Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markken
    replied
    My comment towards wanting to explain things to the kids for hygiene was geared more so what to do in a pinch as far as BJ's and a quick cleaning goes so that it isn't a problem lol.

I have read a lot on the pros/cons, STD's/health affects/penile retraction problems/odd smells/etc.

Hopefully I can be a bit more helpful when it comes to these things then my get "red in the face" father was.

I just want to be able to answer any question they might have. The whole stigma of talking about things "down there" I personally think is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• BelgianChris
    replied
    Welcome to the forum and good luck on your restoration journey. I’m also glad that you stood up and decided not to have your sons circumcised, which unfortunately is still happening way too often in the US and many other parts of the world.

I guess you’re one of the first people I hear mentioning that they want to restore to be able to help your sons with the care of their intact penis. Being from Europe, where circumcision is not the norm (but unfortunately also on the rise in several places), I just wanted to point out that there’s not much too worry about on that front. What you got to remember is that the intact state is the natural state and that Mother Nature takes care of things in most cases. The best advice in fact is too just leave nature do it’s magic while boys grow up. Nearly all boys are born with an non-retractable foreskin that is adhering to the glans. Over time it naturally separates and this can take as long as up to late puberty. The best advice is just to leave things alone, as the foreskin typically becomes retractable by itself and children will discover it themselves when it does. Over here, most people are not even aware of that and don’t pay much attention to it, but in places where routine circumcision is common often the hygiene card is played and this makes people worried that there’s a lot of care required when a boy is not circumcised. The only thing that is important is to teach the boys to clean under the skin AFTER it became retractable and to never force retraction as this can do harm...

Leave a comment:

• Gundog
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, keep being an intactivist and promoting our whole sons, I wish I would have had the knowledge avaliable 30 yrs ago when my son was born so I could have left him whole, and not been horrified by watching him be mutilated by someone who took an oath to do no harm. Love your posting.
    Enjoy your journey of restoration.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by Markken View Post
    Just how angry are you?
    I apologize on behalf of the forum for anyone who feels attacked, when a robust welcome was the appropriate response.

All forum members are reminded that we should respond rationally to the ideas presented rather than attack the person who presented them. And remember the person behind the screen name who posted may in fact be a loved one or a future friend. Just be kind for goodness's sake.

Leave a comment:

• Markken
    replied
    Originally posted by Reality View Post
    1. You asked, 'why ask within seconds". Well, ask HIM that question. You want justification for something you did. Asking him that question would've started a discussion, not an anger-fest argument. Intactivism begins where it begins, and I would suspect that it begins at the parental/clinic level, and it has to be rational, not confrontational. Of course you have to be up for a discussion emotionally, psychologically, and ... informed, which definitely requires "a lot of reading" some of which you can do here, but here you have to do it critically.

2. Intactivism is so important, it's the only discussion that will win the day for future innocents, so don't appeal to anger, there, here, or anywhere. Educate yourself, for your own benefit, your kids' benefit, your spouse's benefit, and other parent's kids benefit. aka '" the future".
    I actually did ask him, my paraphrase memoir moment was more for amusement. He did run off without saying much.

He did flap his arms in the manner of a chicken first.

My wife was annoyed with me over that moment because I "grilled him and was mean"

There was a bit more discourse than I previously stated, it mostly amounted to him saying "well I see I am not needed here, and then flailing a bit with his arms, while I said the barbarians in room 666 are looking for a penis mutilation session.

I get your angle Reality, but after reading 70% of the stuff in here.... gods do you come across as a huge asshole most of the time.

Just saying. Try to temper your arguements in a none offense way, I totally get your angle, I am the asshole at my day job who has little patience for incompetence and B.S., but you kinda go above and beyond at times from what I have read.

Just how angry are you? And at what point can you let that anger go and finally be accepting and grow? Not in your penile area but as a person?

Leave a comment:

• Reality
    replied
    1. You asked, 'why ask within seconds". Well, ask HIM that question. You want justification for something you did. Asking him that question would've started a discussion, not an anger-fest argument. Intactivism begins where it begins, and I would suspect that it begins at the parental/clinic level, and it has to be rational, not confrontational. Of course you have to be up for a discussion emotionally, psychologically, and ... informed, which definitely requires "a lot of reading" some of which you can do here, but here you have to do it critically.

2. Intactivism is so important, it's the only discussion that will win the day for future innocents, so don't appeal to anger, there, here, or anywhere. Educate yourself, for your own benefit, your kids' benefit, your spouse's benefit, and other parent's kids benefit. aka '" the future".

Leave a comment:

• greg_b
    replied
    Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself, and KOT!

Leave a comment:

• Science Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentleman View Post
    Mark~

I love your post! Before you had a son, you did the research, and used your own experience to inform your decision. Bravo!

Kudos to your wife as well for not making a decision without a discussion and more importantly personal hand knowledge.

Your comments to the Dr, were great, I could just imagine that scenario.

Also congratulations on your son(s), and their intact-ness. Don't fret about the time lost, you are restoring now.

That's what is important now.

Be well and welcome to the group.

Gentle
    If you liked this post, maybe you should LIKE it!
    I don't particularly like the popularity contest features of social media.
    To me, it's too much like an old high school popularity contest.
    But if you like a great post to the web, maybe you should LIKE it nevertheless.

I'm totally enamored with Markken's post, and I think Gentleman's reply is great too. I've LIKED both.

David
    World As Monkey Island
    Last edited by Science Monk; 02-09-2020, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman
    replied
    Mark~

I love your post! Before you had a son, you did the research, and used your own experience to inform your decision. Bravo!

Kudos to your wife as well for not making a decision without a discussion and more importantly personal hand knowledge.

Your comments to the Dr, were great, I could just imagine that scenario.

Also congratulations on your son(s), and their intact-ness. Don't fret about the time lost, you are restoring now.

That's what is important now.

Be well and welcome to the group.

Gentle

Leave a comment:

• Markken
    started a topic A slightly different approach

A slightly different approach

I spent several years doing body building, and still do some strength training to this day. I am incorporating that mentality into restoring.

If I find insight and results along the road I will share them so that maybe others can gain some benefit. (I have found a few tactics of possible interest already, and will share those ideas and the results I noticed from them).

I have read a lot, and I do mean a lot, about restoring.

I first took a look at this when I found out I was having a son a few years ago. My wife asked about my opinion on circumcision, and said the ball was in my court because she didn't have the proper equipment so felt she had no right to say.

I gave it some thought, a lot of thought to be honest. I was cut after all as a newborn. Needless to say I wouldn't do that to my son. I got pretty snarky and angry when the Dr. asked if I was sure.

Something along the lines of sure, whip your dick out right now and let me cut 1/3rd of it off right now, and if you still feel up to doing a proper job I'll let you circumcise him. A couple nurses laughed, midwife smirked, he left suddenly.

I mean come on I said "No", why ask again within seconds?

Funny stories of getting angry aside.

I decided to go down this road when I found out I was having a son, my second son should be here any day now. I started this more so I could answer hygiene questions and explain things to them they needed to do to be healthy, just so I could say I knew first hand what needed to be done.

I am impressed with everyones story who has gone through the trouble of restoring, for whatever reason they had.

For me.. I started out because I wanted to be able to explain things to my kids. After stopping and now starting back up... I am more focused on I actually want to do this for myself, and it wouldn't be such a bad idea if I knew what I was talking about on hygiene for to my kids.

Keep your chin up, and KOT!

I wish I would have started this decades ago to be truthful.
Working...
X