly the right positions, how much tension to put on the skin, and how much tension you're exerting at any particular time. Do you guys have any tips? Which method would you use.

I guess that's about it.

Gill

Welcome! Good questions.

1. Think about how you like to do things. Do you like to tinker? Like to set things up and forget about them? Like to do things spontaneously? Have sex at odd moments? Masturbate multiple times a day? In other words, how will a given method fit into your life? You will need to be doing this on a daily basis more or less, so you need something that you are comfortable with and will do.

Then read about the various methods. See which one seems to fit the above criteria best, and give it a try. You can always change, so don't let perfection be the enemy of progress. And, many start out with cross taping, if they are happy with tape methods, and get familiar with the routine for a week or so before moving on to something that will work long term. Others start with manual, another very easy way to get started that is very safe as well, then either stick with it, or try another method. Manual is a fine method and can take you all the way, but it is not for everyone.

2. If you do not have enough skin to use a device or inflation, then your choices are typically tape methods or manual. There are many variations on taping beyond t-tape, for example here is what I have used for most of my restoration:

http://www.restoringforeskin.org/ima...llustrated.pdf

Regarding manual, don't over think this. All you need to do is apply tension. It is pretty intuitive, and positions etc are pretty flexible. And, you need to be just as good at getting the tension right with all methods, nothing magic about manual needing the tension to be just so. In fact, I would argue that getting the tension optimized for you to grow skin is the single most important thing you need to do. Doesn't matter what the method is. doesn't matter how long you apply tension for, really, but it does matter that the tension is optimal.

To find the optimal tension, you need to try some tension amounts and experiment. Observe progress. then you will sort it out.

I started out with cross taping. After a week or so, went on to the canister method. But, after a skin tear, devised the method I linked to above. that worked great for a long time, most of my restoration, actually. Recently I have moved to inflation, and the convenience is very nice.

Regards
    Last edited by greg_b; 03-22-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I was cut extremely close with no inner skin left and I had blisters whenever I had sex, so initially, I had almost no skin to stretch at all.
      My starting point was to use the T-Tape method which I found reasonably convenient for everyday use but tricky to apply until I got used to it.
      It certainly worked for me and I gained enough skin to be able to try other methods such as weights.
      I have just found this link which pretty much shows the system as I remember it.

Good luck in your restoration journey and I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. greg_b, your method looks interesting, although I won't be able to do it for a variety of reasons. I think manual is the best option for me starting out. I started seriously doing manual stretching yesterday. Any additional hints would be welcome. Gill

Comment

Working...
        X