A few questions from a beginner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions from a beginner

Since I'm a beginner with foreskin restoration, naturally I'd have a few questions on how to restore most effectively.

I've noticed that some people prefer to tug manually, while others use a device. While both of these methods "tug" the foreskin, the devices apply tension over a longer period, while manual tugging applies tension over a shorter period of time, but people manually tug several times per day. Given that some people have had success with manual tugging alone, it seems that the amount of time spent taut does not have a great effect on the rate of skin growth. Since I don't have a device yet (and probably not enough skin to use one anyway), I'm sticking with manual method 2 for now, and I'd like to know if there are any optimal parameters (tugging force, amount of time spent holding the skin taut, frequency of tugging per day) that stimulates the most skin growth.

I am well aware that foreskin restoration is a long, slow process that takes years to complete. I'm starting out at a CI-3 right now. Is there any way to measure progress at this stage, and see if my tugging methods are effective? I have around 1.5 inches of inner foreskin already, so almost all of my work will be expanding the outer shaft skin. I'm nowhere near achieving rollover, so I was wondering if there are any visual ways to see progress at this stage. I assume the shaft skin will just become more and more wrinkly at this stage, since it doesn't really have any place to go yet.

My current method right now is to get an erection, grip my penis with both hands in an OK sign, pull them apart just enough for the skin to get taut and a bit shiny, and hold that for about a minute, and then release. I do that about 5 times in each session, and I usually end up doing 3 to 5 of these sessions per day.

I think you are getting off to a good start. Keep up what you are doing, and Never Give Up.

Comment

1. There is no proof that devices apply tension "over a longer period". That's an assumption on your part, and on the part of people who favor devices. What devices actually provide is convenience, ie you can wear them in situations where manual is perceived to be ineffective because it's seen as inconvenient. At work, as an example. But that's a perception, only (see point #3).

2. In fact, you have to readjust the tension on a device. There is no such thing as "constant tension" or anything that approximates this, not for us. Using a strap with your device can produce cycles of tension, which seems to be the optimal way of tugging. Scientific research into various aspects of skin expansion revealed that cycles of tension were the only effective method. So a device, in conjunction with the flexing of a strap, is probably the optimal way of using a device. I say "probably" because there is no science to what we do, therefore, no confirmed fact.

3. You can in fact tug manually at work. It requires going into the restroom, and using a stall where you can simply tug manually. Manual methods also produce cycles of tension. There is the feeling that manual methods will "spot" tension a specific area. In fact, this isn't needed, but that aside, you can do this if you choose.

4. You are correct, the amount under tension isn't the pivotal issue. Cycles of tension are. On, then off; not some sort of attempt at a longer "on".

5. If you search the posts on this forum, you will find discussion on what the finished guys have called the "right" amount of tension, or, the "sweet spot" of tension. This is a feeling, not a quantified amount of tension. You have to experiment over time to get a sense of this feeling. So...no numbers, just subjective sense. Tugging is not science, it's an art. If you are familiar with Art, you will know what is being referred to with this word. This applies to how long the "on" should be. Again, this is subjective, and skilled.

6. "Progress" is measured in the following ways: after what seems an inordinate amount of time, you will see one or several tiny wrinkles in your shaft skin. This is the only physical evidence that what you are doing is working. You are stimulating your skin to add a few cells at a time, on the microscopic level. "Wrinkles" are the first macroscopic evidence; evidence you can actually see. You will accumulate more and more wrinkles. Those wrinkles, in time will become fatter, and co join.

Of course the other way of determining evidence of results, is to look at how far your loose skin can be rolled down with no force applied, ie resting skin. This will happen years from now. Not months, but years.

7. Your method as described sounds appropriate, as Rifleman has said. Just continue on. Endurance in this process is everything. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
        5. If you search the posts on this forum, you will find discussion on what the finished guys have called the "right" amount of tension, or, the "sweet spot" of tension. This is a feeling, not a quantified amount of tension. You have to experiment over time to get a sense of this feeling. So...no numbers, just subjective sense. Tugging is not science, it's an art. If you are familiar with Art, you will know what is being referred to with this word. This applies to how long the "on" should be. Again, this is subjective, and skilled.
        I'd just want to add to this that any "right" amount should be less than "too much" tension. You don't want to pull hard enough to risk tearing the skin. Different people have different thresholds of pain; there may be those among us who can tolerate what might be painful for others, not to mention that people have varying ideas of what feels "right."

There's a limit to what the skin can take. I don't think anyone here can claim to know exactly what that limit is, so our best bet is to play it safe. What I've told people in the past is to simply pull the skin taut.

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post

I'd just want to add to this that any "right" amount should be less than "too much" tension. You don't want to pull hard enough to risk tearing the skin. Different people have different thresholds of pain; there may be those among us who can tolerate what might be painful for others, not to mention that people have varying ideas of what feels "right."

There's a limit to what the skin can take. I don't think anyone here can claim to know exactly what that limit is, so our best bet is to play it safe. What I've told people in the past is to simply pull the skin taut.
          Good point. The loose definition (because there really isn't an "official" definition) of "sweet spot" and of "right tension" implies that there isn't any pain involved. But sometime implication isn't enough direction, so "no pain" needs to be repeated

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

Since this is all about cycles, that leads me to believe that for example, tugging 6 times in a session, holding for 10 seconds each would promote more skin growth than tugging 2 times, holding for 30 seconds each. I guess I have to just experiment with this. Everyone's skin is different, so what is optimal for someone else's skin might not work well for me.

I'm also looking for an alternative to method 2 that is easy to do without an erection. I only want to focus on outer skin right now so I can even it out to where the scar line is at the front. The way my penis seems to work is that sometimes I'm really in the mood and can get an erection just by looking at it, and I really take advantage of this to get some quality tugging time in, but other times, I have so much trouble getting erect that I spend 5 minutes jacking off and still be flaccid, and it's not easy to tug when your penis is completely limp.

Comment

Working...
            X