Minimal tight circumcision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimal tight circumcision

Hi, I have been doing a mixture of methods 1,2,3 of manual tugging, but my main problem is that I really have very little to work with. I need to get in the right position such that my penis shrinks just so I could perform methods 1 and 3 and even then there is very little to pinch and tug at. Method 2 is great, but you must have an erection to safely do it. The other method I have been doing is pulling all the skin as far forward as possible followed by pinching and pulling at the scar line. My circumcision is so bizarre because I have a complete frenulum with mostly inner foreskin combined with almost no shaft skin. Also it is very uneven, but I have grown outer skin at the base and the middle of the shaft and this has made the painful erections go away. When I was younger the circumcision scar opened up on the dorsal side, but stayed fused on the ventral side. Please let me know any suggestions you might have. To give you an idea, if I pull all the skin from the base of my penis while flaccid, I can only stretch it as far as the corona sulcus.

The T-tape method is a rapid method of restoration that works for men with the tightest of circumcisions.

Derrick Townsend's old (1990s) restoration site, which features the T-tape method, has been restored to the web.
    https://www.indra.com/~paulio/ttape/

You can see, at a glance, how the method works by viewing this page of the site:
    https://www.indra.com/~paulio/ttape/tts-tape.html

Back in the 1990s, restorers used Micropore Paper Tape to make the T-tapes. Today, Mefix is the tape of choice for T-taping.

David
    World As Monkey Island
    Last edited by Science Monk; 04-07-2019, 12:28 AM. Reason: typos
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Thank You for your help, but I am a little concerned with the tape because what I have come to realize is that my penis is partially buried. I have seen an improvement as I have been restoring for 2 months, but I think I need to continue with tugging methods until I have enough skin to safely use other methods. Do you know someone who started off in my situation, that was able to restore to at-least flaccid coverage? the circumcision scar opened up on the dorsal side and never sealed back up. They must have removed to much skin on the dorsal side. Do you think it would be a good idea to do taping to try and get the circumcision scar to fuse back together?

Comment

Originally posted by Frenulum2002 View Post
        Do you know someone who started off in my situation, that was able to restore to at-least flaccid coverage? the circumcision scar opened up on the dorsal side and never sealed back up. They must have removed to much skin on the dorsal side. Do you think it would be a good idea to do taping to try and get the circumcision scar to fuse back together?
        I believe the best way to answer the first question is if you estimate how much outer skin you need to grow e.g. 2x, 3x or 5x.

I'm not sure you can have the scar line opened up permanently. You might want to post a picture or schematic somewhere regarding that or go ask a doctor.

Comment

It looks like you really got bamboozled on circumcision day. We are here to help.

I'm afraid you really only have the two aforementioned methods at your disposal right now: (1) manual, and (2) T-taping. The good news is that these two methods, diligently applied over a period of years, can bring you back to normalcy.

Right now, since you have seen progress with your application of manual methods (That's the magical first milestone in a restoration journey - when you are certain you have grown just 1 mm of new foreskin tissue!) I would stick with the manual methods for right now. You don't want to mess with success. Study T-aping, and begin gathering the materials to T-tape to experiment with. T-taping in your future if you want to restore most efficiently.

I have seen a man at NORM meetings, who started from a CI-0 to a CI-(- 1) successfully restore.
          http://www.restoringforeskin.org/cov...x/CI-chart.htm
          He was very committed, and used the T-tape method. He did not, however, have the additional complications of (1) wound dehiscence at the circ scar, and (2) buried penis, that you report.

I'm most concerned about your report of wound dehiscence. If it is anything like that pictured on the Botched Galleries of the circumcision.com website, you will almost certainly require surgical revision. Yours truly, the Science Monk, had mild wound dehiscence due to restoring. I had a bread crust of a circ scar, which eventually resorbed during the course of my restoration, leaving a razor-sharp circ line. I inadvertently pulled the razor-sharp circ line apart while tugging. However, by pushing the open wound together, and positioning the tape over it (there is little, or no, tension on the skin under the tape), I was able to continue tugging while it grew back together quite nicely.

See the Botched Galleries at:
          http://www.circumstitions.com/Botched.html

You are not alone in having a penis that did not achieve the size Mother Nature had intended for you. See the Soft-Hard galleries at the erectionphotos.com website (See top menu bar once you enter the site.) Within the very first pages of the Soft-Hard galleries you can see many cases of buried penis, or of stunted penis size, that afflicts circumcised men, but not intact men.
          http://erectionphotos.com
          Yours truly, the Science Monk, started out with a stunted-sized penis, but had increases in both erect and flaccid size which brought md up to average for my English and other Northern European ethnic group. It's soooo great to be normal!

David
          World As Monkey Island

Ref: Foreskin Coverage Index
          http://www.restoringforeskin.org/cov...x/CI-chart.htm
          Last edited by Science Monk; 04-09-2019, 05:25 PM.
          I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
          I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Here are pictures of my penis in its flaccid state to give you an idea of what problems I am dealing with. Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what’s going on. I am so anxious about my penis because most of my life, I just thought it was normal for the skin to break apart during an erection.

Comment

Also I have a 5th picture that I thought was strange to me. It is a picture of my meatus, which has a nick, which Meade me wonder if a small amount of the tip was cut off accidentally.

Comment

You do not have an especially tight circumcision. As a starting point, many guys are in the same boat you are in, and they successfully restore.

I am mostly concerned about your wound dehiscence. I cannot tell, from the photos you have posted, about the nature of it. A photo of the wound dehiscence, with the skin stretched like you are trying to pull the wound apart, would be more informative.

Another method that I forgot to mention, that will work for you is cross-taping (also known as a tape strap) pictured here:
                https://web.archive.org/web/20110726...ore/image.html
                These photos show paper tape in use. We now know that 3M Nexcare Absolute Waterproof tape is the best tape to use for cross-taping, and for tape-rings. It is widely available - sold in blister packs - at major discount and drug store chains. In my experience, Walmart has consistently had the best price on this item. You can also use Band-Aid 1-inch-wide strips. Since moisture will be a problem, get the one's sold as moisture-resistant, "sports" or "active" strips. Store brands work as well as the Band-Aid brand name ones do. In more recent years, waterproof Band-Aids that are purportedly really waterproof have come on the market. I have heard that removal of these truly waterproof Band-Aids causes undue irritation, so are not the best for our purpose.

Cross-taping is a very slow method of restoration, but it is gentle, and a great method to start with. You can then move on to other more aggressive methods. Cross-taping is also a great retention method that you can revert to during times when you cannot apply the more aggressive methods.

You still may be able to T-tape (Mefix is the tape to use) provided that you are able to place the sticky flaps of tape over the wound dehiscence. There is little or no tension under the tape.

Regarding your meatus:
                It is not unusual for circumcised men to have damage at the meatus. A circumcised penis often pokes forward rather than hanging down. This means the meatus is constantly being rammed into the cotton jersey of the front of your underwear. I, myself, had a case of metal stenosis. Once I achieved full flaccid coverage, my meatus had opportunity to heal.

David
                World As Monkey Island
                Last edited by Science Monk; 04-13-2019, 01:18 PM. Reason: typo, grammar

Comment

I have attached 2 pictures. The first one shows the dorsal side when flaccid. You can see the wound dehiscence, but there appears to be adhesions keeping it slightly together. Compared to the pictures on that website you sent me, mine appears minor. The second one shows my erect state. I’m not sure how normal it is for the pubic fat to have tension? Also yesterday I tried to replicate what taping would be like by sealing up the wound with my pointer finger and my thumb followed by changing positions. I then felt a sharp pain in my left testicle, which made me really anxious. It’s basically method 3 with changing positions. I still feel sore today, but it doesn’t feel horrible. Around 2 years ago I was diagnosed with varicocele in the left testicle, which was probably the reason for my discomfort. Also I feel like I match cl-2? My erect and flaccid appear to match. I appreciate your help on this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think you are good to go on your restoration journey.

You don't have wound dehiscence after all (which is defined as the unintended reopening up of a surgical wound). What happened to you on circumcision day was the circumciser accidentally put a deep scratch in your inner skin on the dorsal side while separating the foreskin from the glans.

Baby boys are born with the foreskin attached to the glans penis via a synechial membrane (A similar membrane holds your fingernails onto your fingers.). The infant foreskin is thus naturally non-retractable. In the normal course of juvenile development, this membrane gradually dissolves so that the boy can eventually fully retract his foreskin. The average age of full retraction is 11 years of age, but differs over a wide range from individual to individual (± 10 years or more is still considered normal development).

In the first step of the circumcision procedure (Gomco Clamp Method), the doctor forcibly separates the foreskin from the glans, obliterating the synecdial membrane, using a surgical probe or a closed hemostat. (See Panel A of the illustrations. In Panel A, a closed hemostat is being used.) Here is where you acquired the scratch on your inner skin:
                    http://www.cirp.org/library/procedure/gomco/

You are not the first restoring gent that I have seen with such a scratch. A NORM-Michigan man had a similar scratch, but his was right next to (and parallel to the corona of) the glans, within the sulcus. Unfortunately, because of the poor Michigan economy, this man and his wife moved away, first to Texas, and then to South America (His wife was originally from South America.) so I lost track of him. (We still miss them. They donated a lot of time staffing the NOCIRC booth each summer at the Ann Arbor Art Fair near the University of Michigan Campus.)

I would predict, for the both of you, that you will see complete healing of the scratch once your restoration progresses to the point where you have full flaccid coverage, you experience dekeratinization, and your inner skin becomes wet.

Mucosal surfaces, wherever they are in the body, have the power to heal without scarring. For example, you can have a tooth extracted, leaving a large crater in your gum, and it eventually completely heals over smoothly, so a dentist can then fit you with a partial denture. You've probably also accidentally bitten the inside of your cheek many times during the course of your lifetime, and it has healed without leaving a scar.
                    As another example, when I was a young man in my twenties (I'm now in my 60s), I had a series of operations for intestinal ulcers. A section of intestine had to to be excised out, and the healthy ends put together. I first asked the surgeon if this was a type of surgery where Krazy Glue is employed as a suture material. The surgeon said "no." He said that your intestine makes its own kind of glue so that undesired leakage of the contents of the inside of the intestine to cause a massive abdominal infection is of little worry. It almost never happens. The surgeon also said that the ends of intestine heal together so perfectly, that if a pathologist is later presented with that section of intestine, and allowed to only examine it only from the inside (the luminal side), he cannot determine where the two ends came together. However, if allowed to examine it from the outside, then there are sometimes crimps (but no scar) on the outside of the intestine that give the position of the previous resectioning away.

The reason that your scratch has not already healed is that the "mucosal" inner skin has stayed dry ever since your circumcision. The mucosal tissue has to be naturally moist to heal without scarring. (Ditto for your meatal damage.)

You are forward thinking, and you think about all the angles. That bodes well for a successful restoration journey. I think you can jump in feet-first, and tug away. Just keep an eye on your scratch. Restoring is a learn-by-doing project.

David
                    World As Monkey Island

Last edited by Science Monk; 04-15-2019, 11:55 PM. Reason: spell checker error

Comment

Thank You so much for the info. I am jewish, so I think the mohel used the Magen shield with a scalpel. This is then followed by tearing the inner lining of the foreskin from the glans, which probably explains that scratch, which the mohel did with his fingernail. I am so disgusted with what was done to me especially the second step, which was a man made change. When I spoke to my parents about this, they were in denial that the second step was even done. They literally admitted to following the herd. My dad said that they put their trust in others, but then they backtracked and said, there has to be a reason it was done. I then said that incision is illegal according to Judaism to which they said, but everyone else was doing it. Breaking the naturally fused adhesion is incision, which shows that religious freedom laws must be challenged. This is fraud and is done out of ignorance. Only the first step can be considered religious freedom. The second step is mutilation.

Comment

On another note. I have been using andres method, but my biggest concern is using it on the ventral side. My frenulum is something that I don’t want to damage? Method 2 has been helpful on the ventral side.

Also do you have an idea of where my scar line is? In addition do I have any remnants of the ridged band that you can see from my pictures?

One thing I wanted to mention is that the reason they added the second step to the law, was to try and prevent jewish men from restoring the foreskin. I feel like I have something to prove lol. Even if I only get to a CI-4, I would be happy. A Cl-4 would be an authentic jewish circumcision. 99.9% of all Jews have no knowledge of what circumcision entails in copious details.

After looking at all the photos, I like the appearance of a Cl-4. It just looks like a natural short foreskin. I could be wrong, but back when you were a Cl-4, did you have any issues in the flaccid state or erect state or both? When looking at the Cl-5 erect photo, it just looked a little uncomfortable having the foreskin not extending far enough to be comfortable. What’s weird is that the in-between numbers look problematic. It appears that Cl-10 looks very comfortable especially during sex because the glans is completely protected. Also I would never have to worry about adjusting my underwear constantly throughout the day. I get so irritated and I can only wear certain clothing. My whole life, I never understood why clothing was so uncomfortable. If I was a Cl-10, I would be very comfortable wearing clothing, but at the same time I really like the look of a Cl-4 lol. Nobody should be circumcised tighter than Cl-4 in my opinion. Regardless I have a lot of time to decide haha.

I look forward to hearing from you and again I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Thank You so much for the info. I am jewish, so I think the mohel used the Magen shield with a scalpel. This is then followed by tearing the inner lining of the foreskin from the glans, which probably explains that scratch, which the mohel did with his fingernail.
                          I think you are exactly right. A Mogen Clamp circumcision would explain why you do not have the dark crush-wound scar typical of a Gomco Clamp circumcision. Another line of evidence that a Mogen Clamp has been the device used in a circumcision is that the resulting end of the foreskin remnant is not completely circular, but is slightly dog-eared on the left side and on the right side. Ditto for the Sheldon Clamp, but since the ratio of use of the Mogen:Sheldon is 98%:02%, Mogen is much more likely.

The injury at your meatus may then be due to the Mogen Clamp rather than just continuous rubbing onto the cotton jersey of your underwear, as I previously mentioned above. Mogen Clamp circumcisions are infamous for accidents where the tip of the glans inadvertently gets caught in the Clamp and a piece of the glans is lopped off. In 2010, a $11 million court settlement was given to Jewish family, whose infant had his entire glans lopped off as a result of a Mogen Clamp circumcision.
                          https://www.ajc.com/news/national/at...1GWStqGyfejiP/
                          However, it is doubtful that the family got much of the $11 million judgement. The company that provided the Mogen Clamp in the U.S. was a small mom and pops import company, which wasn't worth much in dollars and cents. The Mogen Clamp is made in Germany and imported into the U.S., so the mom and pops import company would just go bankrupt, and another import company operating under a different name could open up and start importing once again.

In saying that incision is illegal under Jewish law, you may be referring to a Mitzvah that prohibits bodily mutilation. Because of that Mitzvah, you hardly ever see a Jew with tattoos or body piercings. (I think THAT Mitzvah is really good!) That Mitzvah collides with circumcision, doesn't it? I happen to like philosophical systems that are internally consistent.

David
                          World As Monkey Island

Last edited by Science Monk; 04-17-2019, 11:30 AM. Reason: Change to last paragraph

Comment

On another note. I have been using andres method, but my biggest concern is using it on the ventral side. My frenulum is something that I don’t want to damage? Method 2 has been helpful on the ventral side.

Also do you have an idea of where my scar line is? In addition do I have any remnants of the ridged band that you can see from my pictures?

One thing I wanted to mention is that the reason they added the second step to the law, was to try and prevent jewish men from restoring the foreskin. I feel like I have something to prove lol. Even if I only get to a CI-4, I would be happy. A Cl-4 would be an authentic jewish circumcision. 99.9% of all Jews have no knowledge of what circumcision entails in copious details.

After looking at all the photos, I like the appearance of a Cl-4. It just looks like a natural short foreskin. I could be wrong, but back when you were a Cl-4, did you have any issues in the flaccid state or erect state or both? When looking at the Cl-5 erect photo, it just looked a little uncomfortable having the foreskin not extending far enough to be comfortable. What’s weird is that the in-between numbers look problematic. It appears that Cl-10 looks very comfortable especially during sex because the glans is completely protected. Also I would never have to worry about adjusting my underwear constantly throughout the day. I get so irritated and I can only wear certain clothing. My whole life, I never understood why clothing was so uncomfortable. If I was a Cl-10, I would be very comfortable wearing clothing, but at the same time I really like the look of a Cl-4 lol. Nobody should be circumcised tighter than Cl-4 in my opinion. Regardless I have a lot of time to decide haha.

I look forward to hearing from you and again I really appreciate your help.
                            (1) You want to stretch and expand your frenulum just like all positions all away around your foreskin remnant. The early online restorers (1990s) thought it was not a good idea to stretch the frenulum. However, today we regard that as dated misinformation. You want to expand the nerve-rich frenulum along with everything else.

(2) I don't see a scar line, nor any ridged band in any of your photos. The ridged band is located immediately inside the tip of the foreskin wen flaccid. Thus the ridged band gets lopped off in even the most conservative circumcision. The ridged band contains more than half of all the fine touch nerve receptors of an erogenous sort of the penis, so even a very conservative circumcision is very damaging.

(3) The tale that Jewish circumcision was originally very conservative, but a more severe form of circ was instituted during Greek times to make it more difficult for Jewish men to restore, is part of the folklore of the modern foreskin restoration movement. However, medical historian Fred Hodges says there is nothing in the historical record to support the tale. He says there may still be some truth to it, but there is just no evidence to support it.

The individual practices of individual mohels differ widely. Since, there is no professional society of mohels to set standards, a Jewish boy may end up with anything form a very conservative circ to being skinned to his nuts. It all depends on what mohel he gets.

The high school I went to was about 23% Jewish. Back then, in the early 1970s (and unlike today), gym class was an absolute requirement for graduation, and we were all required to strip and shower after a sweaty workout. You needed a note from your parents, your doctor, and G-d to get out of P.E. class. In my high school, the circ rate was 100%. If I had seen a foreskin in the locker room, I certainly would have made a mental note of it. My Jewish classmates didn't have anything different than the rest of us (goys) had. That is because, in the US, the majority of Jewish parents have been electing to have the circumcision done by doctors in the hospitals where their kids were born, rather than by a mohel. Since my cohorts and I were born in the mid-1950s, this has been going on for at least 60 years. We all had the same thing in my high school locker room because we were all circumcised by the same Gomco Clamps by the same doctors in the same hospitals. In doing so, the requirement that the circ be done on the eighth day to be a valid Jewish circ was being dispensed with. (Now the next step we are hoping for is for them to just dispense with the circumcision rite entirely!)

In the Jewish tradition, the rabbi is a teacher of the faith. In the tradition, the rabbi is required to honestly answer any questions about the faith put to him - even by non-Jews. When asked if he considers a Jewish male who is not circumcised any less Jewish, the rabbi is obligated to answer that no, he does not consider a uncircumcised Jewish male any less Jewish. This is supposed to be part of his rabbinical training. (Under Jewish Law, anyone born to a Jewish woman is considered Jewish.)

One would think that Jewish opinion on circ would be monolithically in favor of it. But in fact, the Jewish community is fragmented over the issue. Jewish celebrities like Howard Stern, Rosanne Barr, and Howie Mandel have publicly come out against it. Network television medical advice doctor Dean Edell says he went with the flow and circumcised his first son, but after he learned the truth about circumcision, protected his seance son from it. Sigmond Freud and Theodore Henzl (originator of the Zionist movement) both protected their sons from circ.

Here in Metro Detroit, there is a congregation that offers the Brit Shalom ceremony (Welcoming and naming without cutting). However, I must add that this is a Humanistic Judaism congregation. Mainstream Jews that I know say that Humanistic Judaism is not generally recognized as real Judaism.

(4) Like I say, "To each man his own dick." If you are happy with a CI-4, go for it. During my university days, one of my running buddies was circ'd but had a CI-4. I thought his cute little pig-in-a-blanket was so much better looking than mine (CI-2.5). I have since surpassed him (with a CI-8.5).

From what I know now, I wouldn't be happy with a CI-4. Most of the benefits of a restoration are achieved with full flaccid coverage (CI-7). That's when you experience dekeratinization, go wet (so healing and scar resorption within the preputial space occurs), and you feel the onset of glide. It's also when advanced restorers say that they saw a neo-ridged band pop into existence (I have one!). Having achieved a CI-8.5 means that I have 3/4 erect coverage during nocturnal erections, so my wet inner skin and glans do not make contact with the bedsheets at night. This not only helps keep my bedsheets clean, but helps preserve the sensitivity of my most sensitive parts. Rubbing my most sensitive parts against bedsheets feels like rubbing against sandpaper. It can wake me up.

I am ecstatic with having reclaimed what Mother Nature had it store for me all along.
                            I can testify that Jews can and do attend NORM meetings and restore themselves.

I believe that bodily integrity is an inalienable right.
                            I also believe that Jews should have had the same inalienable rights as anyone else.

David
                            World As Monkey Island

Comment

Wow, thanks so much for the great info. I am trying to figure out what method to use considering andres method means pulling at the scar line. I was pulling at the area that I thought was the scarline when in reality it was the inner foreskin. Does pulling at the inner foreskin help? My understanding is that this method involves pulling at the scarline. It hasn't hurt in any way. Also I was reading online that saliva can help heal mucous tissue. Do you think that might work in my case? Maybe combining saliva with some sort of covering such as a bandage or something else? Also I have come to realize that any remaining shaft skin appears to be stretched out scrotal skin because there are hairs throughout my penis all spread out with the exception of the inner foreskin. The other thing I am starting to wonder is if a small amount of the the tip of my glans could have been cut off by mistake? I have always had severe irritation when wearing pants and underwear. When I get ready, I have to constantly change the position of my underwear and pants and there are certain clothing I cannot wear. In addition wearing a belt is completely off limits unless I want to have excessive irritation. I always hear most circumcised guys saying that they can't feel anything. My hypothesis is that they left me with a lot of inner foreskin and removed all the shaft skin and all the outer foreskin. In some ways this explains why I have not lost as much sensitivity as most would expect. My main issue throughout my life was not having enough skin during an erection, which ended up causing severe discomfort in my testicles. What was interesting is that a lot of times my body would not let me get a complete erection because there was not enough skin. Even after only 2 months of restoring, I am now waking up with erections regularly, which rarely happened before, which I am so happy about. I also started to notice that my scrotum is hanging lower, I think this is a good sign? Also I still notice that it appears that my scrotum is hiding part of my penis, which makes me upset or maybe it's normal. My main concern is finding a method that works for me because I would hate to possibly damage the inner foreskin in the long run. I have found the most success with the combination of method 2 combined with edging. I only do method 2 when erect because otherwise it could cause damage. I still get anxious about doing method 2.

One thing I would like to mention is that there is no reason that any man should be circumcised below a cl-2. I don't understand why anybody could think that's ok. When looking at all the pictures of the erect penises of the cl range, I felt that the cl-1 was the ugliest. I thought the nicest erect pictures were the cl-2, cl-4, and cl-10. I could only wish I was a cl-10. I would have no issues with discomfort and I could wear anything without discomfort. That would be a dream honestly. The only drawback with a cl-10 is maybe having to much skin could cause problems. Only a restored cl-10 could tell me, but you are really close to that. Do you think there comes a point where having to much skin could have some drawbacks such as a cl-10?

Thank You again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X