Hi, I’m Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I’m Bill

Hi, I just joined and have only been restoring for a couple months. I have some unique health problems that make it difficult, and I can’t afford any of the commercial medieval torture-rack type devices, so I’m sticking with simple DIY options. I know it takes a long time, but I get discouraged because my progress has been so slow and subtle.

To be honest, I was wary of joining this forum because people online are often so cruel and heartless, especially about topics like this. I basically just want someone to talk to who will understand, and not brag about their own progress. That’s all I’ve ever encountered with this subject online, and real world people just laugh at me, so I often feel like giving up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been restoring for over 20 years. I am close, but have not reached my goal. Some would call that slow progress. But I do me, and let others do themselves. Feel free to PM or direct questions to me, I view this place a s a place to provide support. This is not a race.

The general advice I typically give is to experiment with the amount of tension. I certainly have had to do that, to get consistent progress. And keep on tugging. No one is successful unless the keep on tugging, as simplistic as that sounds.

Regards

Comment

Thanks, greg_b. Twenty years? Wow. So how do you stay encouraged and motivated to (pardon the expression) keep it up? After just a couple months, I feel like giving up since there’s not much day to day progress anymore.

Comment

I'm sure you've already seen some of the methods, but there are a bunch of manual tugging and DIY links here:
        https://www.reddit.com/r/foreskin_re...n/wiki/methods

Foreskin restoration is slow enough that your progress from day to day will be too small to see, but it's there. You may want to keep a monthly journal for yourself, and perhaps take measurements or photos. You will see differences at that interval.

Nobody's here to laugh or brag; we're all restoring for the same reasons, whether it's to restore, be supportive, or both. Welcome to the group.

Comment

Never too old! Go for it!

Comment

Welcome. Being a Bill is getting harder these days.

-Ron Low
            [email protected]
            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
              I'm sure you've already seen some of the methods, but there are a bunch of manual tugging and DIY links here:
              https://www.reddit.com/r/foreskin_re...n/wiki/methods

Foreskin restoration is slow enough that your progress from day to day will be too small to see, but it's there. You may want to keep a monthly journal for yourself, and perhaps take measurements or photos. You will see differences at that interval.

Nobody's here to laugh or brag; we're all restoring for the same reasons, whether it's to restore, be supportive, or both. Welcome to the group.
              Thanks, Z. When I first started, it seemed like I *did* see almost daily changes. But then I learned that was just from the initial stretching of the skin I did have left, not any actual growth. Ever since then it seems to have slowed to a snail’s pace, so it’s been a lot harder to stay motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by dragons View Post
                Never too old! Go for it!
                Thanks, dragons! I think you were replying to my other post about age, but it’s all good! I’m hoping to eventually become one of those old men with a long floppy foreskin hanging all the way down to his knees! ;p

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                  Welcome. Being a Bill is getting harder these days.
                  LOL! Thanks, Ron! I loved that Saturday morning cartoon when I was a kid. “Conjunction Junction / What’s your function?” To this day, whenever I have to do math, I still hum that little song in my head about “3-6-9… 12-15-18… 21-24-27… 30!”

Comment

Originally posted by Bill756 View Post
                    Thanks, greg_b. Twenty years? Wow. So how do you stay encouraged and motivated to (pardon the expression) keep it up? After just a couple months, I feel like giving up since there’s not much day to day progress anymore.
                    Not as hard to stay motivated as it might seem. I was getting good feedback along the way, such as my wife saying after just a few months that intercourse felt much better for some reason, could it be the restoration? And there were many things like that, so especially early on. Plus, I early on decided that I would make this a long term project, and not drive myself crazy by being too restrictive in the resto of my life. So things like taking 3 days off per week, taking all vacations and out of town travel off, etc.

But yes, day to day can seem pretty slow, for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill756 View Post

LOL! Thanks, Ron! I loved that Saturday morning cartoon when I was a kid. “Conjunction Junction / What’s your function?” To this day, whenever I have to do math, I still hum that little song in my head about “3-6-9… 12-15-18… 21-24-27… 30!”
                      Huh, I just read that the guy who wrote "I'm Just A Bill" passed away just a few days ago, at age 88. Did a lot of songwriting in his time, with some pretty fun lyrics, if you look him up.
                      https://news.yahoo.com/songwriter-be...143410911.html

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post

Huh, I just read that the guy who wrote "I'm Just A Bill" passed away just a few days ago, at age 88. Did a lot of songwriting in his time, with some pretty fun lyrics, if you look him up.
                        https://news.yahoo.com/songwriter-be...143410911.html
                        You’re making me feel like my grandpa. When I was a kid and he was getting so much older, he kept saying that everyone he’d ever known was either dead or dying.

Comment

Working...
                        X