Hai! New restorer here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hai! New restorer here

Greetings! I'm Yoshijk, a 22-year-old from a hole-in-the-wall town in northern California.

I was circumcised at birth, and didn't even know it was a thing until I was 16. When I first heard

about this "circumcision" I thought it meant the removal of the glans. Yeah, pretty scary. I'd be asked

by my cut friends if I were cut too, and I'd reply "no way!" Later on though, I began to notice that

some penises were very unlike my own, that there was all this loose skin at the ends and I couldn't

see any glans. My curiosity had me researching quite a bit, and then I found out about what had

happened with me, what's missing from my body, and what I was missing out on. I was very angry

with my parents for having that done to me. I confronted them about it, and found out that my father

wasn't cut, nor did he like his foreskin, and that my mother believed in the cleanliness of

circumcision, hence why they both were for cutting me as a baby.

It's been some years since then, but I still haven't forgiven them completely because of the

traumatizing, emotional stress it's caused me to witness guys with "uncut pride" and such, making me

feel very alien and out of the loop, not to mention cheated out of a natural birthright. Whenever I hear

someone mention how much his foreskin means to him, or how so-and-so likes uncut genitalia far

more than cut, I die a little bit on the inside. I've felt like I'm not a whole man because of it, and that

there's nothing I could ever do about it, all because my parents were, 22 years ago, so insecure about

something so trivial and silly.

More recently though, through googling out of bored curiosity, I came across the TLC Tugger website.

Very interested by the concept, I read through many of the texts, watched all of Ron's videos, and

suddenly, I felt an exhilarating rush of excited hope.

"Can this be real? Could I really regrow my lost foreskin? Wow!"

...At least that's how I put my feelings into quotes. The feeling of hope I have is actually beyond

words for me, to imagine the possibility of feeling like more than just a fraction of a man.

In the next month or so, after I save a few bucks, I'd love more than anything to invest in my own TLC

Tugger and start recovering from the terribleness!

I'm a CI size of two, but I'm not exactly sure where I should begin with the hardware and such. Does

anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and for any suggestions!
    Last edited by Yoshijk; 02-04-2016, 08:02 PM. Reason: CI

I went straight for the tlc tugger at CI2 but you might want to start with manual tugging or cannister tape method for a few months.

Comment

I don't have a whole lot to say except that I share a lot of your story-- circumcised at birth, believed that it meant amputation of the glans, from a town in Northern California (PM me your location if you're interested in exchanging that information), resentment toward my parents, and a sense of having something pointlessly taken away from me. I suppose the chief differences are that my father is circumcised (Jewish) and I haven't and will not confront my parents because I don't really wish to damage my relationship with them. I also don't feel any sort of resentment toward intact men, which you seem to suggest you feel, though I understand that feelings are very complicated. I think that our similarities outweigh our differences, though.

​So I just wanted to say hi, best of luck, and if there's any way that my proximity to you might help, just shoot me a message or reply to this thread.

Comment

Welcome Yoshijk, you have come to the right place. At a CI 2 you should have just enough skin to use a device. Go for the TLC X. It's way more versatile than the standard one and you can use it without a tugging strap. If at first you find it difficult to put on, try removing the pusher all together. This will allow your glan s to be partially inside the device allowing more skin to be rolled up on the tugger body.
        I assume you and your father are of Japanese descent? They don't practice circumcision in Japan, so I find it strange that your father doesn't like his foreskin. What doesn't he like about it? I bet he's been socially conditioned to think being cut is "normal" . so many guys in the U.S. believe that circumcision is cleaner and prevents infections. This is false. I know, I was cut as an adult and know the difference, it's HUGE! If I had know then what I know now, I would never have done it. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, no matter how stupid or trivial they may seem. No one here will ridicule you for simply not knowing something. That's why we're here.....to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by eeeee View Post
          snip
          The feelings are rough, aren't they? Good that you don't want to ruin your relationship with your parents though; I just have more extreme feelings I suppose. Thanks for the luck wish!

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
          snip
          Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions! I think I definitely will invest in a TLC-X for myself then.
          Actually, my father and I are Mexican. He is quite impressionable though, so it's likely that popular foreskin opinion is the culprit behind his feelings towards it.
          Yeah, those "circumcision is clean" claims are nonsense. Regrowing my foreskin ought to be a nice eff-you in the face of circumcision though!
          You had yourself cut as an adult? Did you regrow it after your feelings changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshijk View Post

The feelings are rough, aren't they? Good that you don't want to ruin your relationship with your parents though; I just have more extreme feelings I suppose. Thanks for the luck wish!

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions! I think I definitely will invest in a TLC-X for myself then.
            Actually, my father and I are Mexican. He is quite impressionable though, so it's likely that popular foreskin opinion is the culprit behind his feelings towards it.
            Yeah, those "circumcision is clean" claims are nonsense. Regrowing my foreskin ought to be a nice eff-you in the face of circumcision though!
            You had yourself cut as an adult? Did you regrow it after your feelings changed?
            I am currently in the process of restoring. I was cut over 20 yrs ago and only discovered restoration about 3 yrs ago after watching old Howard Stern show re runs on YouTube. He had Ron from TLC Tugger on there with a full display of the process. This sparked my interest and curiosity, so I researched the crap out of this issue and was shocked at what I discovered. That's when I decided to restore and become an intactivist. In addition to restoring, becoming an intactivist is one of the most important things we restorers can do. People like myself who have experienced the difference are few and far between. I actually KNOW the difference. Educating expecting parents and saving a child from this barbaric practice makes you feel real good. This shit has to stop.

Comment

snip
              Ah I see. Well definitely continue tugging, and I'll put forth my same opinion to anyone I ever know who will be expecting. I hope we can all put a legal stop to this nonsense some day for sure!

Comment

Welcome to the journey, the road is a long one, sometimes so long you may question if it's worth it, but from everyone that I've encountered who restored, it's said to be worth it.

I want to say this but with the utmost respect, for your own sanity, you might want to consider working towards letting go of the negative feelings towards what happened to you and your views with your parents. My parents also choose circumcision for me at birth. My mother is very ignorant and immature towards circumcision (often saying stuff like, "Well I don't know why you would want it to look like something from the sea or an elephants trunk". Honestly you will drive yourself crazy trying to change ignorance. I think the best approach is to simply say, "It's my body, I don't appreciate what you allowed someone to do to me, but because we will never see eye to eye on this, there is no sense in arguing it with you." And let the conversation end there.

I had a lot of feelings towards circumcision and how barbaric it is, and don't get me wrong I still do, but I'm telling you the best thing you can do is try to look at it in a positive sense that you are correcting something about your body that you did not like. The next best thing you can do is to educate others on how it's wrong to violate someone's personal rights. The way that I've found to have the most impact is to compare circumcision to female genital mutilation - it's wrong (and illegal) to do that to a woman, it's equally wrong to do that to a male. Any time somebody rebuts this I just say, "Because circumcision is not illegal, the best and most ethical thing you can do for your child is wait and let them decide what they want to do to their body - you making that decision will mean that you're okay with violating their human rights and will likely only damage your relationship with them at some point. I implore you do research the topic, I can almost guarantee that you'll agree with me once you do." It wasn't right that your rights were stolen from you, but as long as you carry negative thoughts about what happened, the situation has power over you. I read a quote one time that goes like this:

"It all starts and ends in the mind. What you give power to, has power over you."

I feel like that is a fitting quote for this situation. I think you have every right to be upset about what happened in your past, but working on letting go will make your restoration a lot more enjoyable. Good luck on your journey, like I said, it's a long road, but thanks to communities like this, you've got a lot of brothers travelling this road with you.
                If I know one thing in life, The fastest way to success is through consistency. Thinking of stopping / need some motivation? PM me.

| DTR | Starting; CI3 | Current; RCI4 |

Comment

Originally posted by V33S View Post
                  snip
                  Thank you. I do understand what you mean about letting go of the feelings. I've been, for a long while, working towards complete forgiveness. It's not logical to cling on to the feelings because, as you said, will damage only me. I think though, the feelings are in the current state of mind, that hopefully down the road once I've made some progress towards coverage that my feelings will make much more drastic changes for the better.

You're right about ignorance as well. My mom was apologetic when I informed her, but my dad didn't really care. Ignorance is something that bothers me too much, and because this ignorance is from my dad, it bothers me even more. I just try to not think about it too much, and I don't talk to him much anyway, so I've been doing a lot better since I moved away.

I do realize the road to coverage will be long, but so long as I can find ways to make my device as comfortable as I can, I'm sure I'll persevere! Thanks again for your words of encouragement

Comment

Good for you man. You have the right attitude. You re young enough that it should go relatively quickly. You re so lucky to have the internet as it is today. It is such a wealth of information. 22 years ago when I got cut, I didn't have that resource. If I did, I never would have done it. It sucks your dad isn't more sympathetic towards your situation. You would think he would be, being intact and all.

Comment

Good for you man. You have the right attitude. You re young enough that it should go relatively quickly. You re so lucky to have the internet as it is today. It is such a wealth of information. 22 years ago when I got cut, I didn't have that resource. If I did, I never would have done it. It sucks your dad isn't more sympathetic towards your situation. You would think he would be, being intact and all.
                      I couldn't imagine life without the internet as we know it @[email protected]

And he probably isn't more sympathetic because I don't think he likes his own. I gathered hints that he doesn't like it because of the typical opinions "it's weird" and "unclean and gross" et cetera. He tried telling me once that it doesn't really matter one way or another, but I know that's nonsense. It doesn't really matter to me anymore anyway. I'm going to restore myself and feel pride and self-worth C:

Comment

Welcome! It will be well worth it. I am now at CI 8.
                        View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

Comment

Originally posted by Going Hooded View Post
                          Welcome! It will be well worth it. I am now at CI 8.

Thank you! And good for you. When did you start, and what CI did you start at?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshijk View Post

Thank you! And good for you. When did you start, and what CI did you start at?
                            CI 0. As soon as I started puberty erections were causing my testicles to be forced back into my body. Very painful. Foreskin isn't optional. I went online, searched, found out about foreskin restoration and started restoring that evening. This isn't to mention pleasure returning to the glans of my penis.
                            View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

Comment

Originally posted by Going Hooded View Post

CI 0. As soon as I started puberty erections were causing my testicles to be forced back into my body. Very painful. Foreskin isn't optional. I went online, searched, found out about foreskin restoration and started restoring that evening. This isn't to mention pleasure returning to the glans of my penis.

Zero, wow. I couldn't imagine how awful that must be. That's aggravating to think about, to think a doctor would do such a terrible job at such a terrible practice. Double whammy. It's super awesome that you did what you did and achieved such a great goal. I look forward to doing the same, and feeling more in my tip, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X