Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and advice needed

Hello,

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and join the forum. I'm a 30 y/o guy who was circumcised five months ago. I had had a severe case of phimosis all my life but I had been dodging circumcision for as long as possible as I really, really didn't like the idea of having my foreskin chopped off. Well, long story short, I ultimately gave in at age 30 due to the fact that my wife and I wanted to have children, and I sort of convinced myself it wouldn't be that bad and every single urologist I visited said getting cut was the only choice. It's been hell and I'm hating every minute of it. After having lived 30 years with a foreskin it's impossible to forget how much better everything was before. Ever since the operation I've had all sorts of problems and complications, sex is painful or mildly unpleasant at best, and I can't even pee in a straight line anymore (according to one urologist, it's probably due to my urethra narrowing as a result of keratinisation). When I told several urologists I was unhappy with my circumcision they looked at me with hostility or disbelief, and I the fact that I feel like I have ruined myself is made worse by the fact that I feel I can't talk to anyone about it.

Anyhow, I've been looking into foreskin restoration for some time now and I feel it is the only thing I can do to make myself feel better. I know I'll never be my old self again but at least I'll feel I'm doing something to improve my well-being and self-esteem. I've been looking at restoration devices but I'm having a hard time making up my mind as to which is better for me. I'd like something that is easy to put on and wear in my daily life; I'm going to play it safe as I would not like to injure myself and bring further pain onto myself (I've had enough of that this year already!). Fortunately I've been given what seems to be a rather loose circ so I've got some skin that rolls over the ridge at the very back of the glans when I'm flaccid, would this give me more options to choose from when shopping for a device?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to getting started on my journey towards recovering wholeness.

Welcome to the forum!

very sorry to read what you went through. There are people around that had a similar experience with adult circumcision and that have successfully restored. They report major changes and say that while it doesn’t compare exactly to what it was before, it comes close to it.

I’d recommend just to have a look around or to directly ask any questions you might have.

I got circumcised at 5 and I don’t really remember anything from before. What I do know now is that restoring improves things a lot. For me, every new sensation is great, but of course I don’t have any reference point. These slow but obvious changes are very motivational, so I’d say start as soon as you can and figure out what method(s) work best for you. A bit of experimenting can help there, as there are so many methods, and everyone has his own preferences!

good luck!
    There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Originally posted by The missing piece View Post
      circumcised five months ago. I had had a severe case of phimosis...every single urologist I visited said getting cut was the only choice.
      So sorry to hear it. We now know that the odds of actually needing a circumcision for a medical reason are about 1 in 16,000. There are several more-conservative things to try first.

it's impossible to forget how much better everything was before.
      And imagine the anguish of guys who got cut with no diagnosis of dysfunction.

I can't even pee in a straight line anymore (according to one urologist, it's probably due to my urethra narrowing as a result of keratinisation).
      Meatal stenosis is the toughening and narrowing of the urinary opening.

When I told several urologists I was unhappy with my circumcision they looked at me with hostility or disbelief
      What assholes!

I've been given what seems to be a rather loose circ
      If you can force your skin to roll forward and cover the whole glans (only while you hold it there) then you can probably apply a simple tapeless device. If you can comfortably pinch the skin closed to hide the glans then you could probably even start with a compound device like the TLC-X or DTR.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Thank you very much guys. I remember I first visited a bunch of urologists for my condition when I was 18 and they were all hell-bent on cutting... I gave it a pass (I didn't have any issues as long as I used a condom) and hoped medicine would evolve if I gave it some time! 12 years later I saw they were still just as fixated on applying this cultural/ritual sacrifice as a cure to everything. Disappointing.

Anyhow, from what I see I don't think I have enough foreskin to use a device yet but I'll take it easy and try manual methods for starters. I'll keep you posted and thanks again for the support, it means a lot.

Comment

This is the first time I have ever heard of a man being cut because he and his wife had not had any children.

Did you and your wife have any fertility tests?

Did a doctor actually tell you that with your foreskin cut off, you and your wife would be able to have children, and that the reason the two of you had not had children yet, was because of your phimosis?

I would certainly think that fertility tests for both of you would be the best thing to do, before undergoing foreskin ampuation.

Comment

No, nothing like that; it was simply due to the fact that having sex without a condom was a risky venture due to my phimosis (it was very tight and I would have risked tearing my foreskin), and as long as we didn't plan on having children it made sense to wear a condom anyways. When we decided to try for one, I had to resolve the phimosis issue first. Of course, I wish I had researched more about stretching and stuff like that but it's no use crying over spilt milk.

Comment

No, nothing like that; it was simply due to the fact that having sex without a condom was a risky venture due to my phimosis (it was very tight and I would have risked tearing my foreskin), and as long as we didn't plan on having children it made sense to wear a condom anyways. When we decided to try for one, I had to resolve the phimosis issue first. Of course, I wish I had researched more about stretching and stuff like that but it's no use crying over spilt milk.
              Good attitude, sir. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Comment

Doctors are SUPPOSED to recommend the LEAST invasive treatments FIRST. That being stretching (with steroid cream if needed). And any cutting should be at an absolute minimum. You should sue the bastard for malpractice.

Comment

Man, I’m sorry to hear about your situation, but I’m glad to see that you have a positive outlook on it. Even if you don’t have anyone to talk with about it, I think pretty much all of the guys on this forum understand the desire to have their foreskin back. It may not be face to face communication, but we at least get that part of your struggle.

I would use manual methods for a while until you can gain some additional slack skin. I’ve been trying to do more manual lately in addition to using a homemade, weighted tugger in the morning. I’m also 30, and I’ve been restoring for a little over three years. I have way more slack skin than when I started three years ago, but I know I’m also still quite a way away from achieving my desired end state (which is full flaccid coverage). But restoring definitely does work. You just have to persevere through all the days where you don’t see progress, because you won’t see progress from day to day.

If it helps any (and hopefully, this doesn’t make it worse!), at least you know what it was like to have had your foreskin. Personally, I can’t help but wonder what my natural penis would have looked like, felt like, etc. I’ll never have the pleasure of knowing any of that. Despite the current frustration of the situation, at least you can be glad that half of your penis skin wasn’t taken from you the day you came into this world.

Find a routine(s) you can stick with, and keep tugging til you get what you want.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post

Doctors are SUPPOSED to recommend the LEAST invasive treatments FIRST. That being stretching (with steroid cream if needed). And any cutting should be at an absolute minimum. You should sue the bastard for malpractice.
                    Agreed. He should talk to a lawyer or at least lodge a complaint with whatever medical ethics boards are available in his area because until unethical doctors are held accountable, that urologist will treat the next guy with the same contempt and disregard for his foreskin.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post

If that urologist wanted to be paid for his efforts (not to mention avoid a malpractice charge), he needed to ask the patient's insurance carrier for permission to do the procedure.He's done that many times. At that point, his request is compared to a set of guidelines which specify only several, specific symptoms needing to be present, for approval. That's the way it works.

Medical circumcision isn't a conspiracy, it's a reviewed and approved procedure, involving a number of parties, and specified guidelines. The urologist needed to submit his clinical notes substantiating his request. Those notes have to describe the patient's condition, and the time frame involved in treating that condition. No one here is privy to that information; not you or Quark. However, your first clue was the OP's description of a "severe" condition. This implies the patient was at risk if left untreated. If either of you had any sincere intactivist interests you would know this, and stay away from giving clueless, ineffective "advice"; in other words you would have to know all the speciifics of the patient's, situation.

Comment

I definitely don't blame my urologist, because his was the exact same opinion I got from a whole bunch of other physicians. Believe me, I went for second, third, fourth and fifth opinions! At least he examined me before prescribing circumcision, since one doctor even wanted me to make an appointment for circ without having even looked at me -- that's how lightly they take these decisions! It's just the way it is in the medical world, I don't think they give alternative treatments any thought at all and they sincerely believe foreskins are redundant bits of flesh you won't miss. At least that's the impression I get from my dealings with them; I first visited a bunch of doctors about it when I was 18 and things hadn't changed at all 12 years later. I had also asked about partial circ but they pretty much unanimously dismissed it offhand. At least I was lucky enough to get a somewhat loose circ which makes it easier to get started on restoration.

Comment

Yes, all physicians would have those same treatment treatment guidelines in mind; guidelines they would put in comparison to your condition's diagnosis and prognosis. Ironically they have future function in mind as do we rstorers, and see medical circ as a treatment which will save that function for you (hence the irony). So..............not a conspiracy, but rather an attempt to do the right thing for you. This is what makes the intactivist situation complicated. We can only come at the situation with a detailed description of the procedure itself; a standardized procedure in other words, with the recognition that "the right thing" rests on the concept of tissue sparing in the attempt at saving "function".

Comment

Of course, the above does NOT describe neonatal circ, except when the OB (or his assistant) are clueless (uneducated) enough to that think he or she is performing neonatal circ as the "right thing" for future function and health.

Comment

Working...
                            X