I'm new to all this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to all this

I'm sorry if I am posting something that's already been posted. I just received my DTR device. I think my CI is 1 to 1.5 judging by some pictures. I have some questions......

1. Is there a video on the correct way to put this device on?

I ask because I am able to put it on but I am not sure if I'm going to be stretching the skin correctly. I read someone's post on here stating that one should be stretching the skin from the midshaft or scar forward. When I have been able to apply the device I have to use the push rod to push my glans in to get my loose skin to rollover onto the bell which allows me to unroll the gripper on top of the skin. The tension feels like it's being applied lower on the shaft. I have read that the skin I want to be stretching is from the scar forward or midshaft forward.

Could someone explain if this is correct?

Hate to burst your bubble, but at a CI 1-1.5 you do not have enough skin to use the DTR or any device really, except maybe the canister method or advanced devices super canister. So, all is not lost. You can always do manual method #2 until you grow enough skin to use a device. Typically you need to be in the CI3 range to use a device so that it fits properly. For the DTR you should be at least a CI4+. Just because you can get it on doesn't mean it fits properly. You want to tension skin as close to the scar line as possible. So do some manual for a while.

Comment

In fact, you can use a device if you can apply tension to shaft skin. Period. Simple, right? If you can do that, then you are good to go. Here's why this is true:

You will need more shaft skin. This is a fact. Most of the skin which makes up the so-called skin tube you will eventually accumulate, will be shaft skin. This is true because what you need is additional skin which you can roll down into that tube shape.

Later (much later) you can bias your old inner foreskin, aka mucosa (the tissue on the distal side of the scar), if you choose to do this. So you are not in a position currently, and will not be in a position in the near future, to worry about where you place tension, as long as you are placing tension on shaft skin. If you don't have enough shaft skin to use a device, then you can use a manual method. This is true, has always been true for the decades that guys who tug have been active, and will always remain true.

So if somebody is telling you that you have to be subtle in your approach, somehow, that is false, better known as clueless bullshit. You will get clueless bullshit from other newbies here, so beware, and use your critical thinking skills. What I'm saying to you is, you can start now, either with a device (if that device places cycles of tension on your shaft skin) or with manual. Couldn't be simpler.

Comment

When I started out, I had very little inner skin, say 1/4 inch. My skin was tight, with no movement when erect. My goal was to have complete flaccid coverage all the time, with inner skin on the inside, outer skin on the outside, and the scar at the opening. To do that, I felt that it would be best to be able to precisely apply tension to the scar line. I developed this method, which has worked very well:

http://www.restoringforeskin.org/ima...llustrated.pdf

With the tape strips, it is easy to apply the tape so that the tension is wherever I want it to be, relative to the scar line. At least it was, though as my restoration went along, my scar has faded and become so diffuse it is almost impossible to be as precise as I was years ago. Of course, I have enough skin now that I am not as worried about being so precise now.

After many years, and with a lot more skin, I switched to inflation. I use baby bottle nipples to create a gripper. With the gripper, I find it very difficult to precisely align the tension in relation to the scar. On the other hand, I have so much skin ow, that I am not worried about it. I figure that the varied placement will average out over time.

To your specific question, if you want to precisely apply tension, manual and taping seem to be the best methods. You can easily see where you are applying the tension. Grippers, at least for me, seem very imprecise. That means you have to consider how important you think the ability to focus tension is. This means that first you need to consider your goals. If you just want to grow skin, and which type is grown is not a big deal, then use whichever method seems to be easiest to do for you. This is a long slog, and you have plenty of time to make adjustments as you go.

How yo apply tension and how it feels, will vary by method. But there is no big deal about getting it just so, all you need to do is grow more skin than you have now. Apply tension to pull the skin in the area you are trying to expand, done.

If you want to be precise, then my suggestion is to use tape or manual, at least for now. Then you can talk about, and achieve, growth with more precision on exactly what you are growing and where. You still won't really be able to be that precise in the actual results, we only have partial control over this process, but you will at least have the confidence that you are doing the best you can to be precise.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
          When I started out, I had very little inner skin, say 1/4 inch. My skin was tight, with no movement when erect. My goal was to have complete flaccid coverage all the time, with inner skin on the inside, outer skin on the outside, and the scar at the opening. To do that, I felt that it would be best to be able to precisely apply tension to the scar line. I developed this method, which has worked very well:

http://www.restoringforeskin.org/ima...llustrated.pdf

With the tape strips, it is easy to apply the tape so that the tension is wherever I want it to be, relative to the scar line. At least it was, though as my restoration went along, my scar has faded and become so diffuse it is almost impossible to be as precise as I was years ago. Of course, I have enough skin now that I am not as worried about being so precise now.

After many years, and with a lot more skin, I switched to inflation. I use baby bottle nipples to create a gripper. With the gripper, I find it very difficult to precisely align the tension in relation to the scar. On the other hand, I have so much skin ow, that I am not worried about it. I figure that the varied placement will average out over time.

To your specific question, if you want to precisely apply tension, manual and taping seem to be the best methods. You can easily see where you are applying the tension. Grippers, at least for me, seem very imprecise. That means you have to consider how important you think the ability to focus tension is. This means that first you need to consider your goals. If you just want to grow skin, and which type is grown is not a big deal, then use whichever method seems to be easiest to do for you. This is a long slog, and you have plenty of time to make adjustments as you go.

How yo apply tension and how it feels, will vary by method. But there is no big deal about getting it just so, all you need to do is grow more skin than you have now. Apply tension to pull the skin in the area you are trying to expand, done.

If you want to be precise, then my suggestion is to use tape or manual, at least for now. Then you can talk about, and achieve, growth with more precision on exactly what you are growing and where. You still won't really be able to be that precise in the actual results, we only have partial control over this process, but you will at least have the confidence that you are doing the best you can to be precise.

Regards
          Thank you sir, this is some good information. Looking back at the coverage index and my penis I think I am a CI-2.5. The foreskin bunches near my sulcus a bit but doesn't touch to corona yet. So I will try the DTR with just the bell and the rod that allows me to use some kind of tension at the end and strap to my leg until I get some more skin growth. I like your creativeness and I am going to construct one following your instructions.

Comment

Working...
          X