is there any hope for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any hope for me?

Well, I am just starting here but have been reading a bit on this forum for past few years. First a bit about me:
    I am in late 40s, not circumcised and highly sexualized - I believe I became sexually aware and active when I was just 7/8 years old and am still doing 200 kms / hour !!
    I started masturbating many years before puberty. I still vividly remember the days when I first noticed the semen or when my foreskin started to retract a bit.
    Unfortunately, I have quite big balls which I think are the reason why I am in this position now. I also think i have slight skin deficit on the underside of penis where it joins the balls. It is slight, does not affect erection but I do feel that a bit more skin would have been better or normal.
    As balls grew in size with age, they started to pull penis skin and as result my foreskin started to remain retracted a bit, then a bit more, then even more till it started remaining fully retracted all the time - just like in this picture - https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...?photoid=37432
    I noticed that I had very little sensation in my penis, so much so that the glans was completely insensitive to cold or hot touch, I could not feel cold water or even cold stainless tube touching my glans. The foreskin and rest of penis had some sensation.
    This was when I was in my teens. It was so bad that when I first penetrated a female, I had to ask her if I am in already LOL....I just did not feel anything till i inserted rest of the penis.
    Well, unfortunately, I could not devote any time to fixing the problem and and thanks to my careless, recklessness as in leaving dick covered in semen overnight due to night time masturbation, wrong choice of underwear material and zero usage of skin creams/lotions ......fast forward to today and my penis is completely sensation less. I just don't feel anything in glans portion which is of course keratinized. The rest of penis skin has very sensation.
    I started reading about keratinized glans a few years ago and have been covering the glans covered during the day. of course it has not extended the skin which I understand but I have not seen any perceptible improvement in sensation. On the contrary whatever negligible sensation was left has also disappeared, perhaps due to aging.
    So before I start my restoring journey, is there even any hope left for someone in my situation and age?

Maybe other members might advise you differently, but I think you need to see a doctor: having a glans devoid of all sensation is something you should seek medical attention for, it's not really normal even for the circumcised (at least I don't think it is?).

As far as I know keritinization shouldn't prevent all sensation, it just desensitises. It sounds like you may have a separate medical condition, and one that you should seek advice for.

Apart from that, in terms of restoring you should be okay as you're probably in a better position than everyone here, because you should still have the structures present; you just need to restore length to the skin.

But as far as your glans being devoid of sensation, I think you should probably see a doctor.

Comment

I think it is good advice to seek medical consultation. We can only read your words, and words are ambiguous. But I would also say that there is always hope, restoration has large benefits, so there is no reason I can see to predict that you will get no benefits from restoration. And, you can do both. Just be sensible and do not risk harm, especially since you already think you may be having unusual problems.

Regards

Comment

I think most cut guys would fail the ICE TOUCH-IT CHALLENGE*. If your denuded glans also fails it that may be perfectly normal.
        = = = = =

* The Ice Touch-It Challenge

1) Suck on an ice cube just enough to make sure it has no pointy parts.

2) Drop your pants, retract your foreskin (if it's covering the glans), and touch the glans with the ice. (EVEN BETTER if a friend does it while you don't look).

You may notice that you really have no idea (from the tactile sensation alone) when exactly the ice touched you.
        -Ron Low
        [email protected]
        847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Of course there's hope. Men with any degree of short foreskins, including those who have kept theirs retracted, have come to sites like this to ask about lengthening the skin. It works in just the same way that it would with those of us who've been circumcised and are restoring.

Keeping the glans covered again will allow it to regain sensation - also just the same way we're doing it. As you've been reading, keratinization is to blame. The foreskin normally creates a moist, slippery environment which allows this dead tissue to slough off the glans. Trust me, it will eventually become re-sensitized to the point where you can feel the skin rolling back and forth over it during sex or masturbation.

Don't worry about leaving your dick covered in semen afterward, though. All that stuff does is dry out, creating a sticky film that rinses off in the shower easily enough.

Comment

Thanks all for the excellent replies. I am not entirely sure if my total lack of sensation is simply a medical issue or due to total lack of foreskin coverage or both. I do think that lack of foreskin coverage is primarily responsible. I have been keeping it covered (retained, not restored) during day time for quite some time and Yes, I already feel a bit better. But it is not as much as I thought it would be.
            Won't hurt to try to restore which in any case is how it is intended to be. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by comet View Post
              I am not entirely sure if my total lack of sensation is simply a medical issue or due to total lack of foreskin coverage or both.
              If it's completely numb; I mean if it's absolutely numb, without any sensation whatsoever I think you should definitely get it checked out by a doctor. I think you should definitely at least be able to feel something, even with the keritinization.

Comment

There’s hope for anyone who is willing to commit and put in the hours!
                There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I regularly read this forum but I have not contrbuted since the old forum went down. I feel that I have learned a lot from others and decided to make an effort to give back to this community that has supported my physical and emotional journey.

I am intact but was born with Aposthia (born with all of the foreskin tissue but very little of it, so essentially was 'naturally circumcised' for want of a better term. I have been resotring for 14 years now (As essentially I was born a CI 0 or possibly even CI -1 (yes the lack of skin motility was dire.) I have sucessfuly restored to a CI 6.

I agree with Rons Comments, ie your glans lacks sensitivity regardless and anyone daring to try it, use a pin and touch your glans, and you ill experience no pain. This is due to the absence of pain receptors in the glans. By saying that if you still are unsure thenit can't hurt to consult an educated doctor.

So yes there is every chance that you will not only restore back to a normal. It will take patience, persisence and perserverance. But GO FOR IT, you won't regret it.

All the best

Comment

The neurons which lie under glans mucosa are not those associated with high level sensation (fine touch in other words), so it can't be expected that there will ever be high level sensation to your glans (despite what I wrote above). As Distalero always said, thinking that the glans is the seat of penile sexual sensation (pleasure) comes from circumcision culture/ignorance. After all, they can't admit the damage which circ does, so information is ignored (just like social media). The thing is, ALL areas of the penis take part in the build to orgasm, including the "numb" glans.

Comment

As the others have said, I'm fairly certain that's just how dicks are. I first noticed my glans had very little sensation when I was a teenager, and freaked out a bit. But since it still worked for jerking off, I decided not to worry about it too much. Then later on I learned that the glans just doesn't have fine touch receptors to begin with.

For me, the penis is mainly pressure sensitive, not touch sensitive. Makes sense... whether you're using a lubed up hand or a naturally lubricated vagina, there's not much friction for the penis to feel... what it's designed for is the pressure waves gliding up and down the shaft. I think it's also specialized for "slimy" sensations. Mine is way more sensitive when slimed up with lube than when it's dry. That also make sense, since the glans and inner skin (and the vagina that it's designed to enter) are mucous membranes.

If you have some lube on hand, try it. Do your sensitivity exam dry, then lube up and examine it again. Slippery sliding sensations are where it's at.

It's just like your tongue. If you stick your tongue out long enough for it to dry out, it gets less sensitive and just feels dead. Slime it back up with saliva, and it's back to normal.

Comment

Comet~

This is just a shot in the dark. By any chance do you have blood circulatory problems or even diabetes?

Those are two issues where I can think that extremities toes, fingers, etc could go numb because of medical issues.

If that were the case, logic might dictate that that could contribute to penile numbness.

I'm not saying to accept the penile numbness as a matter of course, but in a medical sense, perhaps an avenue to pursue with a doctor.

I wish all the best,

Gentle
                        My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...tle-s-progress

Comment

Originally posted by Gentleman View Post
                          Comet~

This is just a shot in the dark. By any chance do you have blood circulatory problems or even diabetes?

Those are two issues where I can think that extremities toes, fingers, etc could go numb because of medical issues.

If that were the case, logic might dictate that that could contribute to penile numbness.

I'm not saying to accept the penile numbness as a matter of course, but in a medical sense, perhaps an avenue to pursue with a doctor.

I wish all the best,

Gentle
                          Hello
                          Thanks for replying. No, I dont have any other health related issue and as a matter of fact am very healthy and fit.
                          Also, when I mentioned total numbness, it wasn't exactly 100% correct - the glans is completely unable to sense cold or hot touch but otherwise I do have some sensation of touch. Its just that the "sensitivity" is 100% dead. Kind of difficult to explain. And I do think it is because of heavy keratinization.

Comment

Working...
                          X