Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Community w/ Questions

Hello,

I am new to the community, and restoring is something I’ve considered for years. Shame and pain make it a difficult thing to address. Anyway, I have a few questions.

First, I’d say that I am a CI-2, no frenulum, and I am thicker than most. My glans are large too, but probably about right for my girth...

1) I’ve considered not restoring and hoping on regentiive medicine advances. Although it’s likely to be several years, I sometimes lose optomisim. Has anyone mentally navigated this? I’d like to hear your thoughts.

2) Because of my girth, is it likely that even fully restoring won’t allow my skin to cover my glans when flaccid, on its own? Does that require surgery (not interested)? I can find peace in several years of restoring, but if the skin will just bunch under my glans, I think I’d be disappointed...

3) General recommendations? I can do the manual 2 method pretty easily, but because of my internal dialogue, I lose faith. I just wish it wasn’t so hard to understand expectations.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the show! Here's my 2 cents on your concerns. (BTW I was cut as an adult, so I have a unique perspective on this)

1) Don't wait for Foregen! You'll be dust by the time they get their shit together, start restoring now. IF they ever do perfect the procedure you'll be that much further along and they will be able to use more of your natural skin. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE A TEST SUBJECT ON THIS!!

2) NOT TRUE! If you restore and stick with it consistently and faithfully you will grow enough skin to stay permanently covered. Remember, what you are trying to replace is a piece of skin that is 15-20 square inches! That's a 3x5 card size minimum. While a larger glans DOES present an obstacle for skin to roll over with lesser amounts of skin (I'm in the same boat), when you DO have more skin that very same large glans will actually help keep the skin in place better. But you have to grow enough skin. Also, once you have enough skin to stay covered, your inner mucosa will become slightly tacky and this too will help keep the skin in place. The frenulum really doesn't do much in this regard. What does, is having enough skin to go past the end a bit where the cooler temperature will make the dartos muscle layer contract into a nice pucker. DEFINITELY NO MORE SURGERY ONCE WAS
    ENOUGH! Keeping with it wins the prize!

3) CI 2 is a good place to start. I started at a stupid tight CI1 and am now at the "hump stage" tetering on CI 4. This is the most time consuming and frustrating stage of the whole process, especially for guys like us with larger glans. Manual 2 is a very effective method, but it is inconvenient. You should consider a device to use as well. The TLC X is a good versatile option. If at first you don't have enough skin to use it with the pusher, you can remove it all together and use just the tugger body with a strap until you have grown enough skin to use the pusher.

Is a restored foreskin as good as an original? No. But it IS worlds better that nothing and if you see it thru, it will be good enough to fool a doctor! I'm not there yet, but from guys I have talked to who were cut as adults or teens and have completed restoration, the general consensus is that it is 70%-80% as good. THAT is worth doing.

I hope this little pep talk has answered some questions and motivated you! KOT! (Our mantra, "Keep On Tugging")

Comment

1. I have no hopes for the regenerative medicine advances. You can wait several years for it to come and end up waiting forever. It may never come. I honestly don't think the demand is high enough for the amount of research and development and approval that would be required. Especially if you consider the possibility of routine circumcision going out of fashion at which point the technology would be practically useless.
      But even if we assume that the technology comes really soon, in the next couple years, what's the negative of tugging in the meantime? The worst possibility I can fathom is that you have a new fake foreskin and then you go have it replaced by a more real one. And also, the new thing that is coming WILL be a surgical procedure. Whichever way you go, restore in the meantime or not, they will be surgically restoring you. Any way you cut it, restoring in the meantime makes sense to me.

2. I doubt it is an issue worth worrying about. Once you have enough skin, whatever happens happens. The skin might not roll over on its own (and this is a potential issue regardless of glans size) but the more skin you have the better odds that it will stay rolled over on its own, at least for a while. And having a large glans may actually help keep the skin rolled over.

3. General recommendation is to do whatever works for you. Anything that you can regularly do is what you should do. This is a marathon, do whatever it takes just to keep going.

Comment

Thank you, both!

I plan on getting the TLC X package. The setup seems intimidating, but I imagine it makes sense with the video and image instruction to do step-by-step.

I should probably talk to my partner, first, who is thankfully intact.

On a heavier note, I feel more psycholigically damaged than physically robbed. I can’t beleive that this barbaric process goes on in the modern world. It’s a shame that nobody has been held accountable, and that it still goes on.

I’m glad awareness is spreading.

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by Hai lissen View Post
          1) I’ve considered not restoring and hoping on regentiive medicine advances. Although it’s likely to be several years, I sometimes lose optomisim. Has anyone mentally navigated this? I’d like to hear your thoughts.

My thoughts are that waiting for regenerative medicine could very likely leave you with no solution, so it is better to restore now. There is simply too much uncertainty to predict when it may be available. And, there is no way to know if it will even be as good a solution when it is available. The worst I can imagine is I get mostly restored and it becomes available, and it requires getting re-circumcised to take advantage of it. No big deal, if it provides a better solution than what I have at that time. But, if I wait, and it is not available or not as good, I will feel like I wasted time I could have had better feelings, function, and appearance, with nothing to show for it. that seems way worse to me.

2) Because of my girth, is it likely that even fully restoring won’t allow my skin to cover my glans when flaccid, on its own? Does that require surgery (not interested)? I can find peace in several years of restoring, but if the skin will just bunch under my glans, I think I’d be disappointed...

Your girth will not prevent you achieving coverage, just as girth does not prevent intact men form being covered. You can grow enough skin to have coverage, just as easily as anyone with less girth. You do not need surgery, restoring is sufficient, many restorers have reported fooling intact men and doctors into thinking the are intact. All you need to do is restore. Grow enough skin and it will cover your glans. Along the way, you may get temporary bunching, but when you skin gets long enough it will cover your glans.

3) General recommendations? I can do the manual 2 method pretty easily, but because of my internal dialogue, I lose faith. I just wish it wasn’t so hard to understand expectations.
          Keep on tugging. Integrated into your daily activities, like brushing your teeth. Settle in for the long haul, think in terms of years, not months. But also know that along the way, you will get benefits to help you stay motivated.

Regards

Comment

Thank you, both!

I plan on getting the TLC X package. The setup seems intimidating, but I imagine it makes sense with the video and image instruction to do step-by-step.

I should probably talk to my partner, first, who is thankfully intact.

On a heavier note, I feel more psycholigically damaged than physically robbed. I can’t beleive that this barbaric process goes on in the modern world. It’s a shame that nobody has been held accountable, and that it still goes on.

I’m glad awareness is spreading.
            It's not uncommon to have such feelings, so don't feel alone in this. It really helps not only to be able to discuss the subject in a supportive environment (like here), but also to do something constructive about it through restoring.

We're all here to help and offer advice. Good luck in your efforts.

Comment

You know what the weird thing of it is? There are uncircumcised men who think the grass is greener, and get cut as adults... ALOT of people do this. Doctors are RICH as HELL from doing these procedures and advertise them.

Uncut men in America are really insecure about it. I feel bad because if I was intact, I may have been one of these poor souls who gets cut because the grass seems greener on the other side.

Maybe it is a blessing to have been cut for me at least, so I could understand both sides of the coin.
              PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Shame and pain make it a difficult thing to address.
                Sorry to hear about the pain. But the only person with anything to be ashamed of would be someone cutting kids' genitals.

My glans is large too, but probably about right for my girth
                In fitting guys for devices I have seen it all. We exist in a beautiful variety. I don't think there could be such a thing a glans that is too large.

hoping on regenerative medicine advances
                There is good reason to hope, but I think during our lifetimes regenerative medicine solutions will involve SURGERY to implant lab-grown skin. This means TWO scar lines instead of one, and probably a longways scar connecting the two ring scars. And the implanted skin would likely feel numb.

Restoring by tensile tissue expansion has tangible benefits today.

Because of my girth, is it likely that even fully restoring won’t allow my skin to cover my glans when flaccid, on its own?
                If your goal is coverage that stays over the glans most of the time while flaccid, then tug until you hit that goal. State your goal in precise terms so you'll know when it's met. For example: "I can force the skin to reach one glans-length past the tip while fully erect" or "I can walk from the lockers to the showers with flaccid coverage, 10 days in a row." When your goal state is observed, I say tug "ten percent" more. That would be like if you hit after month 60, tug with the same regimen for 6 more months. This extra time makes up for the fact that while we're actively restoring, the skin is stretched out and covers better than it will once it fully relaxes.
                -Ron Low
                [email protected]
                847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

All I can say is give non-surgical restoration a shot, it can work for everyone and is worth the effort! Regenerative alternatives might eventually become something in the distant future, I wouldn’t wait for it to be honest. I’d say there’s not much too lose with giving it a shot ;-)
                  There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Thank you, all. I’m really eager and excited to begin. I know it will take time and patience.

Comment

Update: I decided to purchase a DTR and I’ve been tugging during the workday. I’ve noticed a bit of skin stretching, and I hope that eventually long-term growth follows. I am only about 2 weeks in, I feel determined to keep it up for now...

My next tangible goal is to bring this up to my partner. I’m worried he won’t understand, but I hope I get his support.

Comment

Good for you, just keep up a good routine and be patient, it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon, but one with a beautiful scenery where there are plenty of things to discover along the road. Best of luck!
                        There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Working...
                        X