Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inner vs Outer Foreskin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Inner vs Outer Foreskin

    as far as I understand inner skin would be the skin on the upper half of your shaft( when starting out at least, above the scarline), on the underside mainly it seems which is most specialized. the lower part of the shaft is the outer skin which in time is supposed to cover the inner skin, correct?

    I am new to the practice of restoration, currently just using manual method 2, with some variation. Currently I am working on growing both inner and outer, but I have a question as to what happens later down the road. Is there such a thing as too much inner skin, where the outer skin would struggle to cover the inner skin? Does outer skin once you have enough just naturally start to cover the inner skin, or do you need to eventually focus on growing more if you aren't seeing coverage? I guess since they are pretty much one in the same aside from where they are for me right now, I have trouble understanding as what I have is unnatural, not being allowed to work as nature intended it to.

  • #2
    Inner skin is the puffier (for lack of a better word) skin between the glans and scar line. Outer skin is shaft skin.

    It is possible to wind up with too much inner/outer skin. If this does happen to you, the best thing to do is correct it once you're closing in on your final restoration goal. The reason being that more skin = more skin to apply tension to = faster skin growth. So, if you're in the beginning stages, just focus on growing it all. If things get unbalanced, you can always correct it later.

    As for the question about coverage: yes, the skin can/will grow to the point where it will roll over by itself, resulting in coverage. However, as restorers, we have the unfortunate problem of not having a working frenulum. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it refers to the band of skin that connects the foreskin to the underside of the glans. It acts as a sort of rubber-band that pulls the foreskin up to cover the glans. If you don't have a working one, you're going to have issues with coverage. Even uncut guys can tear theirs, and end up having permanent problems. In my own journey, I've managed to get to a solid CI-4...but you can bet your ass that I don't have that level of coverage at all times.

    I've heard finished restorers (guys at CI-7, CI-8, for example) say that they have trouble keeping their regrown foreskin in the forward, "covered" position. It doesn't naturally move back to that "coverage" position because there is nothing drawing it there. It just stays back, unless manually pushed forward, and even then it may not stay. The only solution I've heard that doesn't require some degree of surgery is to grow enough skin so that it pushes itself forward...grow to the point where you have so much shaft skin that it pushes everything ahead of it forward, creating an effect that mimics that of a working frenulum. Can't speak to the truth in any of this, just letting you know what I've heard from people more experienced than myself.

    Comment


    • #3
      thanks for the detailed post answering my questions.
      right now I don't really have any goals aside from getting the foreskin to cover the glans.
      currently I have no idea what I would define as too much of one type of skin, I guess later in my journey if something is bothersome then I'll know.
      I am unsure if my frenulum is missing or not, as it seems small parts of my inner foreskin connects to the glans.
      I would guess that some of the restorers here have a device they use to force the coverage once they have the skin to do so, I'll look into that when the time comes.

      One other question I've had: how much of an effect does daily restoring have? I ask this because as I understand it mitosis, once triggered, will happen. If you've already triggered the process, then what is continually restoring actually doing for you? perhaps not all the cells are triggered at once, or it speeds up/encourages the process.

      Comment


      • #4
        Perhaps this will help:

        http://www.cirp.org/library/anatomy/

        http://www.noharmm.org/anatomy.htm

        Is there such a thing as too much inner skin, where the outer skin would struggle to cover the inner skin?
        There is a lot of variation on how much coverage an intact man may have. But typically, when the pens is flaccid, the glans is more or less covered by the inner skin, over which lies the outer skin. In other words, the glans is covered by two layers of skin, the inner and the outer, and where they come together is the opening. Most men who are restoring want the outer skin on the outside while flaccid, so that the inner skin is protected and covered, allowing it to be as sensitive as possible. Often men will also want their scar to be hidden, so they try to end up with a bit more outer skin than inner, when flaccid, so the scar is just inside the opening.

        Does outer skin once you have enough just naturally start to cover the inner skin, or do you need to eventually focus on growing more if you aren't seeing coverage?
        Since we are growing skin, we get more skin, which then extends forward over our glans in the shape of a skin tube. This happens simply because we grow enough skin that it has to be somewhere, and the easiest place, once we have enough, of course, is draped over our glans. But we are in at least partial control of what we grow. If you try, you can grow mostly inner or outer, so conceivably could end up with more inner or outer than you want. But whether it is more or less than you want, means you need to have some idea of what you want to end up with. For example, I wanted to end up with inner on the inside and outer on the outside, when I was flaccid and wanted to be completely covered. Since I was left with very little inner, I used methods that helped me focus tension on the inner, so it would grow more than the outer.

        If you look at your penis when flaccid, look where the scar is. If you want to have a completely covered glans when flaccid, you will be able to see roughly how much more outer skin you will need to grow, so that it is just past the end of your glans. At the same time, you can look and try to visualize how the inner skin would shift its position as you get more outer skin, and estimated how much inner skin you need to meet your goal. then apply tension to the inner and outer in a way that helps you get to your goal.

        I guess since they are pretty much one in the same aside from where they are for me right now, I have trouble understanding as what I have is unnatural, not being allowed to work as nature intended it to.
        They actually are not one in the same, only differing in their location. If you read the first link, you will see how they differ, and, while they may look a lot alike, they are quite different and have different functions.

        Regards

        Comment


        • #5
          hmm, interesting to see the breakdown of the different types of skin. Based on that I would say I don't have my frenulum left but sulcus skin, I was confusing the two like I did inner/outer skin. what I thought was outer foreskin is just my shaft skin (skin under my scar line that is mobile but not sexually responsive like the outer/inner above my scarline. I can now see in the image how the inner skin is clearly above the outer on the glans, with both being right on top of each other, although I can't distinguish the two when it comes to me.
          Is there anything wrong with growing more shaft skin to act as a cover? currently I have a decent bit of my shaft skin being invaded by scrotum skin, is that anything to worry about when restoring?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Restoremychoice View Post
            hmm, interesting to see the breakdown of the different types of skin. Based on that I would say I don't have my frenulum left but sulcus skin, I was confusing the two like I did inner/outer skin. what I thought was outer foreskin is just my shaft skin (skin under my scar line that is mobile but not sexually responsive like the outer/inner above my scarline. I can now see in the image how the inner skin is clearly above the outer on the glans, with both being right on top of each other, although I can't distinguish the two when it comes to me.
            Is there anything wrong with growing more shaft skin to act as a cover? currently I have a decent bit of my shaft skin being invaded by scrotum skin, is that anything to worry about when restoring?
            No, it's nothing to worry about. I was cut very tightly and I had the same thing happen, it gets better, just keep tugging!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 4SkinGuy View Post

              No, it's nothing to worry about. I was cut very tightly and I had the same thing happen, it gets better, just keep tugging!
              Good to know. what methods/devices worked best for you when restoring? I'm currently trying short sessions of a variation of manual 2, using my thumb and pointer on both hands to stretch out a quarter of the shaft at a time, but if a device could work for a tight cut I'd definitely look into it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Restoremychoice View Post

                Good to know. what methods/devices worked best for you when restoring? I'm currently trying short sessions of a variation of manual 2, using my thumb and pointer on both hands to stretch out a quarter of the shaft at a time, but if a device could work for a tight cut I'd definitely look into it.
                Couldn't use a device because my parents would know about it, But when i found that you can do manual, I did that. I've gotten all my progress just doing manual. (the device'd be embarrassing, they're not exactly very supportive of my restoration efforts either!! They see no reason why i'd not want to be cut.) and i wouldn't have been able use one anyway because my skin was so thin and red (it's thick and healthy now, but it was very red and swollen before). I find that method 1 works for me.. http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...gging/method-1 Have never been able to do method 2. Those of us with a thin skinned dick (I had stretch marks for a while on my penis because of tugging but they have reduced recently.) You may need to use less tension at first though, until you get more skin to be able to safely tug for longer. I can do it a lot longer now than i could, say, 2 years ago for example.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 4SkinGuy View Post

                  Couldn't use a device because my parents would know about it, But when i found that you can do manual, I did that. I've gotten all my progress just doing manual. (the device'd be embarrassing, they're not exactly very supportive of my restoration efforts either!! They see no reason why i'd not want to be cut.) and i wouldn't have been able use one anyway because my skin was so thin and red (it's thick and healthy now, but it was very red and swollen before). I find that method 1 works for me.. http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...gging/method-1 Have never been able to do method 2. Those of us with a thin skinned dick (I had stretch marks for a while on my penis because of tugging but they have reduced recently.) You may need to use less tension at first though, until you get more skin to be able to safely tug for longer. I can do it a lot longer now than i could, say, 2 years ago for example.
                  I’ve tried method 1 a bit out of curiosity and it really stretches the skin thin because of how little I have. I’d have to be really careful not to injure myself , as opposed to method 2. But I’ll use whatever works.

                  as for the parents issue you have, you can choose to either wait until you are on your own or use the information here to stand up for yourself and inform others. I don’t know what the relationship is like and how willing to talk they are, but if you think they’ll listen to you I’d recommend doing that. It’s a win/win if you can both help yourself and inform.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Restoremychoice View Post

                    I’ve tried method 1 a bit out of curiosity and it really stretches the skin thin because of how little I have. I’d have to be really careful not to injure myself , as opposed to method 2. But I’ll use whatever works.

                    as for the parents issue you have, you can choose to either wait until you are on your own or use the information here to stand up for yourself and inform others. I don’t know what the relationship is like and how willing to talk they are, but if you think they’ll listen to you I’d recommend doing that. It’s a win/win if you can both help yourself and inform.
                    Believe it or not, the stretch marks i had because my skin was so thin and I couldn't get any other method to work, and it hurt a LOT when I first started doing it (I'm told there should be no pain, and you should just feel a gentle tug but when I started I didn't have that. It hurt no matter how much tension i put on it. ) They won't listen, I've already tried.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Metal One View Post
                      Inner skin is the puffier (for lack of a better word) skin between the glans and scar line. Outer skin is shaft skin.

                      I've heard finished restorers (guys at CI-7, CI-8, for example) say that they have trouble keeping their regrown foreskin in the forward, "covered" position. It doesn't naturally move back to that "coverage" position because there is nothing drawing it there. It just stays back, unless manually pushed forward, and even then it may not stay. The only solution I've heard that doesn't require some degree of surgery is to grow enough skin so that it pushes itself forward...grow to the point where you have so much shaft skin that it pushes everything ahead of it forward, creating an effect that mimics that of a working frenulum. Can't speak to the truth in any of this, just letting you know what I've heard from people more experienced than myself.
                      Think what you said here is true for a lot of people. For me personally, I am currently in between CI5/6, have coverage half way to three quarter ways down my glans while on cooler days it resembles that of a CI7 in its soft state. And yes at times I do have to manually push it forward unless I sit down where it would be forward in place covering the entire glans; otherwise when I stand back up it rolls back and gathers behind the glans waiting for me to readjust. On colder days, (like I said it goes all the way forward like a CI7) I notice the tip of the little overhang I have is a bit tighter than usual which holds it forward into place regardless if I sit or stand. So I’m wondering if a rigid band could be the reason why some guys have trouble keeping their regrown foreskin forward where it should be. One way that works for me and hopefully for you guys if you’re around CI5 is to use something like an O Ring or a cone that would contribute to a “taper effect” or develop a rigid band to the end of the foreskin which will help keep the skin forward. In my opinion, this works really well. Hope this helps someone
                      https://www.foreskinrestore.com/Oring.html

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by restored121 View Post

                        Think what you said here is true for a lot of people. For me personally, I am currently in between CI5/6, have coverage half way to three quarter ways down my glans while on cooler days it resembles that of a CI7 in its soft state. And yes at times I do have to manually push it forward unless I sit down where it would be forward in place covering the entire glans; otherwise when I stand back up it rolls back and gathers behind the glans waiting for me to readjust. On colder days, (like I said it goes all the way forward like a CI7) I notice the tip of the little overhang I have is a bit tighter than usual which holds it forward into place regardless if I sit or stand. So I’m wondering if a rigid band could be the reason why some guys have trouble keeping their regrown foreskin forward where it should be. One way that works for me and hopefully for you guys if you’re around CI5 is to use something like an O Ring or a cone that would contribute to a “taper effect” or develop a rigid band to the end of the foreskin which will help keep the skin forward. In my opinion, this works really well. Hope this helps someone
                        https://www.foreskinrestore.com/Oring.html
                        I would be more afraid of damaging my erectile tissue from the pressure of the o-ring, than having a looser foreskin. Just my two cents.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Restoremychoice View Post
                          hmm, interesting to see the breakdown of the different types of skin. Based on that I would say I don't have my frenulum left but sulcus skin, I was confusing the two like I did inner/outer skin. what I thought was outer foreskin is just my shaft skin (skin under my scar line that is mobile but not sexually responsive like the outer/inner above my scarline. I can now see in the image how the inner skin is clearly above the outer on the glans, with both being right on top of each other, although I can't distinguish the two when it comes to me.
                          Is there anything wrong with growing more shaft skin to act as a cover? currently I have a decent bit of my shaft skin being invaded by scrotum skin, is that anything to worry about when restoring?
                          We have to grow a lot of skin to reach coverage. About half our skin was amputated, so look at your penis when flaccid and imagine twice as much skin. That will give you an idea of what you are shooting for.

                          As far as whether to grow shaft skin or mucosa, it really depends on what you want when you are done. But starting out, just grow whatever skin you can to get in the groove of incorporating tugging into your daily routine. This takes a long time, so you have plenty of time to make adjustments. As you get started, think about what you have read and what you think you want in the end. then make adjustments to do that.

                          Regards

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X